New York (again)

...uh oh....feud in the Big Apple........MMA "grudge match"...Big Fredo vs Bumblin' Billy......winner gets the billion....

Cuomo ridicules New York City move to strip $1B in NYPD funding

The money would be shifted from NYPD to other programs

New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo slammed the New York City Council’s move strip the New York Police Department of $1 billion in funding, questioning “what it means” and calling for concrete action.

“I don’t know what it means,” Cuomo said during a press briefing Wednesday. “What does that mean? Does this mean I am less safe? Where did you take the billion dollars from? Does it mean I am more safe? Does it have any effect on police abuse? I don’t know what it means.”

Cuomo’s comments came after the New York City Council passed a budget Tuesday night that shifted $1 billion from the New York Police Department to programs that assist youth and community development.

Cuomo also took a veiled swipe at New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio, who confirmed Wednesday morning that the city would paint “Black Lives Matter” outside Trump Tower on Fifth Avenue in Manhattan in the coming days.

“We’re going to paint ‘Black Lives Matter’ on the street in front of Trump HQ. Great,” Cuomo said. “From day one, I said I stand with Black Lives Matter. From Day one, I said I stand with protesters. I said great what this nation has done standing up after Mr. Floyd’s murder…I’m sorry it took so long. Why couldn’t we have done it after Eric Garner six years ago? Or Rodney King 30 years ago? But now we’re here. Great.”

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/cuomo-ridicules-new-york-city-move-to-strip-1-billion-in-nypd-funding

6 hours ago, reddogblitz said:

if this ok and doesn't spread COVID, does that mean we can start going to outdoor football games and concerts?

The only way that is an option is if you firmly grasp a picket sign. Can we carry them into the stadiums? 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, fansince88 said:

The only way that is an option is if you firmly grasp a picket sign. Can we carry them into the stadiums? 

I don't know about that, but I always love it when a professional football game breaks out during a block party/protest/riot.

• Haha (+1) 1

On 7/2/2020 at 10:48 AM, Buffalo Timmy said:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/party-guests-wont-talk-9-121901370.html

Covid is not political but we will use the force of government to force people to comply with our law unless it is politically motivated against conservatives. NY is such a mess they will need a bailout soon but have money for this crap.

I forget names all the time.  Who was at the party?  You know that guy and his wife.  And that other couple, what's their faces?  Sammy, Swimmy, Samsonite!!

• Like (+1) 1

....effects of relaxed mental hygiene strikes again....this guy should not be left alone.....

De Blasio blames NYC weekend violence on coronavirus, vows to 'double down' to keep city safe

The mayor blamed the violence, in part, on people being 'cooped up' amid the pandemic

By Brooke Singman | Fox News

Mayor Bill de Blasio blamed the uptick in violence over the weekend on the coronavirus pandemic, while defending the city’s latest policing reforms and vowing to keep New York City “the safest big city in America.”

De Blasio held a press conference Monday after a weekend of violence across New York City that left at least eight people dead and more than 44 people shot and injured.

“I want to talk about what happened this weekend. Many were out there celebrating, but we saw too much violence, and we have a lot of work to do to address it,” de Blasio said, while adding that “there is not one cause for something like this.”

“This is directly related to coronavirus,” de Blasio said. “This is a very serious situation… As we’re getting into warmer and warmer weather, we’re feeling the effects of people being cooped up for months, the economy hasn’t restarted – we have a real problem here.”

De Blasio vowed to “double down” to address the violence, which included shootings in Brooklyn, the Bronx and upper Manhattan, noting that it was going to take “neighborhood policing” and cooperation from clergy and elected officials.

“This is all hands on deck,” de Blasio said, while adding that the city has “been dealt a really tough hand.”

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/de-blasio-blames-nyc-weekend-violence-on-coronavirus-vows-to-double-down-to-keep-city-safe