New York (again)

23 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

The property tax on my CA house was $12k a year. The property tax on my ID home, which not only has another 700 sq ft, but 5 acres compared to my little postage stamp  CA lawn, is $2500.

By the time you start throwing in income tax, it's no wonder half the state either lives in cardboard boxes or are undocumented, but get ALL the benefits of a resident. 

But it snows here everyone once in a while and we have to spend weekends skiing, so, y'know, you get what you pay for. :lol:

Just under three acres and a small house here is about 9k a year in taxes.

Edited by Joe in Winslow

2 hours ago, IDBillzFan said:

The property tax on my CA house was $12k a year. The property tax on my ID home, which not only has another 700 sq ft, but 5 acres compared to my little postage stamp  CA lawn, is $2500.

By the time you start throwing in income tax, it's no wonder half the state either lives in cardboard boxes or are undocumented, but get ALL the benefits of a resident. 

But it snows here everyone once in a while and we have to spend weekends skiing, so, y'know, you get what you pay for. :lol:

Wrong thread. 

• Haha (+1) 1

Oh, if only President Trump would stand up and take responsibility like the democrat 'leaders'

Remember yesterday when New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo decided to blame nursing homes for not doing more to resist his order that they take in COVID19-positive patients?

Well, it will no doubt shock you to know that he had lots more accountability to dodge:

Oh, this we’ve gotta read:

First he blamed nursing homes, then he blamed President Trump — and now Gov. Andrew Cuomo is attacking The Post for shining light on his widely panned state policy barring nursing homes from turning away coronavirus-positive patients, which may have fueled more than 5,000 deaths in the facilities.

“There are columnists who made this point at The Post who are 100 percent supportive of Donald Trump and that’s fine — but then believe, you know, we have to kill all Democrats,” Cuomo told reporters in Washington, DC, when asked whether the mandate came up during his meeting with the president about an hour earlier.

“I get it, I understand it,” Cuomo said from the National Press Club. “They’re open in their support of the Trump administration, and I guess their attitude is to be pro-Donald Trump, you have to be anti-Democrat, which I don’t really understand.”

Pardon our French, but what in the bloody hell is he on about?

The New York Post has nothing to do with Cuomo’s decision to deliberately put elderly lives at risk.

Cuomo owns that. Or at least he should.

https://twitchy.com/sarahd-313035/2020/05/28/andrew-cuomo-suggests-that-ny-post-columnists-reporting-on-nursing-home-covid19-deaths-believe-we-have-to-kill-all-democrats/

46 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Oh, if only President Trump would stand up and take responsibility like the democrat 'leaders'

Remember yesterday when New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo decided to blame nursing homes for not doing more to resist his order that they take in COVID19-positive patients?

Well, it will no doubt shock you to know that he had lots more accountability to dodge:

Oh, this we’ve gotta read:

First he blamed nursing homes, then he blamed President Trump — and now Gov. Andrew Cuomo is attacking The Post for shining light on his widely panned state policy barring nursing homes from turning away coronavirus-positive patients, which may have fueled more than 5,000 deaths in the facilities.

“There are columnists who made this point at The Post who are 100 percent supportive of Donald Trump and that’s fine — but then believe, you know, we have to kill all Democrats,” Cuomo told reporters in Washington, DC, when asked whether the mandate came up during his meeting with the president about an hour earlier.

“I get it, I understand it,” Cuomo said from the National Press Club. “They’re open in their support of the Trump administration, and I guess their attitude is to be pro-Donald Trump, you have to be anti-Democrat, which I don’t really understand.”

Pardon our French, but what in the bloody hell is he on about?

The New York Post has nothing to do with Cuomo’s decision to deliberately put elderly lives at risk.

Cuomo owns that. Or at least he should.

https://twitchy.com/sarahd-313035/2020/05/28/andrew-cuomo-suggests-that-ny-post-columnists-reporting-on-nursing-home-covid19-deaths-believe-we-have-to-kill-all-democrats/

...and he was in Washington yesterday begging for Federal bailout funds to cover his gross fiscal mismanagement......he's the "OTHER NYS Teflon Don"........and my NYS Thruway Authority and NYSDOT buddies tell me he does NOT have an official NYS email address........hmmm....nothing in writing?.....

34 minutes ago, Gary M said:

Oh great, more "experts". 

1 hour ago, Gary M said:

He's supposed to have a press conference at 1PM.  That certainly will be covered.

10 minutes ago, MILFHUNTER#518 said:

He is getting shredded from both sides now. Couldn't be happening to a better guy!

This is unacceptable. I hope this gets the sheep to finally wake up to his nonsense.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, dhg said:

This is unacceptable. I hope this gets the sheep to finally wake up to his nonsense. 

Wouldn't get your Hope's up too high.  There's a LOT of people in NY that truly do fear things are opening too quickly and are fine with slow walking this.  Sadly.

10 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Wouldn't get your Hope's up too high.  There's a LOT of people in NY that truly do fear things are opening too quickly and are fine with slow walking this.  Sadly.

I think the tide is turning! There will still be some sheeple, but I think most are getting tired of it.

12 minutes ago, MILFHUNTER#518 said:

He has a presser at 1pm. Use the link below, if you watch it on TV MSDNC and FAKE NEWS CNN will cut away at the end so the audience cannot hear the questions from the press.

https://www.governor.ny.gov/news

I hate his voice

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2