New York (again)

I am curious if anyone can give me any reason why I should move back to NY from Orlando. Even without family being an issue I currently have more freedom, better weather, better gun laws, better education system for my children, better taxes (both income and property), more diversity and better roads. I at this point can not imagine anyone who does not make decisions based primarily on political decisions moving that way. I am completely serious I can not come up with one, and to any that want to argue education FL past NY 20 years ago and the gap has widened.

New York, for the last decade has repeatedly elected an egotistical, pompous, self promoting, unfit, unqualified, silver spoon fed person to lead it.

It is now haunting the state in this time of crisis.....likely forever.

27 minutes ago, I am the egg man said:

New York, for the last decade has repeatedly elected an egotistical, pompous, self promoting, unfit, unqualified, silver spoon fed person to lead it.

Thank god the country only had to deal with the former for four years - his stain is haunting the GQP... forever.

8 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Thank god the country only had to deal with the former for four years - his stain is haunting the GQP... forever.

I truly ask you BT, why is NY better than Florida? I thought you could come up with some reason, no matter how stupid or communist.

53 minutes ago, BillStime said:

This thread/topic pertains particularly to New York state issues and criticism.

Plenty of other threads to thank God for the country's sake and stains you have problems with.

7 hours ago, I am the egg man said:

This thread/topic pertains particularly to New York state issues and criticism.

Plenty of other threads to thank God for the country's sake and stains you have problems with.

There is another Bills message board that you might feel a lot safer at precious. 

7 hours ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

I truly ask you BT, why is NY better than Florida? I thought you could come up with some reason, no matter how stupid or communist.

It’s a free world (at the moment) - live where ever makes you happy.

NYS is far from perfect but that’s where I grew up and my family still lives there.

Its not my job to convince you which state is better and I’m also not going to dump on my home state. 

I happen to live in Massachusetts’s where the cost of living is extremely high. You basically have to put down the “cost of a house in WNY” as a down payment just to be taken seriously as a home buyer here in the Boston metro.

Florida has great weather - nice place to visit - wouldn’t want to live there. 

1 hour ago, BillStime said:

There is another Bills message board that you might feel a lot safer at precious. 

Feel safe here and now even more so, knowing you care.

If you can stay on subject, it would be peachy, snookums.

• Eyeroll 1

9 hours ago, BillStime said:

Thank god the country only had to deal with the former for four years - his stain is haunting my pea brain... forever.

fify

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Unforgiven said:

Thank god the country only had to deal with the former for four years - his stain is haunting my pea brain... forever.

fify

Please go start another pathetic thread. A thread you would never dare start at your safe place.

10 hours ago, I am the egg man said:

whoever is elected in 2022 will have a LOT of work to do in order to correct the damage that Cuomo and the liberal Democrats have done.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

9 hours ago, BillStime said:

You seem confused. 

<Chef Jim realizes who he’s talking to>

Oh.....never mind. 

• Haha (+1) 2

On 3/24/2021 at 9:33 PM, RiotAct said:

In Washington DC government employees who were working from home were first in line to get the vaccine. My family member who works from home for the state dept and is 39 years old got the vaccine in January while his father, who is 70 with cancer, had to wait till March to get it in NYS. Govt will always look out for their own.

• Agree 1

8 hours ago, Just Jack said:

Maybe I'm missing something, but the judge absolutely could have set bail and chose not to. Seems more like an issue with the judge rather than any bail reform laws (unless prior to the new laws the judge would have been required... admittedly I'm not too familiar with what changed).

On 3/20/2021 at 6:00 AM, BillStime said:

It’s a free world (at the moment) - live where ever makes you happy.

NYS is far from perfect but that’s where I grew up and my family still lives there.

Its not my job to convince you which state is better and I’m also not going to dump on my home state. 

I happen to live in Massachusetts’s where the cost of living is extremely high. You basically have to put down the “cost of a house in WNY” as a down payment just to be taken seriously as a home buyer here in the Boston metro.

Florida has great weather - nice place to visit - wouldn’t want to live there. 

Why would you not dump on your home state?