Super Bowl Menu: The Most Important Thread of the Year

2 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I wondered about that myself

Complains the man who acknowledges plans to bring store bought chicken dip and crackers

But....it’s not Costco! That makes all the difference! 

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Costco has some pretty good stuff! 

I know, I was there just yesterday and looking at some things I might actually take to my friends to cover for bringing my son’s vegetarian fiancé. I did get my wife flowers for like $17 (yellow roses with red tips, her favorite) that cost $150~ from the florist. They don’t come with a vase, but I could sell them vases! And Costco’s flowers last MUCH longer than the expensive ones! 

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Costco has some pretty good stuff! 

No they don't. Their frozen food is terrible. Examples - microwaveable chicken wings, bakeable Cajun catfish.?

36 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Complains the man who acknowledges plans to bring store bought chicken dip and crackers

Trust this board to beat down a hypocrite?

But in all honesty, the first dip will be made by my wifey

Edited by Fan in Chicago

1 minute ago, Fan in Chicago said:

No they don't. Their frozen food is terrible. Examples - microwaveable chicken wings, bakeable Cajun catfish.

They had free chicken wing samples, and I knew enough to walk right by. That doesn’t mean they don’t have some good stuff. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Augie said:

They had free chicken wing samples, and I knew enough to walk right by. That doesn’t mean they don’t have some good stuff. 

Last thing I will say else it will hijack this thread. But they don't have anything unique which you can't get in other non-membership stores. And I have a fundamental issue with buying in bulk to save a few cents 

1 minute ago, Fan in Chicago said:

No they don't. Their frozen food is terrible. Examples - microwaveable chicken wings, bakeable Cajun catfish.

Trader Joe’s has oddly fantastic frozen stuff.

Since kids the whole Super Bowl party thing has fallen off a cliff for us. Since that time we left at half for bedtime, we just said, ‘maybe in 5 or 10 years.’

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Augie said:

Things I’ve tried that are great: prepared street tacos (not frozen), açaí bowls (frozen), spinach egg white frittatas (frozen), spinach artichoke dip and naan (not frozen) 

27 minutes ago, Fan in Chicago said:

No they don't. Their frozen food is terrible. Examples - microwaveable chicken wings, bakeable Cajun catfish.?

I've picked up some quite good frozen stuff at Costco.  Also some not so decent.  Sometimes there are reviews that help.

They have great cheese and honey-smoked salmon and some of their dips are good.

Their mozzerella cheese sticks are passable if you throw out the sauce and replace with your own marinara

22 minutes ago, Fan in Chicago said:

Last thing I will say else it will hijack this thread. But they don't have anything unique which you can't get in other non-membership stores. And I have a fundamental issue with buying in bulk to save a few cents 

Fair

22 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Trader Joe’s has oddly fantastic frozen stuff.

This is really true.  In fact now that you mention it, I just might add in a TJ's trip for tomorrow

4 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I've picked up some quite good frozen stuff at Costco.  Also some not so decent.  Sometimes there are reviews that help.

Their mozzerella cheese sticks are passable if you throw out the sauce and replace with your own marinara

Fair

This is really true.  In fact now that you mention it, I just might add in a TJ's trip for tomorrow

I don’t have a TJ’s close to me (closers one is about 20 min) which is both good and bad. I spend so much money every time I go, but the employees are so nice I always leave happy. Not that it’s expensive, I just buy everything I see.

5 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Fair

I've never been to Costco or TJ's.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

My Annual “I put way too much time into this every year” Super Bowl weekend menu ?
~Representing Kansas City: Smoked Brisket Burnt Ends, KC BBQ Spare Ribs, KC BBQ chips, KC Ice Water” cocktail (these are sooo good)
~Representing San Francisco: Peet’s Coffee (Berkeley), Cioppino, SF Sourdough, Rice-a-Roni, Anchor Steam beer,  J Lohr Paso Robles Cab (Santa Clara), Giardelli Black & Tan Sundaes
~Representing the host city of Miami: Cubano Minis, Joe’s Stone Crab recipe Key Lime Martini  

My excitement over not having to find new ways to make New England cuisine again has been palpable ???

This for real?  Geeeeez.  How many people are you hosting?

2 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I've never been to Costco or TJ's.

Do they have Costco in NYState?  Thought it's all BJ's Warehouse (not to be confused with Trader Joes aka TJ's)

1 minute ago, NewEra said:

This for real?  Geeeeez.  How many people are you hosting?

One more than he thought he was - what's your home address Yolo?  Give it out on the board....What Could Go Wrong?

Edited by Hapless Bills Fan
  • Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Do they have Costco in NYState?  Thought it's all BJ's Warehouse (not to be confused with Trader Joes aka TJ's)

We have a BJs a Sam's and Trader Joe's.

I went to BJs many years ago.  I get the bulk thing.  Just not into it.

19 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Bowel prep for colonoscopy Monday.

Feb 3 sounded so far away when I accepted that appointment option...

so bad

Terrible timing.  

I am sure you have been told but these prep really is the worst part. The actual procedure is not a big deal.  You have the added bonus of being able to see your own colon after the procedure ?

Good luck and hope it all is clear