One Bills Live...Maddy Glab

LabattBlue

8 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

This is the best the Pegula’s could do.  I feel like I’m listening to a 8 year old girl hosting the show. 

lol

Yeah unfortunately I have to turn it off when she is on.    The combination of the faint voice AND heavy nasal makes it work to listen.    When she's on with Tasker who is constantly breathing into the mic and shifting the spit in his mouth it's just really bad.    A lot of people hate Schopp for his takes but the guy is really good as a broadcaster.  

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 2

Jmo, We here are essentially old guys, (thirty and over)( and decidedly uncool) ?,  so she comes across as very young, but that’s the nature of a position like that, it’s a first or second step on a career ladder. I think she’s doing fine as to what is expected of her. It after all is a Bills propaganda show. 

Go Bills!!!

• Like (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

Yea, she's really bad right now. Only way to get better at anything is with practice. A few months from now and she is still this bad, then she should be replaced, but this is the perfect time for someone in her position to get some reps.

Edited by uticaclub
  • Like (+1) 5

13 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Yeah unfortunately I have to turn it off when she is on.    The combination of the faint voice AND heavy nasal makes it work to listen.    When she's on with Tasker who is constantly breathing into the mic and shifting the spit in his mouth it's just really bad.    A lot of people hate Schopp for his takes but the guy is really good as a broadcaster.  

On my gosh, what you are describing could be used to torture suspects into a confession!! Haha

Edited by atlbillsfan1975

I don't want to come off as sexist, but some people are better off seen and not heard.  I have not listened to Glab (you all have done it for me), but I have seen picture of her.  She's a very attractive young woman.  Apparently, her speaking/reporting skills are not equal to her looks.  Hopefully, as others mention above, she will hone her skills and improve her broadcasting abilities.

14 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

A lot of people hate Schopp for his takes but the guy is really good as a broadcaster.  

Years ago Schopp did weekend fill ins on ESPN radio, he did a good job I thought.

He's grown old, like so many at WGR, that it just gets redundant listening to them.

• Like (+1) 1

The first time i heard her I'm thinking why are they allowing her to speak on air?  She's ok for taped video segments on the Bills website. I have no problem w that,,, But hey, I'm just a long time veteran Bills fan who doesn't really like the football product delivered to me on air by what sounds like a 19 year old.

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, zow2 said:

The first time i heard her I'm thinking why are they allowing her to speak on air?  She's ok for taped video segments on the Bills website. I have no problem w that,,, But hey, I'm just a long time veteran Bills fan who doesn't really like the football product delivered to me on air by what sounds like a 19 year old.

I don't mind the things she has to say, I don't mind her opinions either.  But as others have said, her voice is just hard to listen to.  Its not her fault, and she seems to be someone who has the ability to be a good broadcaster.....but the few times she was on, I turned the station after a few minutes. Once again, its just the sound of her voice that doesn't come over the radio well and is very hard to listen to.

• Like (+1) 1

She does a pretty good job as a guest for Murphy and Tasker (when both are on and she does a segment) I think...

The problem is when Tasker is left to run the show when Murph is off. As much as I love the guy as a player, listening to him talk over her and struggle to get a coherent sentence together is just brutal.

Edited by TheFunPolice