Super Bowl Menu: The Most Important Thread of the Year

7 hours ago, Zerovoltz said:

@YoloinOhio .....What an incredible spread!  Are you smoking those burnt ends yourself?

I got a brisket in the smoker right now....rubbed down with salt, pepper and garlic powder....going to pull it out after about 6 hours, chop the point into cubes and put some brown sugar in a bowl, along with some homemade KC style sauce....tomato based, a little apple cider vinegar, molasses.....Burnt ends are like candy....if beef was candy.....so freakin good.

Will be drinking Boulevard Unfiltered Wheat bear...(a KC staple)  

The monday following the SB should be national holiday.

I looked up the Boulevard Beer. Looks like i can get a 6 pack for 14.99 from Whole Foods. Which is better - the quad Bourbon barrel or the tank 7 Farmhouse? 

I’m remodeling my Bathroom myself. 
Today is mudding and taping and sanding drywall all day.

Usually it’s homemade wings in the turkey fryer. My boy’s last day home from college Christmas break was the Bills Texans game so we did our wings then.

So, pressed for time , tonight we are having Cevapi with Ajvar on pita bread with fresh Molson beer( which we can’t always get in Clt)

Cevapi are skinless Croatian sausages and Ajvar is this awesome roasted red pepper relish you serve them with.

Couldn’t help myself this morning; made waffles for breakfast 

7 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Such an interesting question. I said 4 cst but the Pelicans play at 1 and I know all of these dudes will be there then. 

4pm is the right call.

Gives people time for beverages and apps before game time

2 minutes ago, Binghamton Beast said:

Game day decision. A lot of food right now is listed as being questionable. Once I see how the food looks in the pre-game warmup at Wegman’s, I’ll decide who plays in the menu and who sits.

Oof. Good luck braving the Wegmans crowd today!

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

So, wings? 

I can't do that to they guy...

My last meal until monday PM was yesterday: a huge salad from Wegmans that will act as the piston pushing forward with the massive hydraulic force of a gallon of Gatorade mixed with 350gm Miralax behind it.

17 hours ago, BarleyNY said:

Our contribution to the party we are attending:

KC: Baby back ribs, smoked over cherry, with spice rub and KC style sauce

SF: Clam chowder with sourdough bread and Anchor Steam beer

We have been waiting on a Costco in Buffalo, but no dice yet.  Closest ones are in Rochester and across the border. 

...strange.....Rochester & Syracuse but none in Buffalo or Albany..........

Now I'm leaning toward making a couple pizzas.  Chicken wing dip is all made; jalapeno poppers are all halved and loaded/just need to be breaded and fried.  Those two things being done last night saved me a solid 90 minutes.  I'm "this close," to going to the market to get some dough.

....have to do some chicken wings....BLUE CHEESE MANDATORY!............then shrimp cocktail, Veal Marsala and grilled broccoli in a garlic butter sauce......party of one (wife died 4 1/2 years ago).......my son and his wife are hosting a party for their friends (the old man wasn't on the guest list-LOL).......my daughter and her boyfriend come back late afternoon from NYC and head to a party with their friends....

On 2/1/2020 at 10:39 AM, Gugny said:

Homemade Jalapeno Poppershttps://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/20858/best-ever-jalapeno-poppers/ - I've made them before and this recipe is solid.

Chicken wing dip - using real chicken breast and not canned.  ALWAYS used canned and went to make some a few months ago and realized I was out of canned chicken.  Threw a couple breasts into the oven and man .... what a significant difference.  Once you go real, you never go back!

Chili/Cheese fries. - Gonna use the canned Hormel chili.  It's just perfect for chili cheese fries and will cut down on time.

Beef on Weck - Not gonna actually do a roast and slice it.  Just gonna go to the deli and get some of their best roast beef sliced more thickly than I'd get if it were for regular sandwiches.  But the salt and caraway seeds are ready to "roll!"  

Pizza - I am going back and forth on this one.  Every year, I miss commercials and parts of the game because I'm busy in the kitchen.  Every year, I say, "I'm ordering pizzas next year."  Every year, I end up making two pizzas and missing commercials and parts of the game.  I think I'll stick to my original thought and just order a pie or two.  But I DO have enough of that pepperoni left to do cup and char ............... hmmm ............

Beverages - I'll grab a 12-pack of Sierra Nevada Torpedos and an 18-pack of Labatt Light.  Start with the high octane, then settle down with the Labatt's.  

Cheers!!!!!!

Outstanding! ?

• Thank you (+1) 1

Pulled pork (been in the crockpot since 7:00 am), homemade BBQ Sauce & Brioche Buns

Chili

Wings & Boneless Chicken Flings - homemade blue cheese dip

Cocktail Sausages

Cheese Plate/Crackers

Chips, dips, nacho chips, Salsa

Caesar Salad

Jamoca Almond Fudge Cake

Beer, Pop, Apple Juice

Decided against Pizza & fried snacks.

Anything I'm missing?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Such an interesting question. I said 4 cst but the Pelicans play at 1 and I know all of these dudes will be there then. 

Perfect! You understand that the Super Bowl is not just a GAME, it’s a DAY. We are invited to a friends about 30 minutes away with no traffic (it has taken as much as 1 hour 45 minutes with Atlanta traffic).  Any way,  when we asked about the time the wife said “well the game starts at 6:30, so come at 6:00”.  We’ve all gone to some trouble as far as food and drink, and I’d like to be able to graze and enjoy for much of Super Bowl Day. Thirty minutes before kickoff barely gives you time to get your food set up and grab a beverage. 

If it’s at my house I’d say be there at least by 5:00 if you can, but feel free to come any time after noon or so.  I was wondering if that was just me....

• Like (+1) 2

23 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Pulled pork (been in the crockpot since 7:00 am), homemade BBQ Sauce & Brioche Buns

Chili

Wings & Boneless Chicken Flings - homemade blue cheese dip

Cocktail Sausages

Cheese Plate/Crackers

Chips, dips, nacho chips, Salsa

Caesar Salad

Jamoca Almond Fudge Cake

Beer, Pop, Apple Juice

Decided against Pizza & fried snacks.

Anything I'm missing?

Is your special ingredient tears?