Super Bowl Postgame Thread: Chiefs Win! Reid gets his Ring

Sooo...

My wife and mother in law said they thought the Super Bowl was boring. They thought it looked like 2 mediocre football teams lacking in talent.

Thought that was interesting, even if I don’t necessarily agree... though this was one of the worst games I’ve seen Mahomes play. I really think he benefited from the 49ers Billsy end to the 1st half.

He almost had to get SB MVP by default since he played maybe slightly above average and everyone else was blah.

Watkins might’ve deserved it actually.

Happy for Andy Reid.

9 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Sooo...

My wife and mother in law said they thought the Super Bowl was boring. They thought it looked like 2 mediocre football teams lacking in talent.

Thought that was interesting, even if I don’t necessarily agree... though this was one of the worst games I’ve seen Mahomes play. I really think he benefited from the 49ers Billsy end to the 1st half.

He almost had to get SB MVP by default since he played maybe slightly above average and everyone else was blah.

Happy for Andy Reid.

They got so scared of Tyreeks speed at the end, that they got burned because of it. Dude had 15 yard cushions. Mahomes could just toss it up in the air, and these guys are waiting under it with no pressure. Niners blew it.

1 hour ago, Simon said:

There's more than one kind of great.

It's the worst game I've seen him play in his career yet he still beat the best defense in the NFL going away and went home with an MVP trophy stuffed in his gym bag.

I give that to Mahomes.  He had a bad 3Q, but he kept his poise, kept steady, and was able to hit some key plays in the 4th Q.

I thought there were a couple of key penalties against the 49ers that had disproportionate large impact in the game.  One of them was legit, one was iffy.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I give that to Mahomes.  He had a bad 3Q, but he kept his poise, kept steady, and was able to hit some key plays in the 4th Q.

I thought there were a couple of key penalties against the 49ers that had disproportionate large impact in the game.  One of them was legit, one was iffy.

I was also shocked that the announcers said there wasn’t a straight line camera angle available to the refs reviewing the KC pylon score that would’ve brought up 4th down if not successful...the NFL brings in double everything for the SB—extra refs on the crew, extra cameras, extra halftime and extra TV timeouts, but someone forgot the goal line camera shot?? 

48 minutes ago, BillsVet said:

This game proved to me that being a strong defense is not a viable strategy for lasting in the post-season.  Eventually you go up against a great offense and the result is what you have tonight.  

Helped that teams like SF out-smart themselves and play not to lose or simply retreat into their shell and stop being aggressive.  

I agree.  I also think Garappolo was exposed tonight.  He’s unathletic and has at best an average arm—rich man’s Matt Barkley.  I think Shanahan got them as far as he could with Jimmy G at the controls.  

9 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Sooo...

Happy for Andy Reid.

Im guessing they dont watch many bills games.

3 hours ago, BringBackOrton said:

Imagine trading an MVP and Super Bowl MVP QB for a DB. The Bills are world champions in breaking their own fans’ hearts.

Lol hey now, we also got extra picks to trade up for a QB of our own...

Though he's nowhere near the level of talent Mahomes is, maybe a once in a generation defense could propel him & the Bills to a Super Bowl, and then that DB will get a game-winning pick-6!

And though Mahomes & Co. are likely to dominate the AFC for as long as he's playing, even getting just ONE Super Bowl, even with a mid-tier QB, would be the best thing EVERRRR.

I don't care how we win it, but just a single Super Bowl win (then fading back into obscurity) would make me so incredibly happy.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, mannc said:

I agree.  I also think Garappolo was exposed tonight.  He’s unathletic and has at best an average arm—rich man’s Matt Barkley.  I think Shanahan got them as far as he could with Jimmy G at the controls.  

I think Jimmy G can still improve quite a bit. 

If you think Jimmy G cannot improve any further whatsoever, that fine. But if I'm to believe Josh Allen can suddenly start playing like a top level QB when he still plays the exact same way he always has, how can I not think someone who's been far more consistent like Jimmy G can't also improve further?

Also, let's say for arguments sake Jimmy G can't improve. He's playing at 100% capability right now. Shanahan can still take them father than just a SB appearance. 

This is the NFL after all. Mahomes could've been injured at any point in that game. Next season Mahomes could get hurt again, or a team besides the Chiefs could reach the Super Bowl & be a great matchup for the 49ers. You never know how a season will unfold. If he can get them to the Super Bowl, he can just as easily win the Super Bowl under the right conditions.

The Titans could've won the AFC Championship game this year. The 49ers may have matched up well against them. Next year the Ravens could make the Super Bowl & the 49ers could blow them out like the Titans did. Basically what I'm saying is the cliche "any given Sunday," scenario. I could just as easily see the 49ers winning as I could any other Super Bowl contender, even if this is all Jimmy G has to offer.

