Poloncarz: Bills tell Erie County they will NOT terminate stadium lease

9 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

Is this a big deal?  Current lease runs until 2023?  If they are going to build a new stadium, it would not be ready before then, even if construction started by summer time this year(which won't be happening).

Not a big deal but the Pegulas could've played hard ball with Erie County for help paying for a new stadium. 

5 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Not a big deal but the Pegulas could've played hard ball with Erie County for help paying for a new stadium. 

Make no mistake about it, regardless of this press release, Erie County will be kicking in, if a new stadium is built.  Poloncarz can do all the gesturing he wants, but in the end he will bow to King Pegula.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, LabattBlue said:

Make no mistake about it, regardless of this press release, Erie County will be kicking in, if a new stadium is built.  Poloncarz can do all the gesturing he wants, but in the end he will bow to King Pegula.

Everyone will pay their part but it seems like there won't be any drama. I'm guessing we get a  big reveal on stadium plans around training camp time or season tickets time.

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

More details

Two things from the lease summary

-  Game Day Expenses - $1,818,000 in 2013, increasing annually :o

- The Toronto series clause gave me chills

8 minutes ago, stevewin said:

Two things from the lease summary

-  Game Day Expenses - $1,818,000 in 2013, increasing annually :o

- The Toronto series clause gave me chills

Little known fact: Almost half of that is for remediation expenses in a certain upper bowl rest room. @Seasons1992 and @plenzmd1 and several others know what I’m talking about! ?

Yeah, something probably comes out before next season. These things don’t happen overnight. In fact, even if word came out today, it seems like a tight timeline before the lease expires.  

• Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, LabattBlue said:

Is this a big deal?  Current lease runs until 2023?  If they are going to build a new stadium, it would not be ready before then, even if construction started by summer time this year(which won't be happening).

No, it's not.  But something for Poloncarz to beat his chest about.

PSE has their new stadium plans in hand, and ready to go at need. The county/ state as well likely has financial numbers worked out for the most part, it’s not like all parties concerned don’t know this is coming down the pike. The current  stadium cost 22 million to build in 1973 dollars, and 127 million in 2019 dollars according to Wikipedia, fwiw. There was/is an outer harbor plan for New Era II stadium costing 1.4 billion to include the stadium, hotel, convention center and sports museum etc, also according to Wikipedia fwiw, likely a bunch of you guys knew this stuff already...

• Thank you (+1) 1

Eh, the year 7 opt-out was in there as a worst-case scenario anyways. Never expected the Pegulas to even entertain exercising that, unless they were magically able to snap a new stadium into existence.

I’m more interested in this viability study they’ve been sitting on. 

IF the Bills have any intention of building a new stadium downtown or otherwise, I assume there is no need to put in another dime in renovation costs on New Era Field.  That would make me assume that if additional renovations occur on NEF, the Bills are staying put.  Right?

• Like (+1) 1