Brady Free Agency speculation: Down to Bucs and... Chargers? Miami?

YoloinOhio

2 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...reluctantly, cannot deny his accomplishments and accolades, but when do we reach the saturation point of "Brady Ad nauseam News"?......

Sadly I think it’s just getting started. 
This is “the biggest story of the offseason” 

and you know Brady is loving the attention and will drag it out as long as possible. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 2/27/2020 at 3:33 PM, thebandit27 said:

Why wouldn’t NE file tampering charges?

No legs to the tampering charges, but NE will probably get a six pack of conditional draft picks...?

28 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

Belichick will throw a fit if Kraft forces him to pay Brady $30 million a year to throw ducks and not take hits.

The Patriots will be allowed an extra player on offense to protect Brady.  Said player will also be licensed to carry a concealed weapon.  ?

• Haha (+1) 1

On 2/27/2020 at 12:07 PM, YoloinOhio said:

Chargers aren’t even interested

Known how?

16 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

I do wonder if this whole thing with Brady is to shop for offers then bring it back to NE and they match or come close to matching.  Or he finds out others value him much less than he thinks and again ends up back in NE for lack of a better offer.

I think that's exactly what it is.

Brady: "No more discounts, I want $30M like those young squibs who aren't fit to carry my tootsie rolls get"

Belicheck: "You aren't worth that now, and I"m not paying what you were worth 5 years ago.  What do you think this is, 'Sentimental Journey'?"

Brady: "Let me wave my 6 rings around on the Free Agent breeze, and watch offers roll in"

Belicheck: "Wave away!"

31 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Brady: "No more discounts, I want $30M like those young squibs who aren't fit to carry my tootsie rolls get"

Belicheck: "You aren't worth that now, and I"m not paying what you were worth 5 years ago.  What do you think this is, 'Sentimental Journey'?"

Brady: "Let me wave my 6 rings around on the Free Agent breeze, and watch offers roll in"

In light of your mean spirited besmirching of two of the ‘living legends’ of the NFL, the league has awarded a compensatory draft pick to the New England Patriots.

• Haha (+1) 2

I’m ok with Marcia dragging this thing out in dramatic fashion and torturing Belichick and Kraft so they botch their next moves in FA and draft because they don’t know if he will be back. Belichick will pay for never giving him Patriot of the Week!

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Known how?

Oh, I bet there are a couple teams out there willing to pay him for a year or two, if nothing else than to sell tickets.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, MJS said:

Oh, I bet there are a couple teams out there willing to pay him for a year or two, if nothing else than to sell tickets.

Likely you're right, so then will come down to whether he really is willing to leave NE or go back for less $$.  Or maybe he'll be pissed enough to take one of the offers, but I'd bet not.

19 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Known how?

I'm sorry, but Brady has more than earned a top tier $$$$$ Contract. 6 Superbowls says so! ?

I think this whole scene is an attention-getting charade by Brady. There is not a top tier team in the NFL that will offer him a contract. Also, there is not a team that will become top tier by signing Brady. His skills are diminishing and he would have to learn a new offense with its personnel. New England is his best option for winning and I believe he knows that. Any place that has a QB opening runs a significant risk of tarnishing his legacy. I foresee a big Patriot group hug coming.