Better Call Saul: Season 5 Trailer - 23 Feb

/dev/null

Just watched the finale. It was an excellent end to an excellent season. Rhea Seehorn deserves an Emmy. Kim Wexler is such a well written and well acted character. I never expected “slippin” Kimmy to break bad before Jimmy. And the callback to the season 4 finale (double finger guns) was great. 

Kim’s gonna end up in jail as a result of her scheme, I believe. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Logic said:

Just watched the finale. It was an excellent end to an excellent season. Rhea Seehorn deserves an Emmy. Kim Wexler is such a well written and well acted character. I never expected “slippin” Kimmy to break bad before Jimmy. And the callback to the season 4 finale (double finger guns) was great. 

They had a nice little call back to the start of season 2 in the last couple episodes too.  The very first time Jimmy and Kim ran a scheme together, they tricked a stock broker into paying for an entire bottle full of $50 tequila shots.  They kept the cork from that bottle, it was a weird looking thing with a tassel on it.  That was the last thing Kim went back to her office to grab after she quit.

It totally flew over my head until I started season 2 last night.

Edited by shrader
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Logic said:

You might enjoy these insights into Kim’s character and Rhea Seahorn’s performance. 

Spoiler alert for anyone who hasn’t seen season 5.

18 minutes ago, shrader said:

They had a nice little call back to the start of season 2 in the last couple episodes too.  The very first time Jimmy and Kim ran a scheme together, they tricked a stock broker into paying for an entire bottle full of $50 tequila shots.  They kept the cork from that bottle, it was a weird looking thing with a tassel on it.  That was the last thing Kim went back to her office to grab after she quit.

image.thumb.jpeg.7c755cc8ffd779b0ed45e4de82c2be2b.jpeg
Holy crap! I just realized that the Zafiro Anejo is the same kind of tequila that Fring poisoned don Eladio with in BB. 

Edited by K-9
  • Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, K-9 said:

You might enjoy these insights into Kim’s character and Rhea Seahorn’s performance. 

Spoiler alert for anyone who hasn’t seen season 5.

image.thumb.jpeg.7c755cc8ffd779b0ed45e4de82c2be2b.jpeg
Holy crap! I just realized that the Zafiro Anejo is the same kind of tequila that Fring poisoned don Eladio with in BB. 

Thanks. Yeah. I'm aware of The Ringer's intense love of Rhea Seehorn, and I echo them. She's fantastic, and vastly under-appreciated. Actually, the show itself is vastly under-appreciated. It's masterful stuff.

That connection about the Tequila brand is wild. Another little callback was Dan Eladio saying "Selud" while sitting in the exact spot in which Fring kills him in the Breaking Bad episode titled..."Selud". 

The writers drop in so many easter eggs and callbacks, it's astounding. Really impressive.

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, shrader said:

Thank you!  I could not figure out what that was.

That show (and BB) don't do anything by accident.  I heard an interview w/ Odenkirk where he speculated that fans might be thinking a lot less about his character breaking bad, and much more about who the heck Kim Wexler is.

I think Saul started slow. I thought the 1st few seasons were great, but a much more methodical and with less fulfilling set of arcs than BB.  Now, it is easily just as good, and may even surpass.  Kim & Lalo are 2 of the most compelling characters I've seen in that universe.

And it's great to see that "star is born" thing w/ both Rhea S. and Tony D.  Both have been working for a long time, and now they will likely be in high demand (if people get back to filming stuff again at some point, that is....)

• Like (+1) 1

• 2 weeks later...

One thing I had forgotten about until I started rewatching from the start. Kim is from Kansas City and would have random Royal items scattered around. She’s definitely strolling into that Cinabun in the last season.

15 minutes ago, shrader said:

One thing I had forgotten about until I started rewatching from the start. Kim is from Kansas City and would have random Royal items scattered around. She’s definitely strolling into that Cinabun in the last season.

I thought about it before that maybe it's why he went there as Gene, to be with her or to find her