So, Josh Allen threw a fan through a table

11 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

That's the whole point of why Boomers suck. You got them through parasite-ing off of the Great Generation's successes while selfishly trashing the future for subsequent generations, not because yall were somehow smarter or better like you all think. Everyone sees through it but the Boomers who love the smell of their own farts.

But I digress from the thread's real topic, so my apologies.

We all look forward to that die off, tho. ?

When I was 9 years old in 1969, the Cuyahoga River caught on fire (not for the first time).  When I was 40 years old, the Cuyahoga Valley was established as a National Park.  As a child, I learned a song "I'm Walking Over Lake Erie (cuz it's Much Too Dirty to Swim).  Now people swim in Lakeshore parks and go fishing.  RCRA (which gave EPA power to manage and recover hazardous waste) was passed in 1976 - after fierce lobbying by Boomers.  Yes, we digress, but you might want to learn some history on that "trashing the future" thing. 

And I'll break out the tea and sammiches to entertain future digressions -> PPP

• Like (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

That's the whole point of why Boomers suck. You got them through parasite-ing off of the Great Generation's successes while selfishly trashing the future for subsequent generations, not because yall were somehow smarter or better like you all think. Everyone sees through it but the Boomers who love the smell of their own farts.

Meanwhile Gen X looks on with scorn and contempt at both their predecessors and those who follow.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Joe in Winslow said:

Meanwhile Gen X looks on with scorn and contempt at both their predecessors and those who follow.

Gen Xers are mostly 50+ now and basically Boomers in a lot of their thinking. I'm cusp GenX myself.

And I'm much more optimistic based on what I see from Millennials (who arent "kids" as some folks think, they are 28-40 now), and Gen Zers, in my workplace than what I've seen from Boomers.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

To me, it's Josh Allen creating a brand for himself that may create its own distractions for him as he progresses or even wind up substituting for progress.

Once he establishes himself as a top-10 QB, then Whatever.  His brand can be about "I'm a top-10 stud QB who wins playoff games AND throws fans through tables AND tries to throw the football out of the stadium" then if he likes.

Right now it's about "I'm not a top-10 QB contending for a championship, so I'll build my brand where I can - with stunts"

The entire idea of building a "brand" as an athlete is repulsive. We love them for their competitive fire and performance, not how they act for social media and if that's the future sports is dead, it's just a matter of time. My father is a boomer ? but unfortunately common sense and loving a team are dying off.

20 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Hey, not all boomers are Republican...:devil:

WHAT?

Not appreciating this.  No, Josh.  Just No,  Bad look. 

Celebrating an aspect of Buffalo fandom that's a bit reckless and does not need to be encouraged

And as for "would Mahomes do this?" um he's preparing for a Superbowl at the moment.  That should be the goal.

Please say It's Not So!

Mahomes puts ketchup on steak. Josh Allen looks way better out of this.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BigBillsFan said:

The entire idea of building a "brand" as an athlete is repulsive. We love them for their competitive fire and performance, not how they act for social media and if that's the future sports is dead, it's just a matter of time. My father is a boomer ? but unfortunately common sense and loving a team are dying off.

I understand your feeling, but it's just reality these days.  Many top athletes earn big salaries, but just as much or more off their endorsement deals and appearance money.

The challenge for a young athlete is to keep focus on building success as an athlete and not get too distracted by success at building a brand and bringing in the deals.

15 minutes ago, Turk71 said:

Embarrassingly stupid. Josh looks like an idiot in that video, he should have dropped him off the roof of an rv. What was he thinking?

He needs some lessons from the Hardy's and/or Mick Foley first.

?

To me, it's Josh Allen creating a brand for himself that may create its own distractions for him as he progresses or even wind up substituting for progress.

Once he establishes himself as a top-10 QB, then Whatever.  His brand can be about "I'm a top-10 stud QB who wins playoff games AND throws fans through tables AND tries to throw the football out of the stadium" then if he likes.

Right now it's about "I'm not a top-10 QB contending for a championship, so I'll build my brand where I can - with stunts"

Hapless, I see you’re point and we’ll taken.

13 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Doesn't he need to stand on a chair on top of a cooler on top of an RV?

And don't the true table-smashers jump, and not need to be thrown?

throwing people is uncool, unless they insist. 

In Josh' defense, its tough being in a table smashing video without looking like an idiot; no matter how you do it.

45 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Pretty nice swing althought he doesnt get his club all the way back which will cost him power & distance.

This is just silly, but I will bite...

Tony Finau says hello. But I also wouldn't gather my golf swing knowledge from a football message board...

29 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I understand your feeling, but it's just reality these days.  Many top athletes earn big salaries, but just as much or more off their endorsement deals and appearance money.

The challenge for a young athlete is to keep focus on building success as an athlete and not get too distracted by success at building a brand and bringing in the deals.

Yes but the top guys that do do it without the nonsense, it's through their play. People get paid to be winners. The guys who focus on brands before performance do the worst in both.

Want to make Jordan money? Play like Jordan, the brand will come later.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, DrDawkinstein said:

You’re so cute, I was born 13 years after the end of  WW2,  moved out of my parents house when I was 18, made my own life, didn’t look to them to finance me.  I worked my whole adult life saved my money not living beyond my means,( no debt) got my first car when I was 34, only owned two during my life, currently don’t own one,  my environmental foot print is and always has been a magnitude smaller than yours will ever be,  don’t  blame everyone else for your own short comings, work around them, and get your generation to do something as a whole, your generation doesn’t vote, you do not take part in society in any useful way to effect change for the better. Prove the boomers wrong, I dare you, start by voting out the corporation first politicians, and stop with your consumer centric life style, that only plays into the hands of those that hold you in shackles. You likely have a hard road ahead of you, do something that helps your children’s generation, it’s not all about you, it’s all about your actions. I did my part, and still do, I chose an unconventional life,  never bought into the consumer lifestyle didn’t and don’t pollute my world nonstop, how about you, can you say the same?? Even now I live on a sailboat its a solar powered vehicle sun, wind, sails... don’t talk the talk unless you’re gonna walk the walk. And don’t make enemies of those that are your allies. And learn to laugh at yourself, it helps ones perspective. Yah, I’m old by your markers, but I and many like me where never the problem, the “Greatest generation” polluted the planet on s grand scale, and shored up the financial system that screwed me and you, the world is not black and white, it is s constant shade of grey young man.

• Like (+1) 2