Super Bowl Postgame Thread: Chiefs Win! Reid gets his Ring

54 minutes ago, DCBongo said:

Well done KC and happy for an AFC win, but San Francisco should have had this and they lacked the imagination and talent to overcome!

You could really tell when Bosa was off the field... the only D talent that stands out aside from Sherman and he gave up some huge plays tonight

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Most Super Bowls have a signature play but I'm struggling to pick one. I guess the 40 yard completion to Tyreek Hill? Didn't really feel like a championship overall.

Same here.    When it was 20-10, it just seemed like the 49ers stopped playing.   Their DC needs a good kick in the ass for backing off the pressure and playing deep zone.    

OTOH, kudos to the KC pass rush in the second half.   They as much as anything won the game...

• Like (+1) 2

16 minutes ago, Simon said:

There's more than one kind of great.

It's the worst game I've seen him play in his career yet he still beat the best defense in the NFL going away and went home with an MVP trophy stuffed in his gym bag.

yeah. I really don’t get the criticism. It’s one thing to play every game like youre Tim Tebow and it’s another thing to crush everybody and then have an off game and still put up 31 points.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BuffaloRebound said:

I don’t agree that we could’ve won the super bowl this year, but the chiefs O Line was terrible tonight. Not sure our OLine would’ve played much worse.  It’s why Mahomes looked so bad for a majority of that game.  

it would have been worse. A lot worse.

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, BuffaloRebound said:

I don’t agree that we could’ve won the super bowl this year, but the chiefs O Line was terrible tonight. Not sure our OLine would’ve played much worse.  It’s why Mahomes looked so bad for a majority of that game.  

I thought the KC o-line did a pretty good job against possibly the best d-line in the league.  Look back two weeks ago when the 49ers completely shut down Aaron Rogers and the Packers.  That should provide some perspective.

Our o-line would have looked like a college offensive line going against professionals tonight.

• Like (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Most Super Bowls have a signature play but I'm struggling to pick one. I guess the 40 yard completion to Tyreek Hill? Didn't really feel like a championship overall.

Yeah, it's the Hill play for sure.  I believe that play was on 3d down....they'd have been punting.

There's also the deep TD that JG missed on the ensuing drive when Sanders (I think) got behind the defense that would have clinched the game.

Edited by KD in CA
  • Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, AlCowlingsTaxiService said:

Oh yes sooooooo easily LMAO

Uh yeah. You’re taking it in an exaggerated sense when it was clearly meant that we were a couple key plays from beating Houston and we could have shut down KC if we played a great game. Also, we beat Tennessee once and could’ve beaten them again especially at home easily. 

Nothing the 49ers showed convinces me they would’ve dominated this years Bills team and we definitely could’ve won.

So...maybe less snark?

25 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Oh Kyle...

So with 2 minutes left before half he decided to run the ball and run the clock out.

With less than 6 minutes in the game and leading 20-10 he felt uncomfortable and needed to throw the ball on 2nd and 4 then 3rd and 4. WTF, run the ball and run the clock. Stupid coaching lost it for SF. 

Hope McDermott learned something tonight.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, BuffaloBill963 said:

Uh yeah. You’re taking it in an exaggerated sense when it was clearly meant that we were a couple key plays from beating Houston and we could have shut down KC if we played a great game. Also, we beat Tennessee once and could’ve beaten them again especially at home easily. 

Nothing the 49ers showed convinces me they would’ve dominated this years Bills team and we definitely could’ve won.

So...maybe less snark?

The Titans were a much better team at the end of the year than when we played them.

8 minutes ago, pop gun said:

So with 2 minutes left before half he decided to run the ball and run the clock out.

With less than 6 minutes in the game and leading 20-10 he felt uncomfortable and needed to throw the ball on 2nd and 4 then 3rd and 4. WTF, run the ball and run the clock. Stupid coaching lost it for SF. 

Hope McDermott learned something tonight.

it’s only stupid coaching when it doesn’t work. Jimmy was like 18 for 22 at one point, any pass play at any time could have gashed them for big yards.