2 minutes ago, BigDingus said:

I think Jimmy G can still improve quite a bit. 

If you think Jimmy G cannot improve any further whatsoever, that fine. But if I'm to believe Josh Allen can suddenly start playing like a top level QB when he still plays the exact same way he always has, how can I not think someone who's been far more consistent like Jimmy G can't also improve further?

Also, let's say for arguments sake Jimmy G can't improve. He's playing at 100% capability right now. Shanahan can still take them father than just a SB appearance. 

This is the NFL after all. Mahomes could've been injured at any point in that game. Next season Mahomes could get hurt again, or a team besides the Chiefs could reach the Super Bowl & be a great matchup for the 49ers. You never know how a season will unfold. If he can get them to the Super Bowl, he can just as easily win the Super Bowl under the right conditions.

The Titans could've won the AFC Championship game this year. The 49ers may have matched up well against them. Next year the Ravens could make the Super Bowl & the 49ers could blow them out like the Titans did. Basically what I'm saying is the cliche "any given Sunday," scenario. I could just as easily see the 49ers winning as I could any other Super Bowl contender, even if this is all Jimmy G has to offer.

I didn’t say Garappolo can’t or won’t improve. I just said he’s not very good.  And I do think he’s got a low ceiling.  I think his lack of running ability hurts them and makes their offense much easier to defend, especially when the Niners are behind.  I would much rather have Josh Allen, even though there are some things Jimmy G does better right now.

32 minutes ago, Haze_21 said:

Im guessing they dont watch many bills games.

No.

Not one.

But I don't think they were wrong. The best players didn't exactly rise to the occasion today.

San Francisco lost this game more than Kansas City won.

Doesn't matter all that much. Reid finally gets his ring and Mahomes has won league MVP, Super Bowl MVP and has a Super Bowl ring all in his first couple years. I just think the latter 2 were less earned today than just given to him.

Still can't believe how Shanahan handled the end of the 1st half. :doh:

2 hours ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Watching these two teams don’t really think they are all that much better then the Bills but their skill talent and the ability for their receivers to get seperation makes Mahomes job a lot easier as he really wasn’t that good tonight would much rather see a title in KC then another championship goto the Bay Area 

The main thing with Mahomes compared to Allen is the deep accuracy.  He's much more consistent and throws with more touch.  They're not that far off besides that and Allen is the better scrambler.  The play calling and creativity also jump out at me on both sides of the ball.

The biggest strength on both teams tonight (the Chiefs weapons and speed provided to Mahomes) and the ability of the 49ers to get pressure with just the front four should be our main focus of the offseason.

4 hours ago, Penfield45 said:

as much as the Bills organization and their fans want to try to ignore the Mahomes pick trade it will haunt this franchise for the next 2 decades or until we find an equally better QB 

I mean you can say that about a lot of players ... it's kind of stupid to sit and agonize with 20/20 goggles over past year drafts.... 

It's really stupid. Like low rent, offseason radio talk show garbage time. Stop it.

Just stop.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 2

7 hours ago, LabattBlue said:

Your team just wins the SB and the first thing you do is come here and post on a Buffalo Bills message board. 

Yeah...you’re not trolling.  ?

I didn’t think it was trolling. More like sad.  Like wouldn’t you want to share the moment with fellow KC fans in real life? Like people you have watched and cheered the Chiefs with for your entire life? I could see coming on here later today or this week. To come on Here within in minutes after The win is kind of well, sad. I feel for you KC fan. Wish you could enjoy the win with other KC fans.

I went to bed after the game and don’t know why a post SB conversation turns into Mahomes sexual orientation.  This is the most ridiculous and ignorent comment I’ve heard in awhile.  Sounds like just bashing Mahomes because sour grapes we could have had him and now let’s find anything we can say negative about him.

The boring comments are crazy.  Did anyone watch last years SB? 13-3 and that was only late in the game.

This game went right down to the wire, and any real football fan can see it was an exciting game.  I’m happy for KC winning the first time in 50 years and of course for Andy, Kelley, Mahomes, and so on.  I feel for the SF fans as they had this game in hand until the end. It’s just the way the ball bounced.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

6 hours ago, pop gun said:

So with 2 minutes left before half he decided to run the ball and run the clock out.

With less than 6 minutes in the game and leading 20-10 he felt uncomfortable and needed to throw the ball on 2nd and 4 then 3rd and 4. WTF, run the ball and run the clock. Stupid coaching lost it for SF. 

Hope McDermott learned something tonight.

Shanahan showed he didn’t learn anything from the 28-3 debacle when he was the Falcons OC. Could of taken another minute and a half off the clock. Or forced KC to use timeouts. Now I’m not sure it really would of mattered but the Look and Feel of the game when KC got the  ball back would of been different.