Super Bowl Bets

Roughly 26 million people are expected to bet the Super Bowl. They are expected to bet $6.8B.

With being said what are you guys betting? I’m thinking:

- SF first half

- KC 2nd half

- SF over rushing total

- KC over passing total

- National Anthem under 2:04

- A handful of secondary skill players (ie Watkins, Coleman, Samuel, Damian Williams, etc) for MVP

54 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Roughly 26 million people are expected to bet the Super Bowl. They are expected to bet $6.8B.

With being said what are you guys betting? I’m thinking:

- SF first half

- KC 2nd half

- SF over rushing total

- KC over passing total

- National Anthem under 2:04

- A handful of secondary skill players (ie Watkins, Coleman, Samuel, Damian Williams, etc) for MVP

Serious question: what's the arbiter of the length of the National Anthem? I've run a prop bet pool the past few years and always wanted to add that, but I've limited the pool to things I could look up in your typical boxscore.

22 minutes ago, Vod Kanockers said:

Sammy Watkins getting injured stepping off the bus is coming in at 1:5

60:1 to be the MVP...he has games where he goes off. He’s PHENOMENAL value at that

4 minutes ago, SinceThe70s said:

Serious question: what's the arbiter of the length of the National Anthem? I've run a prop bet pool the past few years and always wanted to add that, but I've limited the pool to things I could look up in your typical boxscore.

That’s the line I heard. It’s probably either Westgate or someone like that. You can probably just google it and see who set the line. The lines are pretty universal from the major players.

5 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Also threw $100 on Tevin Coleman for mvp at +6500

I like that bet

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

60:1 to be the MVP...he has games where he goes off. He’s PHENOMENAL value at that

Maybe, just perhaps playing decoy all year will finally pay off. ? Seriously though, those are pretty solid odds! 

Edited by Vod Kanockers

35 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

I'm thinking $5k on San Fran

Are you telling the wife? 

I bought my $20 square, which will allow for my retirement. My wife however, will continue to do her thing out of necessity. 

• Haha (+1) 4

1 minute ago, Augie said:

Are you telling the wife? 

I bought my $20 square, which will allow for my retirement. My wife however, will continue to do her thing out of necessity. 

She'll find out when I go on vacation in a couple of weeks. ?

• Haha (+1) 3

15 minutes ago, Vod Kanockers said:

Maybe, just perhaps playing decoy all year will finally pay off. ? Seriously though, those are pretty solid odds! 

Yeah, I like those secondary type guys at those numbers. I’ll make smaller bets on it but for $10 or whatever I’ll bet a few skill guys at 50:1 and greater. You hope that you catch the guy that has 100+ yards and scores twice. Watkins, Coleman, Samuel, and Hardman are the types I’m going to look at. I don’t know all of the odds on them but it’s worth a few bucks. 

Edited by Kirby Jackson
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

I got SF moneyline and the over. I am thinking Kittle or Samuel for MVP but have not made a play. I dont want to play prop bets that are just blind luck.

I am not much of a gambler, an occasional lottery ticket and 10 to 20 bucks on Draftkings every weekend during NFL season. This year I took 1st place in 2 showdown (single game) tournaments so I am way up for the year and have house money to play with. 

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, ILBillsfan said:

got 2 units on mahomes over 30 yards rushing for the game

5 units KC-1

and 1 unit on the over 54

Mahomes over 30 rushing against that 9ers pass rush sounds like a pretty good bet. I have to look at the prop bets tomorrow. 

• Like (+1) 1

Not a Super Bowl bet but I'm still kicking myself for not listening to this guy who suggested taking Lamar Jackson at 80 to 1 odds to win NFL MVP in August of last year.  He has the 49ers at +1 1/2 btw.

5 Long Shot Value Bets For The NFL MVP Award

1. Lamar Jackson

Jackson definitely qualifies as a long shot. If you act now, you can wager on him to take home the MVP Award at 80:1. That’s a solid long shot given just how easy it is to envision a scenario where he brings home the hardware.

The Ravens offense is trying to prove that not everyone in the NFL has to throw the ball frequently to be successful. They’re going to run the ball more than anyone else in the league. Jackson is going to get a ton of those carries from the quarterback position.

That reliance on the run game is going to make Baltimore dangerous via play action. That’s where Jackson will need to get a little bit of good luck to pad his stats.

Imagine a world in which the Ravens go 12-4, win the division and Jackson rushes for 1,000 yards and throws for another 3,000. That would at least get him in the MVP conversation. It’s not likely a likely outcome, but it’s a long way from impossible.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, SinceThe70s said:

I've seen 2 minutes as the +/-