Brady Free Agency speculation: Down to Bucs and... Chargers? Miami?

YoloinOhio

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

I’ve listened to a little WEEI this week just to get their take and they don’t seem to think Belichick will be on board with paying him what he can get on the open market. The Boston media really seems to think he’s gone, saying all signs point that way. But Kraft seems to really want him back. 

Kraft would  be a Moron to go against Belichek's wishes, but this is a man getting a rub and tug in some sleazy Florida massage parlor so it's certainly within the realm of possibility.

The Raiders have had two winning seasons since Brady's first Super Bowl win.  They lack weapons at WR.  Their defense is middle of the pack.  I don't see it as at least the Pats have a decent defense.

Edited by Doc Brown

19 minutes ago, ALF said:

Left unsaid is the term on the agreement.  Perhaps they'll do $30M x 1.  But will they go three years?  Or guarantee three years?  

I suspect that at least the Raiders will do both.  The bet here is that Brady gets three years, fully guaranteed, at more than $33.3M per season, from somebody.  In other words, Kirk Cousins at a higher annual salary.  

Edited by SectionC3

2 hours ago, stuvian said:

Tom won't leave Chowderland for a one year deal. He's angling for a two or three year contract

...and I’d LOVE to see him get it (though I doubt he will). I used to dread playing against him, now I look forward to it. And he will be that much older, declining every year. I hope he plays TEN more years! Get some pay back! 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, ALF said:

There is no way Kraft lets him leave.  Zero chance.

1 hour ago, Doc Brown said:

The Raiders have had two winning seasons since Brady's first Super Bowl win.  They lack weapons at WR.  Their defense is middle of the pack.  I don't see it as at least the Pats have a decent defense.

The Raiders started his career (*cough* tuck rule *cough*) so they might as well end it 

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Da webster guy said:

Money is meaningless to Brady at this point in his life.  Do the math:

He and his wife net worth over $500m by all accounts.  This past year, assuming his investment advice was average, they made roughly $75M in interest alone, forget salaries etc.   

The difference in getting paid $20M or $30M is roughly $6M after taxes.  Essentially what he makes in one month of interest.

Would you uproot your entire family, change schools, community, and leave your long time relationships behind to increase your net worth by 1%?   If you have $2Mil in the bank thats like moving across the country for $20k.  "Hey kids, we're selling the house. Say goodbye to your friends, we've got a shot at $20 thousand. What?  Oh no we'll never spend it, but...you know...MoNeY...

The guy is an egomaniac competitive freak who still feels he has "something to prove", which i find rather sad for a guy w 6 rings.  He's looking for a team that can get him to another superbowl, the money is meaningless.

Not so fast.  If the Brady’s are conservative investors, let’s dial that interest down closer to $50m for the year.  If we plug in life expectancy, we plug in whether he retires interest only, or wants to dip into his principal....bing bam boom...he’s probably ok but he’s most definitely going to want to downsize on the Uggs purchases, he’s  probably going to want to cut back on the manscaping around the giblets,  that sort of thing. 

Can it be done? Yes.  Can it be done without sacrifice well that remains to be seen.  

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Gugny said:

I love, love, LOVE that Brady is playing the Patriots.  I hope he gouges the hell out of them.

Ditto. I'd love to see them drop a big chunk of their salary cap on a declining QB.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, H2o said:

Which would be awesome because they have a lot of FA's, but only $44,000,000 in cap space. If Brady eats up 30 mill+ of that then it would seriously impede them signing the rest of their key FA's. 

4 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

I put that in the wrong thread and moved it to the Brady thread but I agree. 

Moved mine over now as well :thumbsup:

3 hours ago, SectionC3 said:

Left unsaid is the term on the agreement.  Perhaps they'll do $30M x 1.  But will they go three years?  Or guarantee three years?  

I suspect that at least the Raiders will do both.  The bet here is that Brady gets three years, fully guaranteed, at more than $33.3M per season, from somebody.  In other words, Kirk Cousins at a higher annual salary.  

That would be idiotic. Classic case of paying for what a person has done and not what they will do. The NFL is about future performance not past performance.

Brady's 6 SB wins don't do the Raiders any good.

2 hours ago, KD in CA said:

There is no way Kraft lets him leave.  Zero chance.

Except he doesn’t have a choice. As someone said, the money is of little consequence here. Especially with the offer being 30M, which sometime will easily beat. Kraft could offer 50M and Brady could still leave. I think the general consensus is if Brady actually leaves it is his ego wanting to prove he can win without Bill and end “Patriot Way”. No one is thinking it’s likely, but if that is actually true Kraft has absolutely zero say and no amount of money will alter that. 

3 hours ago, ALF said:

c’mon Bobby! He’s on the Hundi team. Why not 50 AAVmil long term? 

Brady said "as for me, I'm not going anywhere"

Brady is in Greenich CT, with no contract.

He's not going anywhere!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :lol:  :lol:  

2 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

Brady said he looked forward to mentoring a young QB

Isn't there a young QB in NE right now?

Nate Peternam????