New York (again)

1 minute ago, BillStime said:

Okay - if you insist. 

There was election fraud; and once again - it involved Republicans.

Nice try. You didn’t dump on your home state. You dumped on Republicans. You just can’t help yourself can you?  In a state with as many issues as NY you pick THIS to “dump on” your home state?  😂

13 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Nice try. You didn’t dump on your home state. You dumped on Republicans. You just can’t help yourself can you?  In a state with as many issues as NY you pick THIS to “dump on” your home state?  😂

You asked for it lol 

My wife has been unemployed since last August.  She's had taxes taken out of every one of her unemployment checks. The feds gave forgiveness up to $10,200. When we filed our taxes a few weeks ago,  tax lady told us NY wasn't sure what they were going to do. Well, we got the call today. No forgiveness from the state. So even though she was careful and had taxes taken out weekly, she went from getting back $100 from state, to owing $450. $550 swing. Thanks NY and psycho Cuomo. Go **** yourself

• Angry 1

3 minutes ago, dhg said:

My wife has been unemployed since last August.  She's had taxes taken out of every one of her unemployment checks. The feds gave forgiveness up to $10,200. When we filed our taxes a few weeks ago,  tax lady told us NY wasn't sure what they were going to do. Well, we got the call today. No forgiveness from the state. So even though she was careful and had taxes taken out weekly, she went from getting back $100 from state, to owing $450. $550 swing. Thanks NY and psycho Cuomo. Go **** yourself

That stinks, meanwhile completely unimpacted fully employed people got large checks,  as did several unions, etc. 

36 minutes ago, dhg said:

exactly why (at least, one reason) I’m adamant that the new Bills Stadium should not be funded with one dollar of taxpayer money.

• Like (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

exactly why (at least, one reason) I’m adamant that the new Bills Stadium should not be funded with one dollar of taxpayer money.

No sports stadium for any sport in any city should be funded by tax payer dollars.  ***** sports.  

1 hour ago, dhg said:

All is not lost. File your return and keep an eye on the news.  You may be able to file an amended return and get money back if they change this.  

https://www.ny1.com/nyc/all-boroughs/ny-state-of-politics/2021/04/01/unemployment-benefits-are-taxable--lawmakers-seek-change#:~:text=New York's joblessness spiked a,in line with federal policy.

Never ever trust a tax preparer over a financial planner.  😁

Edited by Chef Jim
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 4/2/2021 at 4:59 PM, dhg said:

That stinks, state income taxes is one of the reasons I moved out of NY, my last full year there I paid the state money out of my huge $24k per year job. I moved to FL almost immediately, had a job paying a lot more a year, and have paid the state $0 on all my income since.

Quality of life plummets, taxes rocket — and New York City faces doom: Goodwin

“No man’s life, liberty or property are safe while the Legislature is in session.”

That’s how Gideon Tucker — a New Yorker who knew Albany as a former legislator, secretary of state and judge — put it back in 1866.

His wisdom, as demonstrated repeatedly over the ages, is timeless.

Yet there is something different, and especially troubling, about this time. The possibility of permanent decline and the ultimate destruction of the New York we know is unmatched in modern memory.

Washington is sending trainloads of money to blue states to bail out their high-tax, high-spend habits. As longtime government guru Dick Ravitch writes in a Wall Street Journal op-ed, “Congress has been generous, allocating more than $12 billion to New York state, $6 billion to the city, $6 billion to the Metropolitan Transportation Authority, and $9 billion to the state’s schools.”

The state’s take raises the total budget about to be adopted to $212 billion, some $18 billion higher than the fiscal year that just ended. Florida, which has 2 million more people, will make do with spending $97 billion this year.

Ah, but in Albany, it’s never enough. Not as long as the Legislature is in session.

Despite the bailout, and the December pandemic stimulus, and the ones before that, Gov. Andrew Cuomo and lawmakers are launching $4 billion of new tax hikes. Apparently being the highest-taxed state by most measurements doesn’t satisfy them. They want to be No. 1 across the board.

Tax hikes will kill more businesses and cause others to look for more hospitable turf. Wags already have dubbed Cuomo and Mayor Bill de Blasio the “employees of the month — in Florida.”

Against that backdrop, there is zero surprise in the bulletin of bad news released by Comptroller Tom DiNapoli. He reported Tuesday that of the nearly 2 million jobs the state lost during the pandemic, less than half have been recovered, meaning a million fewer people are working than a year ago.

https://nypost.com/2021/04/06/quality-of-life-plummets-taxes-rocket-and-new-york-city-faces-doom-goodwin?utm_source=gmail&utm_campaign=android_nyp

On 4/2/2021 at 4:59 PM, dhg said:

Sorry to hear that outcome, but it doesn’t surprise me at all.   

Most industries gave back, modified payment terms, eliminated late fees, provided refunds, and in this case of landlords, were told to suck it up, stfu, and die on the vine if necessary because while all people were hurting, they weren’t the right type of person. The state mandate was pay up, shut up, and don’t be f*ng late.  That state and local governments offered significantly reduced hours and in-person service to do so was sort of an addition jab in the eye to residents. 

The beast must be fed. 

• Like (+1) 2

On 4/12/2021 at 12:42 PM, B-Man said:

as above.

Wealthy New Yorkers Eye Exits as State Plans Significant Tax Increases

Cuomo.jpg

https://legalinsurrection.com/2021/04/wealthy-new-yorkers-eye-exits-as-state-plans-significant-tax-increases/

As much as I hate to try and stem the flow of rich people coming to Orlando but we can't build fast enough and my friends who rent can't keep up with increasing cost.

• 4 weeks later...