Slithering Towards Dictatorship

Kemp

35 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

So it is ok if Trump is working with world leaders right now to steal/influence or otherwise fix the election. 

There would be nothing wrong with that, according to the Senate 

And according to the Democrats, getting information about a political opponent from a foreign country is ok if your paying for it. 

If Dems truly want to ensure a fair vote, we all know the answer: mandatory voter ID. 

No ID? No vote.

This will ensure only Americans vote for the next president.

So how about it, Dems? Put your money where you mouth is. Demand voter ID!

One ID...One VOTE! No more harvesting. No more interference. Just Americans with their ID, voting for their president.

Who's with me?

• Like (+1) 6

2 minutes ago, westside2 said:

And according to the Democrats, getting information about a political opponent from a foreign country is ok if your paying for it. 

Opposition research is different from using the power of government to force other governments to get involved. 

But you are saying, yes, Trump should be busy trying to steal the election. I hope he goes to jail

On 2/2/2020 at 11:17 AM, njbuff said:

Just to make a point here about refusing to accept election results.

Again, who are the ones that REFUSE to take the 2016 results............. Yeah, that's right...............

the fvcking moronic left are the ones refusing it.

I am no fan of Republicans because they are beyond spineless, but you fvcking leftists are totally out of your mother fvcking minds. 

There is no other way to put it. Trump has you folks brain damaged.

The Dems were angry but accepted it. I thought you knew Trump was in the White House, when he's not making the taxpayers pay to have guests at his clubs.

I overestimated once again when I assumed people would know that refusing to turn over ownership of the White House is different than people complaining about not winning.

Must continue to remind myself what I am dealing with, here.

Edited by Kemp
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 2/2/2020 at 11:40 AM, snafu said:

Here is a nice, detailed article that describes this issue.  This border crossing fence/barrier/wall has been an issue since 2007 (and most likely before). https://www.texastribune.org/2017/12/14/border-land-grab-government-abused-power-seize-property-fence/

Your entire thread premise is that THIS President is dragging us toward "dictatorship".  Your example is the border wall.  As to the bold and underlined part of your post, that's what I'd like to ask you...why, when this has been done by two prior administrations, is it different to you that this current administration does it?

Just be honest.  You don't like him.  Few people do.  That doesn't make him a dictator.  It is people with attitudes like yours that inspire actual violence and groups like antifa to show up at Grand Central Station to protest perfectly acceptable government behavior -- or to practically take over cities like Portland, because the "perception" of Trump to be an existential threat to our Democracy. 

Your fear and loathing of this President causes you and people like you to lash out at anyone who challenges your orthodoxy, as evidenced by the responses you've made in this thread.

I cited the border wall in my original post? Untrue.

It's belief that he should be allowed to do anything he wants, despite the laws. That is the seed of dictatorship. 

On 2/2/2020 at 11:44 AM, GG said:

The search function on this board stinks.  Can you please point me to your other posts on this matter, prior to January 2017?

Because I have never posted that here it is not my belief?

I searched and could not find a post from you stating you are anti-rape. Must I conclude that you are pro-rape from this?

On 2/2/2020 at 12:25 PM, 3rdnlng said:

Here, you forgot this. You should make sure to take it with you because you're bound to need it again:

See the source image

DR loves his villagers carrying the flames, sort of how Trump liked them in Charlottesville. At least he pretends to be smart.

On 2/2/2020 at 1:49 PM, Buffalo Timmy said:

I think you are trying to show how Trump has taken rights but eminent domain has existed since the beginning of our country and using to secure our border is an appropriate use of it. I am more of the mindset that taking away my right to go to the doctor of my choosing, or take away my right to choose where my child goes to school.

Offer up your home to the government. Do your part.

On 2/2/2020 at 1:57 PM, Buffalo Timmy said:

You should probably change your name to someone who was not a reasonable politician- maybe become pelosi or Schiff. Trump will not have the backing of anyone of importance to stay, so he will leave. When Trump wins will you accept it or will I have 4 more years of hearing about the popular vote as Dems lie to smear him? 

I will B word and moan but I will have no choice but to accept it

Will you accept him refusing to leave if he loses, or will you also claim it was a fix?

I asked this a while ago. You at least brought up a different scenario, but did not answer. Why are you afraid to answer?

1 hour ago, IDBillzFan said:

If Dems truly want to ensure a fair vote, we all know the answer: mandatory voter ID. 

No ID? No vote.

One ID...One VOTE! No more harvesting. No more interference. Just Americans with their ID, voting for their president.

Who's with me?

Except that so many states now offer driver's licenses and State ID's to anyone citizen or not.  Other than that, I'm with you. 

11 minutes ago, Kemp said:

I cited the border wall in my original post? Untrue.

It's belief that he should be allowed to do anything he wants, despite the laws. That is the seed of dictatorship. 

Because I have never posted that here it is not my belief?

I searched and could not find a post from you stating you are anti-rape. Must I conclude that you are pro-rape from this?

Not only are you lazy, but you're also a class A liar.  I have plenty of anti-rape posts in threads that discuss rape.  Nice try, though.

Did you ever wonder why you picked the one example of Trump using "dictatorial" powers in a case where such power is enshrined in law (Legislative approval) and consistently backed up by the highest court (Judiciary) over centuries?

Why aren't you citing the far more numerous examples of hostile Legislature and Judiciary going to great lengths to block everything he tries?   Would a dictator allow a vote of no confidence to be held, let alone impeachment?  Instead of eminent domain, cite one example of Trump doing anything that wasn't granted to the Executive branch by the Constitution, or allowed by Legislative or Judiciary?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, IDBillzFan said:

No ID? No vote.

