Super Bowl Menu: The Most Important Thread of the Year

6 minutes ago, Fan in Chicago said:

Terrible timing.  

I am sure you have been told but these prep really is the worst part. The actual procedure is not a big deal.  You have the added bonus of being able to see your own colon after the procedure ?

Good luck and hope it all is clear

Thanks man!.

I'm going to watch it live!  A former trainee of mine is doing it, no sedation.  I have to get back to work afterwards.

Our contribution to the party we are attending:

KC: Baby back ribs, smoked over cherry, with spice rub and KC style sauce

SF: Clam chowder with sourdough bread and Anchor Steam beer

1 hour ago, Gugny said:

We have a BJs a Sam's and Trader Joe's.

I went to BJs many years ago.  I get the bulk thing.  Just not into it.

We have been waiting on a Costco in Buffalo, but no dice yet.  Closest ones are in Rochester and across the border. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

My Annual “I put way too much time into this every year” Super Bowl weekend menu ?
~Representing Kansas City: Smoked Brisket Burnt Ends, KC BBQ Spare Ribs, KC BBQ chips, KC Ice Water” cocktail (these are sooo good)
~Representing San Francisco: Peet’s Coffee (Berkeley), Cioppino, SF Sourdough, Rice-a-Roni, Anchor Steam beer,  J Lohr Paso Robles Cab (Santa Clara), Giardelli Black & Tan Sundaes
~Representing the host city of Miami: Cubano Minis, Joe’s Stone Crab recipe Key Lime Martini  

My excitement over not having to find new ways to make New England cuisine again has been palpable ???

This is really creative and impressive. I am quite jealous. 

53 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

Man that all sounds good.

I'll only be able to offer Cleveland Steamers on the ribs of the willing, unfortunately....

• Thank you (+1) 1

I am gonna make pepperolis. Think cinnamon rolls, except with pizza ingredients. Maybe some Rotel cheese sausage dip.

I am adopting a new dog and cannot pick her up till 3:00, so I have to keep things streamlined tomorrow.

3 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Trader Joe’s has oddly fantastic frozen stuff.

Since kids the whole Super Bowl party thing has fallen off a cliff for us. Since that time we left at half for bedtime, we just said, ‘maybe in 5 or 10 years.’

That's really their sweet spot, I think.  Otherwise no solid reason to divert to there.

5 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

1 Oz Vodka, 1 oz gin, 1/2 oz  fresh lime juice or 1/2 oz Rose’s lime - Shake over ice and strain into Ice filled glass, fill with 3 oz 7 up, garnish with twist of lime

Nice. But you have the amounts wrong. 
Its 3 oz Vodka, 3 oz Gin, 1/2 oz  fresh lime juice or 1/2 oz Rose’s lime - Shake over ice and strain into Ice filled glass, fill with 3 oz 7 up, garnish with twist of lime. 

You're welcome.

Oh, and cioppino or maybe NY strip steaks and lobster tails. Going out oystering tomorrow. Maybe do some Rockefeller style. 

1 hour ago, Chaos said:

This is really creative and impressive. I am quite jealous. 

Thanks like I said I put way too much time into it, o start researching possible menu items around the time of the divisional round games. Then it becomes I thing where I start rooting for teams to win based solely on food options ?

2 hours ago, BarleyNY said:

We have been waiting on a Costco in Buffalo, but no dice yet.  Closest ones are in Rochester and across the border. 

I was close to doing the clam chowder but couldn’t bring myself to have anything that even slightly represented NE for this SB!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, WotAGuy said:

Fasting and purging on Super Sunday.  Should have checked the calendar when I scheduled that colonoscopy ??‍♂️

Oh you poor things!   Whatever team wins has to be your rooting interest so you can celebrate post-scope.

36 minutes ago, WotAGuy said:

Fasting and purging on Super Sunday.  Should have checked the calendar when I scheduled that colonoscopy ??‍♂️

What are the odds? Two of you are having to fast and purge tomorrow? Doctor should have paid more attention when scheduling! 

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

What are the odds? Two of you are having to fast and purge tomorrow? Doctor should have paid more attention when scheduling! 

They were probably dying to fill all those empty slots on Monday with guys who were not paying attention! 

• Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

WEO and I are getting them done “back to back” so to speak.