Jordan Reed (worth a shot?)

BeastMode54

I usually don’t feel too strongly about players, but I would absolutely hate this. This guy is just a total disappointment. Could be the most injury prone player in sports history! 

this guy has injured his foot, toe, knee, hammy, quad, knee, chest, shoulder, and head, all multiple times and that has caused him to miss large stretches of games. Total waste of a roster spot. 

24 minutes ago, WMDman said:

Id rather continue to develop Knox

I think everyone wants to continue to develop Knox (and Sweeney).  The question is do we go for a proven performer while waiting to see if our guys can step up?

The Ravens say 3 solid to great TE on the roster is NOT too many.  SF and KC say "look what happens when you have at least one really top performer".

I want to see us go after a proven performer or at least have another choice in case Knox can't fix the dropsies and the "whoops!" on the blocks

Jordan Reed can play, but his injury and concussion history doesn't seem to make him a high-percentage choice

39 minutes ago, WMDman said:

Id rather continue to develop Knox

We’re going to develop Knox. It would be more of a “I’d rather develop Sweeney”.

that being said. No way I’d pay him more than 2 mill a year.  He’s a living injury 

Today's edition of the Athletic had a review of the TE's on the roster.  One of the things stressed more than one time in his write up (which I agree with )was don't make nay moves that would reduce the snaps Knox is one the field for.  While he acknowledged the drops being an issue that needs to improve, the article stated that he has the skill set very few TE's in the league have and he needs to plays as much as possible to further develop.  Think it said he is in the top three in yards after the catch of all TE's league wide.

So don't make moves that would reduce his snap count which makes alot of sense.

Edited by Ed_Formerly_of_Roch
  • Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, LEBills said:

Honestly, hope the guy can step away from football. The number of concussions he has had is dangerous.

so no.

This and nothing else. I don't understand how anyone can allow this poor guy to play. It's extremely scary how many concussions he's had.

• Like (+1) 1

not getting the reasoning for all the TE threads. we drafted two and picked TWO up in fa. 

did we expect our rookie tes to be gronk thier first season? knox made rookie mistakes that hopefully a actual offseason can address. sweeny i thought played pretty well with his limited snaps. i guess we can say the fas were let downs, but te is not a spot that i think we desperately need to address or take a crazy risk on olson or reed for.

by all accounts we have a great coaching staff, so lets let them do thier jobs and develope the talent that is showing no signs of bust.