New York (again)

2 hours ago, 3rdnlng said:

My first digital camera was a Sony Mavica that used floppy disks. Cost me $853. Bought it sometime in the mid to late 90's.

Had the same one. Seemed like a great idea because Floppy Discs were so small and storage friendly.....hindsight is 20/20 right!

3 hours ago, fansince88 said:

Had the same one. Seemed like a great idea because Floppy Discs were so small and storage friendly.....hindsight is 20/20 right!

...LMAO!...floppy discs....almost as good as Big Fredo's NYS Unemployment system still running on MS-DOS.......the youngins' here will have to Google that.......SMH........BTW, I have an IBM 8088 with a floppy disc drive for sale if you're interested......

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy
  • Haha (+1) 1

57 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

I finally answered a pollster. Normally, I hang up, but this time she hooked me in but good and then I stuck around. Here’s hoping no one arrives at my doorstep after I gave my honest answers. ?

I’m confident that you and Mr. B Gal can comfortably handle the wet work that will follow. I’ve seen Jason Bourne movies.  You grab a TV Guide, roll it up into a tube, slam it into an ear hole and the guy dies bleeding out the lower extremities (obviously). Mr. B Gal grabs a towel, snaps the other guy in the eye, the eye pops like stepped on grape (obviously) then whirls the towel into a knot around the guy’s wrist and makes him beat himself to death. 

Then, you call your friends, bip bop boop, the clean up team shows up, you and the Mr. go out dancing to a Luther Vandros cover band. 

• Haha (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

I finally answered a pollster. Normally, I hang up, but this time she hooked me in but good and then I stuck around. Here’s hoping no one arrives at my doorstep after I gave my honest answers. ?

How did she hook you?  I’m looking to hire a good phone person. LOL

EDIT:  Wait.....this can be really misinterpreted. ?

Edited by Chef Jim
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...LMAO!...floppy discs....almost as good as Big Fredo's NYS Unemployment system still running on MS-DOS.......the youngins' here will have to Google that.......SMH........BTW, I have an IBM 8088 with a floppy disc drive for sale if you're interested......

Will you take a Commodore 64 in on trade?

• Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

Only if it contains the brilliance that contributed to your eighth grade honors. 

11 hours ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

I’m confident that you and Mr. B Gal can comfortably handle the wet work that will follow. I’ve seen Jason Bourne movies.  You grab a TV Guide, roll it up into a tube, slam it into an ear hole and the guy dies bleeding out the lower extremities (obviously). Mr. B Gal grabs a towel, snaps the other guy in the eye, the eye pops like stepped on grape (obviously) then whirls the towel into a knot around the guy’s wrist and makes him beat himself to death. 

Then, you call your friends, bip bop boop, the clean up team shows up, you and the Mr. go out dancing to a Luther Vandros cover band. 

Mr. Wolf?

15 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

If it isnt a Tandy TRS-80 Im not interested. 

• Haha (+1) 1

CHANGE: 

Manhattan just lost its stranglehold on white-collar workers. 

“The white-collar workforce has proved it can skip the office not just one day, not just a week, not just two weeks, but for nearly five months now. Five months isn’t forever, no. But it is a long time. Just as emerging city and state officials want to extract more, in higher taxes, from business and its workers, the balance of power has indefinitely changed.”

3 minutes ago, B-Man said:

CHANGE: 

“The white-collar workforce has proved it can skip the office not just one day, not just a week, not just two weeks, but for nearly five months now. Five months isn’t forever, no. But it is a long time. Just as emerging city and state officials want to extract more, in higher taxes, from business and its workers, the balance of power has indefinitely changed.”

But morons like deBlahblah will still respond by jacking up taxes on the ones who stay, 'cause you know....that strategy works every time.

We talk about the larger issue all the time at our leadership team meetings.   Even when we get a vaccine, the office environment is not going to be the same.  People have realized you don't need to invest all that time and money to commute to the office 5 days a week just to sit together.  We've always had a small % of remote workers but expect that to be much higher in the future.  We've already had 10 people (out of 400) move away and keep their jobs.  We're trying like hell to sublet one of the floors in our SF office.  Supply/demand obviously not in our favor right now but I'll take what I can get for it as residential and commercial rents in the cities will plummet.

• Like (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, B-Man said:

CHANGE: 

The social interaction of the office setting is vital not to mention the team aspect. My wife has been home since mid-March and I’ve been back in the office full time for two and trust me there is a huge difference.  Also my team members who are in the office are much more productive/profitable than those still at home. 

18 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

The social interaction of the office setting is vital not to mention the team aspect. My wife has been home since mid-March and I’ve been back in the office full time for two and trust me there is a huge difference.  Also my team members who are in the office are much more productive/profitable than those still at home. 

I am not stating you are wrong but the job description is very pertinent to this. My cousin does small business finance and they were quickly able to do their job from home, and they will likely change there the office needs based on currently only needing to go in twice a week and getting everything else done from home. I as a teacher need to see kids face to face to make it work properly. The 4th quarter was abysmal for effort and achievement from the kids.