Better Call Saul: Season 5 Trailer - 23 Feb

/dev/null

2 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

I really enjoyed the change of pace in that last episode.  

The episode reminded me what a completely unlikable character Saul is.

Kim is so much better than him, and that woman (as portrayed in the show) wouldn't be with a guy like Saul in real life IMO.

We all know Kim has to get out of the picture at some point, as she didn't exist in Breaking Bad...

But man, I hope they don't kill her off.

Hers is a very interesting character, but she's nearly as scummy as Saul is.  She has no problem with slipping back into the "Gisele" character, she even encourages/ hatches some of their plots.

Every single person on this show is deeply flawed, but that's a big part of what makes them interesting.

Mike is pretty much a good person now (though he seems to have no compunction about killing bad guys, like stated above they're all flawed) but a lot of that seems to be trying to make up for having made choices in his younger days which allowed him to become a crooked cop and eventually get his son into a situation that got him killed.  Had he been stronger in his younger days, his kid wouldn't be dead.  That drives him to do everything he can for his daughter-in--law and especially his grand daughter.

And yeah, that episode was good and kind of had some elements of The Fly from BB to it.

6 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

The episode reminded me what a completely unlikable character Saul is.

Kim is so much better than him, and that woman (as portrayed in the show) wouldn't be with a guy like Saul in real life IMO.

You seem to have forgotten that real life is stranger than fiction.

56 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

That last episode was also directed by Gilligan, he came back and this was his one episode he directed for this season. He is working on season 6 right now

That explains a lot of the aesthetics of the episode. Definitely had a Gilligan vibe all the way through. 

• Like (+1) 1

20 hours ago, K-9 said:

That explains a lot of the aesthetics of the episode. Definitely had a Gilligan vibe all the way through. 

He said that he told them he had time after finishing up the movie and they told him they had a perfect episode for him being 'Bagman'. He said he wanted to rent the lens from Lawrence of Arabia to film alot of the desert scenes and that he drew inspiration from that movie for filming the episode

• Thank you (+1) 1

Another fantastic episode. The season finale is setting up to be awesome. I gave up trying to predict Gilligan and Co. a long time ago, I just know I’m gonna enjoy whatever he delivers. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, K-9 said:

Another fantastic episode. The season finale is setting up to be awesome. I gave up trying to predict Gilligan and Co. a long time ago, I just know I’m gonna enjoy whatever he delivers. 

I was wondering why no one had commented yet.  That whole final scene had me on the edge of my chair.  Kim deserves an emmy for that scene alone.  She's so damn good in the show lately, which is why I've recently found myself hoping she's still alive in the Breaking Bad universe.

edit: And on another note, my wife never bothered to start this show even though she loved Breaking Bad.  So we started the series from the beginning last night.  I've forgotten most of it at this point, so it was interesting to see how far they've all come since that first episode (and *****, I want more Tuco!).

Edited by shrader
  • Like (+1) 2

8 hours ago, K-9 said:

just finished it. that was so intense

• Like (+1) 2

5 hours ago, shrader said:

I was wondering why no one had commented yet.  That whole final scene had me on the edge of my chair.  Kim deserves an emmy for that scene alone.  She's so damn good in the show lately, which is why I've recently found myself hoping she's still alive in the Breaking Bad universe.

I think Kim and Lalo's story lines are going to be connected from this point.  She's "in the game".

Lalo seems impressed by Kim and her suggestions of money laundering and shell accounts may have set the wheels in motion.  I think he's going to try to recruit her and possibly try to seduce her

5 minutes ago, /dev/null said:

I think Kim and Lalo's story lines are going to be connected from this point.  She's "in the game".

Lalo seems impressed by Kim and her suggestions of money laundering and shell accounts may have set the wheels in motion.  I think he's going to try to recruit her and possibly try to seduce her

So, you're saying she's....headed down a different road?

15 hours ago, /dev/null said:

Maybe Saul knew about the vaccuum repairman because Kim was the first person he sent to him.  Of course, it would be very tough to ever show that since Robert Forster is dead.

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, shrader said:

Maybe Saul knew about the vaccuum repairman because Kim was the first person he sent to him.  Of course, it would be very tough to ever show that since Robert Forster is dead.

I could see them working in unused footage of phone calls with Forster. It's possible.

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, shrader said:

I like this scenario. 

In a universe (starting w/ BB) where almost every character has been either morally compromised or genuinely bad, Lalo may be the baddest & most menacing.  Tony Dalton is fantastic.

And Rhea S. should definitely get an Emmy.

• Like (+1) 2

The wife and I just finished the first season last night.  I had forgotten so many things, but it's very interesting to see certain things knowing where the show has gone since then.  The main thing that really sticks out to me is that I had completely forgotten just how much Jimmy loved and admired Chuck.

And then there's flash forwards, flashbacks, and flashbacks within flashbacks.  How much they're able to show and tie together within this show, it's truly amazing.

On 4/17/2020 at 8:20 PM, K-9 said:

I like this scenario. 

The flash forward scenes to Omaha have to be building towards a big payoff.  I hope it's something other than getting caught.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, shrader said:

The flash forward scenes to Omaha have to be building towards a big payoff.  I hope it's something other than getting caught.

I imagine it will be satisfying, whether it's good or bad. Gilligan has shown that he likes solid resolutions. Has anything in BB/BCS/EC ever really been left open to the viewers' imagination?

3 hours ago, LeGOATski said:

I imagine it will be satisfying, whether it's good or bad. Gilligan has shown that he likes solid resolutions. Has anything in BB/BCS/EC ever really been left open to the viewers' imagination?

EC?