Brady Free Agency speculation: Down to Bucs and... Chargers? Miami?

YoloinOhio

i say this "leak" is coming from brady's camp as a message sent directly to kraft.

BB wants to move on, TB wants to stay in NE.

same thing TB successfully did when BB tried to pay jimmy G big bux. 

you know kraft wants to keep both and ride this pair to the very end.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Jimmy G played a great game but came up a bit short in the end

What game did you watch?  He wasn't "great" at all, and the Niners are built around their defense, running game and George Kittle.  Any decent QB will be successful there.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

not seeing the Jimmy hate here.

The niners sux dix without jimmy, and kickbutt with him. Their defense lost them the Superbowl when they let the chiefs score at will in the fourth. Jimmy G played a great game but came up a bit short in the end , getting rid of a QB who elevates the whole team and got them to a Superbowl is a big mistake.

I think he holds the team back and don't think he was anything more than a game manager in the Super Bowl. Looks like we simply disagree on him as a player and that's fine. I'm sure other teams agree with you and that's what I would be counting on if I were in SF's shoes.

• Thank you (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Billl said:

Why would anyone give up a first for Jimmy when they could sign any of the FA QBs without giving up picks?  If SF signs Brady, it’s because they think he’s better.  Nobody thinks JG is worth more than Brady PLUS a first round pick.

Because the other guys are FAs for a reason.

Every team in the NFL is discussing Brady right now whether they love their QB or don't. Because the goal is to win the SB and Brady has done that better than anyone in history. If you think hes the missing piece, you go get him. If thats the 49ers and they dangle Jimmy G in a trade, I'd be willing to be they would get some very attractive offers

For goodness sake Tyrod Taylor was traded for a 3rd rounder and Josh Rosen for a 2nd! You dont think the guy who just led a team that picked second overall a year ago to a 14-2 record and a NFC Championship is worth a 1st?  

2 hours ago, papazoid said:

i say this "leak" is coming from brady's camp as a message sent directly to kraft.

BB wants to move on, TB wants to stay in NE.

same thing TB successfully did when BB tried to pay jimmy G big bux. 

you know kraft wants to keep both and ride this pair to the very end.

This seems pretty obvious

Best case is Kraft gets sentimental, backs up the brinks truck and belichick quits.  The Patriots would be back in the dark ages

On 1/30/2020 at 4:29 PM, Lurker said:

Yes.   I agree, the Titans make sense as a landing spot.     

I just have a hard time envisioning the GOAT in that pasture.    Just seems whack.     They don't even fill their stadium, as we saw with all the Bills fans at our game this year...

Well that is just another reason to go for it. I bet the Stadium will be sold out, at least at the beginning.

16 minutes ago, Captain Hindsight said:

Because the other guys are FAs for a reason.

Every team in the NFL is discussing Brady right now whether they love their QB or don't. Because the goal is to win the SB and Brady has done that better than anyone in history. If you think hes the missing piece, you go get him. If thats the 49ers and they dangle Jimmy G in a trade, I'd be willing to be they would get some very attractive offers

For goodness sake Tyrod Taylor was traded for a 3rd rounder and Josh Rosen for a 2nd! You dont think the guy who just led a team that picked second overall a year ago to a 14-2 record and a NFC Championship is worth a 1st?  

No, because a 1st round pick comes with potentially 5 years of team control. Front offices will weigh the potential value of players amortized over the lifetime of that control relative to the gains they can expect to receive in a trade.  That's why you see trades with former 1st round players going for peanuts only a couple of years later.

1 minute ago, Woodman19 said:

No, because a 1st round pick comes with potentially 5 years of team control. Front offices will weigh the potential value of players amortized over the lifetime of that control relative to the gains they can expect to receive in a trade.  That's why you see trades with former 1st round players going for peanuts only a couple of years later.

If you think you are a QB away (See Bears, Colts), you make that trade

You may not agree with it, but someone will do it if they think it wins them a SB

1 minute ago, Captain Hindsight said:

If you think you are a QB away (See Bears, Colts), you make that trade

You may not agree with it, but someone will do it if they think it wins them a SB

Pretty sure no team is giving up a 1st round pick for a QB in his 40's

2 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Kind of what I was getting at earlier:

He is just not the same player that he was 5 years ago (or even close).

It was pretty obvious just watching him last year. Hes still good enough to start, but he needs a lot of help. This is Belichecks system meeting an immovable object tho. Cut a player too early, rather than too late or keep the GOAT for nostalgic reasons

Me personally and hoping that his last throw as a Patriot**** is a pick 6 :)

1 minute ago, Woodman19 said:

Pretty sure no team is giving up a 1st round pick for a QB in his 40's

What?

