So, Josh Allen threw a fan through a table

2 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

To me, it's Josh Allen creating a brand for himself that may create its own distractions for him as he progresses or even wind up substituting for progress.

Once he establishes himself as a top-10 QB, then Whatever.  His brand can be about "I'm a top-10 stud QB who wins playoff games AND throws fans through tables AND tries to throw the football out of the stadium" then if he likes.

Right now it's about "I'm not a top-10 QB contending for a championship, so I'll build my brand where I can - with stunts"

:doh:

Yup, it's officially Bills offseason

• Like (+1) 2

33 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

You’re so cute, I was born 13 years after the end of  WW2,  moved out of my parents house when I was 18, made my own life, didn’t look to them to finance me.  I worked my whole adult life saved my money not living beyond my means,( no debt) got my first car when I was 34, only owned two during my life, currently don’t own one,  my environmental foot print is and always has been a magnitude smaller than yours will ever be,  don’t  blame everyone else for your own short comings, work around them, and get your generation to do something as a whole, your generation doesn’t vote, you do not take part in society in any useful way to effect change for the better. Prove the boomers wrong, I dare you, start by voting out the corporation first politicians, and stop with your consumer centric life style, that only plays into the hands of those that hold you in shackles. You likely have a hard road ahead of you, do something that helps your children’s generation, it’s not all about you, it’s all about your actions. I did my part, and still do, I chose an unconventional life,  never bought into the consumer lifestyle didn’t and don’t pollute my world nonstop, how about you, can you say the same?? Even now I live on a sailboat its a solar powered vehicle sun, wind, sails... don’t talk the talk unless you’re gonna walk the walk. And don’t make enemies of those that are your allies. And learn to laugh at yourself, it helps ones perspective. Yah, I’m old by your markers, but I and many like me where never the problem, the “Greatest generation” polluted the planet on s grand scale, and shored up the financial system that screwed me and you, the world is not black and white, it is s constant shade of grey young man.

I guess that was before paragraphs were invented...

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 6

Does anyone else find this going through tables stuff by Bills fans juvenile? This is why we need a new downtown stadium to end this ridiculous habit and other similar aspects of tailgating. Start acting like adults.

2 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

To me, it's Josh Allen creating a brand for himself that may create its own distractions for him as he progresses or even wind up substituting for progress.

Once he establishes himself as a top-10 QB, then Whatever.  His brand can be about "I'm a top-10 stud QB who wins playoff games AND throws fans through tables AND tries to throw the football out of the stadium" then if he likes.

Right now it's about "I'm not a top-10 QB contending for a championship, so I'll build my brand where I can - with stunts"

But Lamar Jackson and Baker Mayfield are not top 10 QB's, yet both are establishing their brands: the former has a lucrative clothing line and the latter does commercials.

46 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

You’re so cute, I was born 13 years after the end of  WW2,  moved out of my parents house when I was 18, made my own life, didn’t look to them to finance me.  I worked my whole adult life saved my money not living beyond my means,( no debt) got my first car when I was 34, only owned two during my life, currently don’t own one,  my environmental foot print is and always has been a magnitude smaller than yours will ever be,  don’t  blame everyone else for your own short comings, work around them, and get your generation to do something as a whole, your generation doesn’t vote, you do not take part in society in any useful way to effect change for the better. Prove the boomers wrong, I dare you, start by voting out the corporation first politicians, and stop with your consumer centric life style, that only plays into the hands of those that hold you in shackles. You likely have a hard road ahead of you, do something that helps your children’s generation, it’s not all about you, it’s all about your actions. I did my part, and still do, I chose an unconventional life,  never bought into the consumer lifestyle didn’t and don’t pollute my world nonstop, how about you, can you say the same?? Even now I live on a sailboat its a solar powered vehicle sun, wind, sails... don’t talk the talk unless you’re gonna walk the walk. And don’t make enemies of those that are your allies. And learn to laugh at yourself, it helps ones perspective. Yah, I’m old by your markers, but I and many like me where never the problem, the “Greatest generation” polluted the planet on s grand scale, and shored up the financial system that screwed me and you, the world is not black and white, it is s constant shade of grey young man.

