New York (again)

On 6/16/2020 at 2:21 PM, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

....Big Fredo has now passed the century mark of daily pressers......maybe Nikon donates $5 mil to his re-election campaign...............

He's still doing these?  What's he talking about? 

14 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

He's still doing these?  What's he talking about? 

...LMAO...still going strong with his 100+ pressers babble......thinking Nikon and Minolta will be major campaign contributors due to his love for the camera......trying to displace "Keeping Up With The Kardashians" with "Andrew Live In Your Living Room"......he's as bad as Photo Op Chuckie Schumer......allegedly, he has his staff critique every one of his pressers so he can be MORE fraudulent the next time...."this PSA is brought to you by NYS best politicians nationwide this country has every seen".....

10 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

..Big Fredo strikes again...whining about NYS being 15 BILLION in the red....so he signs a $450 million dollar deal to rehab the I-90 rest areas and now adds a THIRTEENTH holiday for state employees....probably has the phone off the hook in case Pegula calls for stadium money.............

Cuomo to sign executive order making Juneteenth a holiday for state employees

By Brooke Singman | Fox News

New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo said he will sign an executive order Wednesday to make Juneteenth a holiday for New York State employees and will propose legislation to commemorate the day as an official state holiday next year.

During his daily press conference, Cuomo recognized that Friday, June 19 is Juneteenth, the day “commemorating the emancipation of slavery in the United States.”

“It is a day that we should all reflect upon,” Cuomo said. “It is a day that is especially relevant in this moment in history.”

Cuomo announced that he would sign an executive order “today, recognizing Juneteenth as a holiday for state employees.”

“I will be proposing legislation next year to make it an official state holiday,” Cuomo added.

Cuomo’s announcement comes after Virginia Gov. Ralph Northam announced that he plans to also make Juneteenth an official holiday in his state, which was once the capital of the Confederacy.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/cuomo-to-sign-executive-order-making-juneteenth-a-holiday-for-state-employees

June 19th has been a state holiday in Texas since 1980.

Nice to see the enlightened North join the party. Better late than never I guess.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

Nice to see the enlightened North join the party. Better late than never I guess.

Well, Texas did play a pretty big (dubious) role in Juneteenth..

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, reddogblitz said:

...nothing against the holiday........but with him whining about $15 billion of red ink, he chooses to add to it now..................

• Like (+1) 1

All that media praise for Andrew Cuomo looks pretty stupid right about now

by Becket Adams

Original Article

The press, for the most part, got the story wrong, as usual. The way most reporters and commentators told it, New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo led one of the best, if not the best, government responses to the coronavirus pandemic. The way members of the press told it, Cuomo’s wisdom, steely determination, and steady hand were guiding the Empire State through one of the most dangerous and deadly episodes in its history. But these glowing characterizations of Cuomo have not been borne out by the facts. Indeed, when it comes to the coronavirus, the governor of New York seems to be every bit as incompetent and out of his depth

Added:

My wife , who is apolitical (besides being a saint) is mad this morning.

She was to oversee an adoption of two poor kids tomorrow, been a long time coming, but now it has to be cancelled because the state employees are being given off. And no, it can't just switch to Monday, that's not how this works.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...nothing against the holiday........but with him whining about $15 billion of red ink, he chooses to add to it now..................

It does look like some serious/obvious pandering to do it at this point on time.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, B-Man said:

I actually agree with him and the community can do many things to make sure they get a proper police force. People can vote in proper mayor and sheriff's, they can create community watch groups, they can push on their neighbors the idea of follow the law so that police are not needed, finally if all else fails they can move to an area that fulfills their needs better.

2 hours ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

I actually agree with him and the community can do many things to make sure they get a proper police force. People can vote in proper mayor and sheriff's, they can create community watch groups, they can push on their neighbors the idea of follow the law so that police are not needed, finally if all else fails they can move to an area that fulfills their needs better.

...NYC did.......and Bill reminded us he's "probably the best mayor in America".....$252 grand WELL spent......as the murder rate rises.......re-election landslide cometh just like Big Fredo.....

Cuomo takes a bow after his deadly nursing home decision

by Michael Goodwin

Original Article

There is an old saying that if you don’t blow your own horn, there won’t be any music.

Gov. Andrew Cuomo obviously is a believer, having ended his streak of 111 daily coronavirus briefings with another blast of praise for himself. From March 2 until Friday, he held forth in marathon appearances that boosted his political ratings. Early on he hit an incredible 87 percent approval in the state and an April poll found that 56 percent of national Democrats wanted to dump Joe Biden and make Cuomo the presidential nominee. That support reflected how skillfully the governor performed in front of the camera.

Just read that my State(Florida) residents will be put on quarantine in NY when they visit due to our jumping cases. Our Governor made a simple request, that Floridians be kept out of NY nursing homes. The hospitals outside of our three deep blue counties are fine and running like normal, and the 5+ million Central Floridians like myself are seeing less death than usual per capita here. But my family in Buffalo still tells me Cuomo is great.