Shady is inactive for the SB

Reed83HOF

23 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Only played 300 snaps all season. Really fell off a cliff. Though I guess he really only has one good game last year, I blamed the OL for some of it but it wasn’t all of it. 

I said all along last year he was running scared after his concussion and everyone laughed.  He was done after that game.  Never the same. 

1 hour ago, KD in CA said:

People seem to forget Gore running effectively and pounding out first downs late in a couple of close wins.  I understand he had nothing left later in the season and I have no interest in him being on the team next season, but he was a valuable contributor during the team's fast start in 2019.

The biggest thing with Gore vs Shady is who they wanted around Singletary in his rookie year. It was all about Devin’s development once Devin showed them what he could do in camp. They gave shady a chance to show he could be the #1 RB in camp and Singletary beat him out. After that, it was between him and gore as devin’s mentor. 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, KD in CA said:

People seem to forget Gore running effectively and pounding out first downs late in a couple of close wins.  I understand he had nothing left later in the season and I have no interest in him being on the team next season, but he was a valuable contributor during the team's fast start in 2019.

Great points.

i also think Gore was a better choice as a vet mentor for Singletary. 

• Like (+1) 1

If Shady is inactive it's a dumb move by Reid. He is a great player and will have a great play or two. 4.6 YPC this year. His game logs look like a real up and down season. 8.1 YPC in one game and 2.1 in a few others. He will make more plays than a backup DL.

10 minutes ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

Great points.

i also think Gore was a better choice as a vet mentor for Singletary. 

Based on what? Shady was great in Bill's locker room. Always praised lineman. Signing Gore was a dumb move and another in the list of bad personnel decisions by McD

3 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

If Shady is inactive it's a dumb move by Reid. He is a great player and will have a great play or two. 4.6 YPC this year. His game logs look like a real up and down season. 8.1 YPC in one game and 2.1 in a few others. He will make more plays than a backup DL.

Based on what? Shady was great in Bill's locker room. Always praised lineman. Signing Gore was a dumb move and another in the list of bad personnel decisions by McD

Based on McCoy’s comments asking to be traded and the fact that Gore and a Singletary are training together post season. 
While McCoy doesn’t complain to the media, that doesn’t mean he isn’t complaining to other players or coaches. 
McCoy was a good Bill. He was the most talented Bill on the team for a few years. 

14 hours ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

Maybe the Bills don’t make the playoffs with McCoy on the team instead of Gore.

Unlikely. When Singletary got hurt, McCoy would have been much better than Gore. Gore had a few nice 4th quarter runs but it was obvious he was done by week 8. I posted he would have a big game in playoffs against Houston bad run D. I was correct that McD and Daboll would use him quite a bit for that veteran presence in the huddle in playoff situation. But he was terrible and just one of many reasons they lost.

23 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

McD benched McCoy, a team Captain, for a start of week 16 last year.  Reid has benched him repeatedly to end this season.

Gotta be attitude issue.  That's why McBeane made him a late cut team just before the season started.  

5 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Unlikely. When Singletary got hurt, McCoy would have been much better than Gore. Gore had a few nice 4th quarter runs but it was obvious he was done by week 8. I posted he would have a big game in playoffs against Houston bad run D. I was correct that McD and Daboll would use him quite a bit for that veteran presence in the huddle in playoff situation. But he was terrible and just one of many reasons they lost.

I think you are downplaying the impact Gore had on Singletary. Sorry, you will never convince me McCoy has the same positive impact on Singletary as Gore has.  Gore seems to of accepted his place, McCoy I think is still working through that. 

Edited by atlbillsfan1975
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Real McNasty said:

Hope to see McCoy playing today. 

I can't see Reid screwing him with that long history together. 

We will see I guess.

It’s not screwing him.   He cant take emotions into account, rather do all the things that give his team the beat chance to win.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Mr. WEO said:

McD benched McCoy, a team Captain, for a start of week 16 last year.  Reid has benched him repeatedly to end this season.

Gotta be attitude issue.  That's why McBeane made him a late cut team just before the season started.  

I know someone taught you "when you hear hoofbeats, don't think of zebras"

I know it.

The horse clopping along is that McCoy averaged 5.5 ypc in the first 6 games he played in this season, but only 3.3 ypc in the most recent 6 games he played this season.

The most straightforward explanation is that Reid feels the game plan calls for activating 2 and not 3 RBs, and Shady is no longer considered the best 2 RBs on the KC team.

Why come up with some hypothetical "attitude" speculation?

McCoy carried 10x in that week 16 game last year.  The benching at the start didn't last long - slap on a wrist for being late to the bus or some such.

• Like (+1) 3