Mahomes buys entire restaurant dinner as thanks

3 minutes ago, SinceThe70s said:

My last franchise pizza experience was a few years ago when my youngest repeatedly saw a commercial for someone's 'crazy bread'. He was obsessed and it was harmless to surprise him. Which I did one sunday. It was around a 40 minute drive out and back. The crazy bread sucked, but my son would disagree and his appreciation was priceless and well worth it.

It’s no longer about pizza at that point. It’s about family and forever moments. That is indeed priceless. That is the kind of “Rosebud moment” (Citizen Kane reference)  that stays in your heart.  Well done! 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Augie said:

In most nice places where you might eat pizza, the bill comes at the end. Not ALL, but most. What if you want another glass of wine, or somebody wants a dessert or coffee. Do you get a new bill every time someone orders another beer? Even dive bars want you to pay at the end, usually. There are exceptions, but.....

I honestly can’t remember the last time a got a “chain pizza”. Papa John’s and such....I’d rather go hungry most of the time. 

After the Houston game we were all too depressed / emotionally drained to go out. We just sat in one of the hotel rooms, drank the rest of the beer & whiskey and ordered dominos. It was beautifully pathetic. 

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, billsfanmiami(oh) said:

After the Houston game we were all too depressed / emotionally drained to go out. We just sat in one of the hotel rooms, drank the rest of the beer & whiskey and ordered dominos. It was beautifully pathetic. 

When our boys were young we spent countless weekends for years on the road for AAU hoops or soccer. Amazing times at the courts/fields, but the best times were at the hotel pool with the kids, the parents and a stack of pizza boxes. 

Dominoes was a precious treat on those nights! 

I miss those days, but I can still cherish them. 

6 hours ago, Happy Gilmore said:

Mahomes seems like a good dude.  Wonder if he'll pay after the Chiefs lose the SB.

Umm, McDermott (who was calling the shots that draft) passed on Mahomes.  We got Tre White, instead; not that I'm complaining at all.

Correct. Whaley and his scouts did the big board, etc and Coach McD did the picks.

Then he thanked all of the scouts by firing them all.  He hired 3 back but he still fired them.

26 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

Correct. Whaley and his scouts did the big board, etc and Coach McD did the picks.

Then he thanked all of the scouts by firing them all.  He hired 3 back but he still fired them.

WOW! So you were in the draft room? You must have some incredible connections!

Oh, or are you just guessing like the rest of us? 

Say it with confidence! People usually accept that. 

48 minutes ago, Augie said:

Coach McD thanked Whaley and his scouts for effort - Coach McD did not have time to scout them them all, how do you think board was set up?  Not saying he always choose who was top rated on board.

10 hours ago, Nester said:

Paying after Is pretty normal in my experience. How do they know how many beers I want? 

Odds are it was Pizza Hut

https://www.kwch.com/content/news/Patrick-Mahomes-says-Pizza-Hut-has-the-best-pizza-in-Kansas-City--506498691.html

9 hours ago, SinceThe70s said:

Pizza Hut, etc?  Lol, ignorant/arrogant assumption. My guess is that your definition of a pizza joint and mine differ. 

look up, bruv...

10 hours ago, Augie said:

This seems accurate.  No way did McDermott have any intention of keeping any structure of the previous regime in place.