PSLs in Atlanta

19 hours ago, BarleyNY said:

Don’t feel bad for the Falcons.  The article talked about the team reselling PSLs that we’re defaulted on or given up by non-renewal of season tickets, but I want to drive the reality of that home.  The selling point of a PSL is that the people who attend the games pay more toward the stadium.  That’s fine.  It makes sense.  But only a single sale of each PSL is on the ledger to offset the cost of building the stadium.  So it actually pays to have a team that fluctuates between winning and losing over time.

That’s because the PSLs sell out when the team does well.  Then when it does poorly people can’t sell their PSLs and they have to chose between forfeiting them or continuing to buy season tickets that they otherwise would not buy.  Either way the team comes out ahead.  They’re selling more tickets than they should in down years and they get to resell the forfeited PSLs.  They also get to sell the tickets attached to forfeited PSLs while they wait on new buyers.  It’s a horrible racket.  I got taken once.  Never again. 

Plus if you are $nyder you try to resell the tickets and sue the original buyers trying to get that money as well.

I bought a timeshare in Hawaii and we were told that all land in Hawaii is leased and on future date we would have option of keeping it paying share of new land lease cost or forfeiting it.   Three years before lease renewal date they wanted our share of renewal lease money and we told them "No, per agreement we are not planning on renewing" and they refused to let us use our timeshare so we stopped paying biannual assessment.  We got letter that if we did not pay they would take us to court and place something on credit report.  My response "No play, no pay. Place it on credit report so I can dispute it.  You will need to try to collect money in Virginia small claims court and Virginia courts in past have rejected out-of-state attempts to force timeshare "owners' to continue paying when they gave up deed."

PATRIOTS-HEAD-TAT-VIA-CBSSPORTS.jpg

The only fans crazy enough to pay for PSLs instead of looking after their families are guys like this guy. And he doesn't exactly exude robust mental health.

That's why PSLs will only work in markets with a large corporate base. Its' very telling that PSLs are having problems in Atlanta because some of the world's biggest companies are there.

No idea about the PSLs but I bet there are plenty of DSLs down there...

11 hours ago, Limeaid said:

Plus if you are $nyder you try to resell the tickets and sue the original buyers trying to get that money as well.

I bought a timeshare in Hawaii and we were told that all land in Hawaii is leased and on future date we would have option of keeping it paying share of new land lease cost or forfeiting it.   Three years before lease renewal date they wanted our share of renewal lease money and we told them "No, per agreement we are not planning on renewing" and they refused to let us use our timeshare so we stopped paying biannual assessment.  We got letter that if we did not pay they would take us to court and place something on credit report.  My response "No play, no pay. Place it on credit report so I can dispute it.  You will need to try to collect money in Virginia small claims court and Virginia courts in past have rejected out-of-state attempts to force timeshare "owners' to continue paying when they gave up deed."

So what did they ultimately do?

On 1/31/2020 at 4:16 PM, Augie said:

Lost hockey....twice I believe. Pro sports in general do not fare well here, but on a college football Saturday my old tennis team had a hard time getting enough guys to fill out all the spots. I haven’t played with them for years, but I still get the emails because on Saturday’s in the Fall  everyone treats it like Sundays in WNY. 

But yes, one pro sport does VERY well, and that is soccer. If you offered me free tickets to go to the sport of my choice, that would definitely be the one. I never much cared for soccer until I learned to appreciate it through my son’s travel team and high school. Even if that had never happened, these games are a BLAST and they do a great job with the game day experience. You literally never sit down during play, and the joint is rockin’!!!

Dont put that on the fans. That was 100% ALL management.

The Thrashers had plenty of season ticket holders, dedicated fans, and better attendance then the Winnipeg Jets (where the Thrashers moved) currently has.

That was an ownership team who was only about Basketball and didn't know what to do with the hockey team they inherited.