Don’t forget the Commercials....

djp14150

18 hours ago, LeGOATski said:

Late 90s - early 00s was the golden age for super bowl commercials.

My sister sent me that one because of my love of Jeeps and my plan to buy a Gladiator when they came out. Then I saw the price tag and bought an F150 instead. It took me from early May until just 2 weeks ago to actually see one not sitting on a dealers lot out here.......

17 hours ago, Uncle Joe said:

I wish they would ban political ads during the Super Bowl.

They had Fox News do a sit down with Trump that was part of the Pre-Game show early in the afternoon, and people complain about sports and politics overlapping......

Like everyone I liked the Jeep spot - well done, pulled from a cultural classic, featuring America's greatest asset, Bill Murray, on the right day.  Well done Jeep!

I also liked the Saint Archer spot, but that's just because I've know P-Rod (the skateboarder in the spot) for about 20 years and it's always cool to see homies get some shine, especially on the freaking Super Bowl!

And of course, I loved the Dew spot (Full Disclosure:  Dew is my client, the team that worked on this spot are my peoples).  The spot was well done, it captured the feel of the Shining and Cranston was SO good as the lead.  Plus Tracee Ellis Ross made me laugh too, fighting off the axe with the tub brush.  When I heard the concept a couple months ago I thought "Okaaaay, The Shining!?  It'll either kill it, or bomb, but curious choice.".  Then when saw the spot a couple weeks ago, I thought "Oh OK, they nailed it!".

I'll have to go back and take a look, honestly not a ton of the others caught my eye.  There were several that just bought it down too, keep the levity for some time other than the big game, IMO.  This is entertainment!!  :beer:

12 hours ago, Southern Bills Fan said:

Trumps ads were the best. I’m going to vote for him again. 

If we are basing the election of a president off of the ads (I'm sure it won't be long til this actually happens.....), Introducing your next President of the United States.........

Jeep Gladiator! With vice president Bill Murray and Secretary of State Groundhog.....

• Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, nucci said:

why is this a thing? The commercials I did see were ridiculous.

At one point the commercials used to be a lot of fun, but I feel like they have been horrible for the last decade at least.  Unfortunately American pop culture has changed for the much worse in my opinion.  I think we are getting to the point where people realize this and don't even care about the commercials anymore. 

4 hours ago, apuszczalowski said:

If we are basing the election of a president off of the ads (I'm sure it won't be long til this actually happens.....), Introducing your next President of the United States.........

Jeep Gladiator! With vice president Bill Murray and Secretary of State Groundhog.....

I don’t know. I would probably vote for skinny Jason Mamoa.