New York (again)

I know everything has to be considered, but this seems like a bad idea.

Cattaraugus County has NO confirmed cases (though there are likely some out there.)

Bringing up the most severely infected just seems very hazardous..........like people who don't want to re-open any businesses say

2 days ago - Cuomo Says Downstate Patients Could Be Transported To Upstate 

• Like (+1) 1

Deaths Tested Positives Hospitalized ICU Patients
784 155,934 53,487 7,328

So in order to be tested you have to be sick showing enough symptoms, right? They don't want to waste tests on healthy non symptom showing people. 53k positive tests out of 155k tests taken, so that means 102k who are sick but not coronavirus sick. So of those 102K sick people what are they sick with? Flu seems to be the most theorized, why no reporting on 102k sick people of other sickness? Only the media scare tactics and hype about coronavirus! The CDC estimated there were over 60.8 million cases of H1N1 worldwide 2009-2010 and up to 18k deaths in the USA during Obamas tenure, where was the outrage then? Nothing happened, business as usual, nothing shut down the media didn't instill fear and panic. This anti Trump narrative from the media has gone too far and needs to be dealt with swiftly and severely!  

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, pop gun said:
Deaths Tested Positives Hospitalized ICU Patients
784 155,934 53,487 7,328

So in order to be tested you have to be sick showing enough symptoms, right? They don't want to waste tests on healthy non symptom showing people. 53k positive tests out of 155k tests taken, so that means 102k who are sick but not coronavirus sick. So of those 102K sick people what are they sick with? Flu seems to be the most theorized, why no reporting on 102k sick people of other sickness? Only the media scare tactics and hype about coronavirus! The CDC estimated there were over 60.8 million cases of H1N1 worldwide 2009-2010 and up to 18k deaths in the USA during Obamas tenure, where was the outrage then? Nothing happened, business as usual, nothing shut down the media didn't instill fear and panic. This anti Trump narrative from the media has gone too far and needs to be dealt with swiftly and severely!  

60 mill in the US alone. I believe 700M worldwide infections 

1 hour ago, IDBillzFan said:

We can't have child rapists getting a virus now, can we....

The reasoning is more like child rapists spreading the virus in an enclosed tuna can full of people the county/state is responsible for.

Hard to say what is going on, without knowing what the parole violations are. Parole tends to hilariously ***** with rapists, such as violating them for only getting 8 out of 10 weekly job searches done (in 4 days) to maintain eligibility for DSS benefits (yes, this actually happened - guy got two years for his sanction.)

18 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

That's an eye opening chart the powers that be clearly aren't showing during the evening news.

I said that a while ago.  Read the death certificates. What was the actual cause of death?  Dying with something is not the same as (or even close to) dying from something. 

• Like (+1) 2

19 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

That's an eye opening chart the powers that be clearly aren't showing during the evening news.

I can't find numbers, but reading the footnote for underlying conditions.... It's like a prescriptions side effects: it's anything and everything.

The aggregate number of Americans with diabetes, heart disease, high blood pressure, or asthma would be high.  Not every one is an athlete in perfect condition.  

Every footnote matters.

2 minutes ago, nkreed said:

I can't find numbers, but reading the footnote for underlying conditions.... It's like a prescriptions side effects: it's anything and everything.

The aggregate number of Americans with diabetes, heart disease, high blood pressure, or asthma would be high.  Not every one is an athlete in perfect condition.  

Every footnote matters.

What is the prevalence of these particular diseases in America vs the rest of the world?

4 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

I said that a while ago.  Read the death certificates. What was the actual cause of death?  Dying with something is not the same as (or even close to) dying from something. 

This is a respiratory illness, so if the heart stops because of a lack of oxygenated blood: was it Covid or was it a heart attack? And how would you know?

1 minute ago, GG said:

What is the prevalence of these particular diseases in America vs the rest of the world?

Extremely high would be my guess, however I would like to leave that to the doctors.