I was referring to Jimmy G. Brady is a FA..... Are we talking about the same thing here?

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Woodman19 said:

A first round pick also comes with significant unknowns and risk.  Historically 1st round QB succeed at a rate of about 30% overall (higher at the top, lower at the bottom) and that's just "become a competent NFL QB you can win with" not "become a playoff-winning QB"

The reason you see first round QBs going for peanuts a couple years later is if their first team decides they're part of the 70% who don't become competent NFL QB and decides to move on, while the receiving team is willing to wager "it's not him that's the problem, it's your team"

6 minutes ago, Captain Hindsight said:

It was pretty obvious just watching him last year. Hes still good enough to start, but he needs a lot of help. This is Belichecks system meeting an immovable object tho. Cut a player too early, rather than too late or keep the GOAT for nostalgic reasons

Me personally and hoping that his last throw as a Patriot**** is a pick 6 :)

Honestly, even some people here get nostalgic (or nightmares) thinking about him staying in NE. I don’t think that’s the worst thing for us. He’s an average QB at this point that’s fairly easy to defend because he can’t get the ball outside the numbers anymore. Brady is still incredibly cerebral and crafty. However, he’s like Henry Rowengartner when he loses his fastball in “Rookie of the Year.” He has to be creative to make plays. He’s not just going to make certain throws because of his ability anymore.

• Like (+1) 1

To me, the 49ers leak is the biggest tell that Brady isn’t going anywhere.  There’s no way he’s going to the 49ers.  This whole thing is pathetic on so many levels.  It’s not like the Patriots have a Steve Young or Andrew Luck behind Brady.  End the charade already.  When he inevitably goes back New England, can we publicly flog all the talking heads who indulged in all this nonsense.  

3 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Honestly, even some people here get nostalgic (or nightmares) thinking about him staying in NE. I don’t think that’s the worst thing for us. He’s an average QB at this point that’s fairly easy to defend because he can’t get the ball outside the numbers anymore. Brady is still incredibly cerebral and crafty. However, he’s like Henry Rowengartner when he loses his fastball in “Rookie of the Year.” He has to be creative to make plays. He’s not just going to make certain throws because of his ability anymore.

Now theres a reference haha. I had to go look that up

3 minutes ago, BuffaloRebound said:

To me, the 49ers leak is the biggest tell that Brady isn’t going anywhere.  There’s no way he’s going to the 49ers.  This whole thing is pathetic on so many levels.  It’s not like the Patriots have a Steve Young or Andrew Luck behind Brady.  End the charade already.  When he inevitably goes back New England, can we publicly flog all the talking heads who indulged in all this nonsense.  

Well if he goes to SF that will almost certainly mean Teddy, Tannehill or Jimmy G in New England.

1 minute ago, Captain Hindsight said:

Now theres a reference haha. I had to go look that up

Edited by Kirby Jackson
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Well if he goes to SF that will almost certainly mean Teddy, Tannehill or Jimmy G in New England.

https://youtu.be/0CDsJCGcJcI

Please.  I hate Brady with a passion, but those  guys can’t carry Brady’s 43 year old jockstrap.  And I’m not sure why any of those guys would voluntarily choose to replace the greatest of all time on an offense that is bottom half of the league in talent.  They would be getting Boo’d by their home fans by week 3.  

29 minutes ago, BuffaloRebound said:

Please.  I hate Brady with a passion, but those  guys can’t carry Brady’s 43 year old jockstrap.  And I’m not sure why any of those guys would voluntarily choose to replace the greatest of all time on an offense that is bottom half of the league in talent.  They would be getting Boo’d by their home fans by week 3.  

At this point Brady is no better than those guys IMO and trending in opposite directions. The Patriots won with defense over the last 2 years not Brady. I think you’re remembering Brady at his best.

2019:

Brady - 60.9% completion, 253.6 ypg, 24 TDs, 8 INTs, 6.8 YPA, 88 rating, 52.5 QBR

Jimmy G - 69.1% completion, 248.6 ypg, 27 TD, 13 INTs, 9.3 ypa, 102 rating, 60.2 QBR

Tannehill (extrapolated over 16 games) - 70.3% completion, 228.5 ypg, 32 TDs, 8 INTs, 9.6 YPA, 117.5 rating, 65.4 QBR

Teddy (extrapolated over 16 games) - 67.9% completion, 153.8 YPG, 28 TDs, 6 INTs, 7.5 YPA, 99.1 rating, 45 QBR

There isn’t a big difference at this point.