Shady is inactive for the SB

Reed83HOF

1 hour ago, Reed83HOF said:

sad story that repeats itself in the nfl....the demise of the RB. A position (w very few exceptions like John Riggins and a few other mainly power backs)

where the player hits the wall quickly. The RB position relies so much on pure athleticism...which peaks in the mid 20s.

We got Shady at the end of his prime and he was good for a couple yrs.

But then he was very avg...and overpaid. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

Only played 300 snaps all season. Really fell off a cliff. Though I guess he really only has one good game last year, I blamed the OL for some of it but it wasn’t all of it. 

MANY here blamed the O-line.  But it wasn't so.  The fork was in him last year for sure.

Sure there has been the Nate Peterman, the Kelvin Benjamin, the Lee Smith....but I give credit to McD for smelling the milk-gone-bad on McCoy's career and sending him on his way.

• Like (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, Needle said:

Feel bad for Shady but saw this coming. He just isn't that good anymore.

I always think of really good players who just missed this opportunity.

Eric Berry

Kareem Hunt

Shady 

Kelvin Benjamin (joke)

Tamba Hali

Eric Berry for sure. Chiefs legend. Also Jamal Charles 

15 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

MANY here blamed the O-line.  But it wasn't so.  The fork was in him last year for sure.

Sure there has been the Nate Peterman, the Kelvin Benjamin, the Lee Smith....but I give credit to McD for smelling the milk-gone-bad on McCoy's career and sending him on his way.

He averaged 4.6 ypc this year.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Nice...so did the Vikings rookie backup RB.  And at least that guy got to play in the postseason.

Plus Josh Allen outgained him for a second year in a row.

This makes no sense.  McCoy, the 32 year old backup rb, had the same numbers as the Vikings 21 year old backup rb, so that means he’s washed up?  I mean he’s not McCoy but a guy who’s washed (Gore) would average like 3.2 ypc or whatever.

i really don’t care either way.  I think McCoy could be a major scumbag but he is a borderline HOF Rb and has a chance to get a ring.  Things could be worse. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

This makes no sense.  McCoy, the 32 year old backup rb, had the same numbers as the Vikings 21 year old backup rb, so that means he’s washed up?  I mean he’s not McCoy but a guy who’s washed (Gore) would average like 3.2 ypc or whatever.

i really don’t care either way.  I think McCoy could be a major scumbag but he is a borderline HOF Rb and has a chance to get a ring.  Things could be worse. 

No HC benched Gore for the postseason.  

Reid has done it to McCoy twice in a row (and replaced him with a rookie avg 3.5/carry)---in the playoffs,  including the SB.  He also benched him in the last him for the last 2 games of the regular season.  He's touched the ball once since mid-December.

Reid obviously thinks he's washed up---go tell him he's wrong.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Mr. WEO said:

No HC benched Gore for the postseason.  

Reid has done it to McCoy twice in a row (and replaced him with a rookie avg 3.5/carry)---in the playoffs,  including the SB.  He also benched him in the last him for the last 2 games of the regular season.  He's touched the ball once since mid-December.

Reid obviously thinks he's washed up---go tell him he's wrong.

But his is hilarious.  All you used to do is talk about Reid is a completely overrated coach.  And maybe a smart offensive coach should have benched Gore and his 2.8 ypc against Houston.  

someone else pointed out it’s probably the 3 fumbles that got him benched.  It’s crazy because it always seemed like he should have fumble much more with the way he carried the ball.

oh well. Bills fans can watch the game and talk about how much Watkins, McCoy, and Ragland suck.  Just like with Gilmore last year. And Darby and Bradham the year before. 

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, C.Biscuit97 said:

But his is hilarious.  All you used to do is talk about Reid is a completely overrated coach.  And maybe a smart offensive coach should have benched Gore and his 2.8 ypc against Houston.  

someone else pointed out it’s probably the 3 fumbles that got him benched.  It’s crazy because it always seemed like he should have fumble much more with the way he carried the ball.

oh well. Bills fans can watch the game and talk about how much Watkins, McCoy, and Ragland suck.  Just like with Gilmore last year. And Darby and Bradham the year before. 

Oh yes....big game decision making?  Many more than me understand The Big Koolaid is a liability calling games that matter.  Doesn't mean he can't see what others see--McCoy's washed up to the point where they won't even put him in a uniform for weeks.

It's not because of the fumbles (he played 2 more games after his last fumble).  Didn't see McD keeping Singletary in street clothes the rest of the year after this 3rd fumble in 102 carries on Thanksgiving. 

3 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I would have rather had McCoy than Gore in our playoff game. 

For what?

The guy hasn't had 40 yards rushing since before Halloween.  How is he an upgrade?  At least Gore is still playing hard.  McCoy has been dogging it for 2 years.  And I bet that's why Reid benched him.  

Like everyone on this board, only way McCoy is ever getting into the HOF is with a ticket.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Never saw the upside of limiting a roster to less than 60.   This is a perfect example of why.  

If KC gets a nice lead and wants to bring in a popular vet like Shady for a few touches they should be able to.  53 isn't enough.

It would also help to develop young players, sometimes a blowout happens or guys get hurt and if there were deeper rosters it would benefit everyone.

4 hours ago, JR in Pittsburgh said:

For real? That’s a real slap in the face.

Activate a nobody backup interior d-lineman who everyone knows won’t play, over a possible HOF RB who can actually get you some good touches?

It seems they believe that lineman gets them better impact and their job is to win the game not make shady proud of himself.

4 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

blamed the OL for some of it but it wasn’t all of it.

The OL was not good last year, but there is these stats that's are hard to explain away, except McCoy's product fell off.

Murphy: 60/291 4.9 YPA

McCoy: 161/514, 3.2 YPA

With KC, McCoy averaged 4.6, which is decent and above Williams' 4.5.  But I think McCoy's two fumbles mid-season dropped him down.  Darwin Thompson plays ST.

If a player contributed in a season where his team wins the super bowl he doesn't earn a ring unless he is active for that game?  I don't agree with that. To make it that far he DID contribute to a greater or lesser extent.