New York (again)

1 minute ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

I was gonna guess a condo but not St John's. The HOA fees on some condos are very high. In fact down by Miami I am seeing condos for 150,000 with HOA fees approaching 1K a month. Also hurricane insurance for a beach condo is very high, I should probably be more specific, move to Orlando where I live.

Don't get me wrong, we loved the area from December until April ... it just is not a full time possibility for us. Too hot. And that is "too hot" while residing by the ocean. I'd melt in Orlando. 

• Like (+1) 1

I have to qualify what I am about to say- I believe Cuomo is incompetent not evil and I do not think he made his decisions with an inappropriate intent but what would you do differently if your intent was to eliminate as many of the poor from NYC than what he did? Between the subways and assisted living he ensured as many poor people as possible were in contact with the virus as possible.

1 hour ago, RiotAct said:

wow... wish I could say this shocks me but sadly, it doesn’t.

6 hours ago, MILFHUNTER#518 said:

This amendment to the "Green Light Law" was silently passed while we were distracted by the CCP Virus.

https://www.wkbw.com/news/local-news/green-light-law-amendment-officers-can-be-charged-with-felony

My Wife babysits for a State Trooper/Border Patrol husband wife team. This has been tricky for them.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, fansince88 said:

My Wife babysits for a State Trooper/Border Patrol husband wife team. This has been tricky for them.

Yikes  I can see it now 

Wife:  How was your day honey?

Husband: None of your ***** business!  How was yours sugar plumb?

Wife:  I could tell you but then I’d have to ***** kill you!! honey bunch. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

Yikes  I can see it now 

Wife:  How was your day honey?

Husband: None of your ***** business!  How was yours sugar plumb?

Wife:  I could tell you but then I’d have to ***** kill you!! honey bunch. 

That explains a lot, my wife must be an undercover border patrol agent, not a nurse. ?

On 5/25/2020 at 8:03 PM, Buffalo_Gal said:

We've done Florida as snow birds and it isn't for us (too hot 6 months of the year, and it ain't as cheap as everyone proclaims). I'd love to try Virginia, but that seems to be going the way of NYS (one small area of the state influences policies that harm the rest of the state and too bad for the rest of the state). Or possibly North Carolina (a lot of my ex's family went there, and there are some nice areas in NC) but am not quite there yet.  And if my son sticks to the Buffalo area and they start producing those grand-babies I so desperately want... I doubt I'll ever leave.

no Florida for me..always fascinates me when people want to move away when they retire...think i want to be around friends even more then.

Having said, been actively looking for property in Buffalo, kinda bummed prices have not cratered during this mess.

• Thank you (+1) 1

….uh oh......think I'll just wait for extensive CNN coverage to get the truth on this...…………….

Cuomo granted immunity to nursing home executives, after big-money campaign donation: report

By Adam Shaw | Fox News

New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo, who signed legislation granting hospital and nursing home executives immunity from lawsuits related to the novel coronavirus last month, previously received a big-money boost from a powerful health care industry group, according to a new report.

The Guardian reports that the New York State Democratic Committee, then backing Cuomo’s primary run in 2018, received more than $1 million from the Greater New York Hospital Association (GNYHA) -- a lobbying group for hospital systems, some of which own nursing homes.

The donation made the group one of the state party’s largest contributors in that cycle. Three of the hospital association’s top officials separately gave more than $150,000 to Cuomo’s campaign between 2015 and 2018, the outlet reported.

That donation is now drawing scrutiny after Cuomo signed legislation last month that protects executives from lawsuits -- just as he is under continued criticism for his March 25 order (since deleted) requiring nursing homes to take in COVID-19 patients.

On May 10, and amid increasing criticism, Cuomo issued a new directive stating that hospitals cannot send patients back to nursing homes in the state unless they tested negative for the virus.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/cuomo-immunity-nursing-home-campaign-donation

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

2 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

no Florida for me..always fascinates me when people want to move away when they retire...think i want to be around friends even more then.

Having said, been actively looking for property in Buffalo, kinda bummed prices have not cratered during this mess.

I think the only cratering home prices will be major cities, the rest of country will probably just stay level until next year. As for retiring in Florida much of the movement is due to so much free time when you retire. In Florida even on hot days you can go golf at 630 am as my grandfather did almost everyday. In Buffalo that free time during winter can become rough.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

I think the only cratering home prices will be major cities, the rest of country will probably just stay level until next year. As for retiring in Florida much of the movement is due to so much free time when you retire. In Florida even on hot days you can go golf at 630 am as my grandfather did almost everyday. In Buffalo that free time during winter can become rough.

Makes sense...but most bars and OTB open at 11:30..i all good!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

The issue often with retirement is the reduction of income and needing to reduce expenses.  When you move from places like CA or NY and and drop up to 10% in income taxes and another several thousand in property taxes and cost of living all of a sudden retirement becomes a reality.  

And friends?  Dude...you have us regardless of where you live.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Sad 1