Who's with me?

I am with you, but in addition, stop stripping the voting rolls, stop closing polling places, eliminate gerrymandering, make Election Day a national holiday so that anyone can vote when it's not a burden.

3 minutes ago, GG said:

Not only are you lazy, but you're also a class A liar.  I have plenty of anti-rape posts in threads that discuss rape.  Nice try, though.

Did you ever wonder why you picked the one example of Trump using "dictatorial" powers in a case where such power is enshrined in law (Legislative approval) and consistently backed up by the highest court (Judiciary) over centuries?

Why aren't you citing the far more numerous examples of hostile Legislature and Judiciary going to great lengths to block everything he tries?   Would a dictator allow a vote of no confidence to be held, let alone impeachment?  Instead of eminent domain, cite one example of Trump doing anything that wasn't granted to the Executive branch by the Constitution, or allowed by Legislative or Judiciary?

Wow! You must really be angry at all of the bills that came from the House that McConnell refuses to address.

5 minutes ago, GG said:

You're also a bad comedian.

Trump isn't the President?

Even DR knows that he is. He won't even let you be one of his villagers if you keep this up.

Just now, Kemp said:

Wow! You must really be angry at all of the bills that came from the House that McConnell refuses to address.

I didn't know that McConnell was part of the Executive branch?  Don't tell me, you will also blame Garland's block on Trump's dictatorial influence.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Just now, GG said:

I didn't know that McConnell was part of the Executive branch?  Don't tell me, you will also blame Garland's block on Trump's dictatorial influence.

You were pointing out the failures of government,  I brought up a different problem of government. 

Are you pretending to not understand. That would be more complimentary than the other possibility.

2 minutes ago, Kemp said:

You were pointing out the failures of government,  I brought up a different problem of government. 

Are you pretending to not understand. That would be more complimentary than the other possibility.

I'm asking you to present proof that we are slithering towards a dictatorship - which would include examples where the Executive is acting on powers beyond what he is allowed to do by law.  

Go!

• Like (+1) 1

6 pages in. Everyone is afraid of the question on whether you would support Trump refusing to leave if he loses.

If the answer is Yes, you are fine with a dictatorship. Odd that none of you has the balls to answer.

Maybe you're all waiting for the loser in the basement to retweet in big fonts. That will show everybody.

2 minutes ago, GG said:

I'm asking you to present proof that we are slithering towards a dictatorship - which would include examples where the Executive is acting on powers beyond what he is allowed to do by law.  

Go!

1. He withheld funds to Ukraine after Congress approved it. That he released the funds after getting caught is irrelevant.

2. He is using his office for financial gain. Numerous abuses of the Emoluments Clause is just part of the evidence.

3. He refuses to hold open press conferences, a hallmark trait of dictatorships, preferring to have his own government media outlet.

4. He has openly invited foreign adversaries to help him win by illegal means.

5. He refused to testify or give all the written answers for Mueller.

6. He blocked witnesses in the impeachment trial. Innocent men want exculpatory witnesses.

There are lots more, but what's the difference. You want him as your dictator.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, Kemp said:

1. He withheld funds to Ukraine after Congress approved it. That he released the funds after getting caught is irrelevant.

2. He is using his office for financial gain. Numerous abuses of the Emoluments Clause is just part of the evidence.

3. He refuses to hold open press conferences, a hallmark trait of dictatorships, preferring to have his own government media outlet.

4. He has openly invited foreign adversaries to help him win by illegal means.

5. He refused to testify or give all the written answers for Mueller.

6. He blocked witnesses in the impeachment trial. Innocent men want exculpatory witnesses.

There are lots more, but what's the difference. You want him as your dictator.

Just as I said before.  You're a bad comedian.

Where were you when every POTUS did this, as is allowed by law?  Or when the press and favorable Legislative allowed the prior Executive to exceed the enumerated powers?  Who singlehandedly overturned bankruptcy law?  Which candidate still refuses to concede?  

But yeah, Trump is the one who is the dictator.   Or it could be that you don't know the meaning of that word.

• Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, Kemp said:

I am with you, but in addition, stop stripping the voting rolls, stop closing polling places, eliminate gerrymandering, make Election Day a national holiday so that anyone can vote when it's not a burden.

You can't just stop stripping the voting rolls. Why do you think CA is blue in every nook and cranny? Because of harvesting, which happens when you DON'T strip the rolls. They collect every unused ballot and put it to work in their favor.

If a state (like Ohio, as an example) finds you haven't voted in that state in the past two years, and you're not responding to mail, then you should be purged from the voting rolls. Want to get back in to vote? Register again, with ID, to get your voter ID. Just that easy.

12 minutes ago, Kemp said:

6 pages in. Everyone is afraid of the question on whether you would support Trump refusing to leave if he loses.

You guys are tripping out. Trump would never refuse to leave office, and no one on this board would accept it if he did. Not a one. It's a moronic hypothetical meant to scare your base to get them to vote for whatever angry white person the Dems put up next.

• Like (+1) 6

If witnesses were important to the democrats, then they should have let the other side call witnesses too, but they did not want that.   How on any planet is that a fair trial?    Isn't putting through a trial to change the leader of a country without letting the other side defend a bit closer to the traits of a dictatorship that a president who can be loud and obnoxious?

During this whole time they tried to make this as one sided as possible and give the other side as little chance to defend themselves as possible.  When it got to the senate and a defense was finally allowed to present their case, it was not seen as strong enough to continue.  

Trump is by no means perfect, but if that was impeachable, then every single president in the last 50 years could have been impeached for something. 

Edited by dgrochester55
  • Like (+1) 3