Brady Free Agency speculation: Down to Bucs and... Chargers? Miami?

YoloinOhio

59 minutes ago, MJS said:

He had plenty of stellar games too. Look, I don't think Jimmy G is an elite QB by any means, but he's a good starter and can win you a lot of games.

Fair enough.

I think he's incredibly average.

On 1/30/2020 at 5:48 PM, ndirish1978 said:

Patriots won in spite of Brady this year. Coach is the real reason they are successful. He goes somewhere else it's to fade into oblivion. 

If you look at QB production, Brady was solidly in the top 10 in the league this year.  The fact that he did not put the team on his shoulders and carry it, does not mean they won in spite of him.  He was a major part of their winning record. 

4 minutes ago, Chaos said:

If you look at QB production, Brady was solidly in the top 10 in the league this year.  The fact that he did not put the team on his shoulders and carry it, does not mean they won in spite of him.  He was a major part of their winning record. 

LOL.

1 minute ago, Chaos said:

Brady has a specific offense that he has done well in over recent years. Will a new OC overhaul an offense to fit Brady? Even if he did, there isn’t enough time for Brady to come in and feel comfortable in it.....and I can guarantee it won’t run as well as McDaniel’s scheme did for him.

If Brady walks away from the Patriots the world is going to see what a friendly system the Patriots had in place for him and how it contributed mightily to his success....which still has been dwindling.

Logic tells us that we wouldn't be having this conversation if Brady really wanted to stay with NE and they really wanted him back.

The idea that the CBA is some sort of obstacle is nonsense. If the 2 sides wanted to do a deal it would look and sound like the Drew Brees situation. 

For whatever reason, last summer Brady orchestrated this scenario. It doesn't make sense that he did that in order to make an extra 5-10 million dollars. 

Still, all that said, it seems impossible that he would leave NE. 

Edited by TheFunPolice
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, TheFunPolice said:

Logic tells us that we wouldn't be having this conversation if Brady really wanted to stay with NE and they really wanted him back.

It tells me that Brady is more of a Kardashian-type attention seeker than a football player these days.  He's mostly worried about being noticed and talked about. 

He of course wants to stay in NE (lol at the idea of him playing for the 9-7 Titans), but his ego needs to be worshiped and Belichick will never do that.  But Kraft will, which is why he'll end up staying.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

I can see Brady going to the Titans or staying in NE.

Doubt he goes to the Raiders or 49ers.  It would put those teams in a QB bind within a year or two.

I'm doubting the Raiders and Niners as well, but I don't think NE wants him back. 

You'd have to think the Titans are the odds on favorite to land Brady.

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

I can see Brady going to the Titans or staying in NE.

Doubt he goes to the Raiders or 49ers.  It would put those teams in a QB bind within a year or two.

Why?  Sign BRADY to a 2 year deal, draft a guy, and have them learn under him.  Would there be a better learning experience for a young guy?

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

It tells me that Brady is more of a Kardashian-type attention seeker than a football player these days.  He's mostly worried about being noticed and talked about. 

He of course wants to stay in NE (lol at the idea of him playing for the 9-7 Titans), but his ego needs to be worshiped and Belichick will never do that.  But Kraft will, which is why he'll end up staying.

This exactly.  
Just make it stop at this point.  He’s going back to New England.  All these stories are clickbait nonsense.  He’s sure as hell not going to the 49ers.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, CommonCents said:

Banana land. He still ends up back with the Pats and everyone knows it. 

Yeah. It’s pretty obvious.  He’s gets to pretend to go through the recruitment process and finally get a big deal from the Pats.  

as much as we hate him, the dude loves football.  I have no idea why he’s still even playing 

Just now, C.Biscuit97 said:

Yeah. It’s pretty obvious.  He’s gets to pretend to go through the recruitment process and finally get a big deal from the Pats.  

as much as we hate him, the dude loves football.  I have no idea why he’s still even playing 

Yeah, I think people are bored and just want to play along for their own entertainment.

Does anyone actually believe he is leaving NE? San Fran, Jimmy G, the rumors had me rolling at work today. Even the blowhard Pats fans didn’t see it.

Brady is their sports god. They have been having elementary schools write him thousands of letters etc. It’s pathetic but I’m sure that tickles good ole TB.

• Like (+1) 1