New York (again)

1 hour ago, Chef Jim said:

The issue often with retirement is the reduction of income and needing to reduce expenses.  When you move from places like CA or NY and and drop up to 10% in income taxes and another several thousand in property taxes and cost of living all of a sudden retirement becomes a reality.  

And friends?  Dude...you have us regardless of where you live.  

gun to the head moment right there!

I would love to once here a politician say "I ***** up.  I made a bad decision.  This is on me.  I'm sorry."  But no they all have to spin spin spin. I learned a long time ago as a manager/leader admitting you made a mistake and you will do what you can to make things right does wonders for the morale of your team.  

6 hours ago, B-Man said:

Spoke to someone that works for a nursing home near Utica.  They were told when they refused that they had to or be shut down. Then they took the patient with enough body bags for the whole bunch of them.

Edited by fansince88
  • Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, MILFHUNTER#518 said:

Spreading across media like the CCP Virus.

"Greater New York Hospital Association (GNYHA), a lobbying group for hospital systems, some of which own nursing homes ponied up $1 million"......"stay tuned for further coverage on CNN with Fredo".......

• Haha (+1) 1

On 5/26/2020 at 11:52 AM, MILFHUNTER#518 said:

This amendment to the "Green Light Law" was silently passed while we were distracted by the CCP Virus.

https://www.wkbw.com/news/local-news/green-light-law-amendment-officers-can-be-charged-with-felony

NY seems intent on never getting one-upped by CA when it comes to absolutely buttphucking the people of the state.

Gotta stay in power at all costs. 

7 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

no Florida for me..always fascinates me when people want to move away when they retire...think i want to be around friends even more then.

Having said, been actively looking for property in Buffalo, kinda bummed prices have not cratered during this mess.

I lived in Winter Park, just outside Orlando, for three years while it was over 25 years ago, the one thing I know is the weather hasn't changed.

There are not enough beaches to make that disgusting sauna of a schitthole worth the move. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

NY seems intent on never getting one-upped by CA when it comes to absolutely buttphucking the people of the state.

Gotta stay in power at all costs. 

....well were neck and neck....."Here’s a look at the total public welfare expenditures in every state, ranked from lowest to highest (Yahoo Finance)":

• New York: $65.6B-#49
  • California: $98.5B-#50

24 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

....well were neck and neck....."Here’s a look at the total public welfare expenditures in every state, ranked from lowest to highest (Yahoo Finance)":

• New York: $65.6B-#49
  • California: $98.5B-#50

I tell anyone who will listen: I moved from a state with 40M people to a state with 1.5M on purpose.

I got tired of carrying the tax burden of those who refuse to carry it themselves.

'

But, yknow...who doesn't love a Broadway show or white sandy beaches?

12 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

I tell anyone who will listen: I moved from a state with 40M people to a state with 1.5M on purpose.

I got tired of carrying the tax burden of those who refuse to carry it themselves.

'

But, yknow...who doesn't love a Broadway show or white sandy beaches?

...with the EXORBITANT sum I pay Big Fredo in NYS Income Taxes every year, Netflix and two 50# bags of white sand on my pool deck work just fine...........

4 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...with the EXORBITANT sum I pay Big Fredo in NYS Income Taxes every year, Netflix and two 50# bags of white sand on my pool deck work just fine...........

You, sir, are a cheap date!

NY Governor’s Order For Nursing Homes To Take In COVID-19 Patients Mysteriously… Vanishes

FTA:

And as time has gone on, increasing attention has been paid to Governor Andrew Cuomo’s executive order from March 25 stating that nursing homes could not refuse admission to patients, even if they tested positive for the virus.

Now, however, it’s gotten a bit harder to find all of the associated information if you are researching this alarming statistic. That’s because the page on the New York Health Department’s website where the Governor’s order was previously published has gone missing. If you had it bookmarked, it now redirects you to an unrelated page. 

New York officials have scrubbed Gov. Andrew Cuomo’s March 25 order requiring nursing homes to take in COVID-19 patients from the state health department website — even as Cuomo’s office insists that the order, which has been linked to thousands of nursing home deaths, remains in effect.

The web page that once contained the order now directs to a page indicating that the file is “not found.” The archive indicates that the deletion occurred sometime after May 5, around the time that criticism over New York’s nursing home fatalities intensified.

A copy of the page saved by the Internet archive Wayback Machine, however, shows that Cuomo’s order stated: “No resident shall be denied readmission or admission to the NH [nursing home] solely based on a confirmed or suspected diagnosis of COVID-19. NHs [Nursing homes] are prohibited from requiring a hospitalized resident who is determined medically stable to be tested for COVID-19 prior to admission or readmission.”

More at the link: https://hotair.com/archives/jazz-shaw/2020/05/27/ny-governors-order-nursing-homes-take-covid-19-patients-mysteriously-vanishes/

5 minutes ago, B-Man said:

NY Governor’s Order For Nursing Homes To Take In COVID-19 Patients Mysteriously… Vanishes

FTA:

And as time has gone on, increasing attention has been paid to Governor Andrew Cuomo’s executive order from March 25 stating that nursing homes could not refuse admission to patients, even if they tested positive for the virus.

Now, however, it’s gotten a bit harder to find all of the associated information if you are researching this alarming statistic. That’s because the page on the New York Health Department’s website where the Governor’s order was previously published has gone missing. If you had it bookmarked, it now redirects you to an unrelated page. 

New York officials have scrubbed Gov. Andrew Cuomo’s March 25 order requiring nursing homes to take in COVID-19 patients from the state health department website — even as Cuomo’s office insists that the order, which has been linked to thousands of nursing home deaths, remains in effect.

The web page that once contained the order now directs to a page indicating that the file is “not found.” The archive indicates that the deletion occurred sometime after May 5, around the time that criticism over New York’s nursing home fatalities intensified.

A copy of the page saved by the Internet archive Wayback Machine, however, shows that Cuomo’s order stated: “No resident shall be denied readmission or admission to the NH [nursing home] solely based on a confirmed or suspected diagnosis of COVID-19. NHs [Nursing homes] are prohibited from requiring a hospitalized resident who is determined medically stable to be tested for COVID-19 prior to admission or readmission.”

More at the link: https://hotair.com/archives/jazz-shaw/2020/05/27/ny-governors-order-nursing-homes-take-covid-19-patients-mysteriously-vanishes/

...according to my NYS Thruway buddies, Big Fredo is the only one in NYS government with NO email address......so nothing in writing and wiretaps needing to be pre-announced?.....Governor Gotti??.........

3 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

The property tax on my CA house was $12k a year. The property tax on my ID home, which not only has another 700 sq ft, but 5 acres compared to my little postage stamp  CA lawn, is $2500.

By the time you start throwing in income tax, it's no wonder half the state either lives in cardboard boxes or are undocumented, but get ALL the benefits of a resident. 

But it snows here everyone once in a while and we have to spend weekends skiing, so, y'know, you get what you pay for. :lol:

• Like (+1) 1