Are you auditioning for the OK BOOMER poster boy with this? 

Looking at the video, (1) Josh is having fun, so can we all just relax? (2) The guy jumped into the table with Josh's hands barely  touching him.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, DrDawkinstein said:

That's the whole point of why Boomers suck. You got them through parasite-ing off of the Great Generation's successes while selfishly trashing the future for subsequent generations, not because yall were somehow smarter or better like you all think. Everyone sees through it but the Boomers who love the smell of their own farts.

But I digress from the thread's real topic, so my apologies.

We all look forward to that die off, tho. ?

Wow. I'm a millennial, but this is some seriously ignorant trash spewing right here.

• Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Facts dont care about Boomer feelings. ?

Please share these "facts". You realize that every single piece of modern legislation for air quality, environmental protection, corporate regulation, gender and ethnic equality, etc. has come from the Baby Boomer generation or before, right? Millennials have literally done nothing to make the world a better place, because they aren't in power yet.

3 hours ago, chongli said:

Does anyone else find this going through tables stuff by Bills fans juvenile? This is why we need a new downtown stadium to end this ridiculous habit and other similar aspects of tailgating. Start acting like adults.

But Lamar Jackson and Baker Mayfield are not top 10 QB's, yet both are establishing their brands: the former has a lucrative clothing line and the latter does commercials.

Oooooh, that first viewpoint won't be popular here (I am not a fan of the "Bills Mafia" = "Table breaking" thing myself)

Lamar Jackson is a top-10 QB this year by ton of metrics.  Completion %? 9th TD thrown? 1st  Passer rating? 3rd  ANY/A? 4th.

About the only stat where Jackson isn't top-10 is passing yards, and one can argue that as the key player and leading rusher on this year's #1 scoring offense, he made up for that.  Pretty tough argument to make that Jackson is not a top-10 QB.  Lamar is 'Dope' and his clothing line is popular because all the young bucks want that swag to rub off.

Baker Mayfield is a case in point on the perils of building your brand before you've branded yourself with your play.  Instead of focusing on improving his footwork and other aspects of his game last off-season, he was busy becoming Mr Advertisement.  Right now his Progressive insurance commercials are on the verge of being laughable because instead of the duality portraying this swag-y guy who "protects his house" by being a tough competitor (but also by caring for plumbing and lawns), we've got this emerging Colombo-clone doofus who looks like he aged in Dog Years since the draft.  He's in danger of the brand driving his narrative instead of his narrative of successful play driving his brand.

Hopefully Josh takes a big step this off season and levels up his play, then it won't matter anyway.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

WHAT?

Not appreciating this.  No, Josh.  Just No,  Bad look. 

Celebrating an aspect of Buffalo fandom that's a bit reckless and does not need to be encouraged

And as for "would Mahomes do this?" um he's preparing for a Superbowl at the moment.  That should be the goal.

Please say It's Not So!

You got every single react. Congratulations 

57 minutes ago, Sundancer said:

Are you auditioning for the OK BOOMER poster boy with this? 

Looking at the video, (1) Josh is having fun, so can we all just relax? (2) The guy jumped into the table with Josh's hands barely  touching him.

I never commented on Josh in any fashion, if you where observant you would know that, you assumed, and you where wrong.

I commented on the cheap shot you threw out that had nothing to do with generational differences, only personal preference as to ones behavior.  

You’re still kinda cute with your endless naive perspective, oh and did you vote in the last round of local or national elections??? Or ever, did any of your cohort vote? How much consumer goods did you spend money on only to put most of it in a trash can with in a year ???? Ask yourself, do you walk the walk, it’s darn unlikely you do. You are part of the problem young man. 

3 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

I never commented on Josh in any fashion, if you where observant you would know that, you assumed, and you where wrong.

I commented on the cheap shot you threw out that had nothing to do with generational differences, only personal preference as to ones behavior.  

You’re still kinda cute with your endless naive perspective, oh and did you vote in the last round of local or national elections??? Or ever, did any of your cohort vote? How much consumer goods did you spend money on only to put most of it in a trash can with in a year ???? Ask yourself, do you walk the walk, it’s darn unlikely you do. You are part of the problem young man. 

This is hilarious. Falling 100% into the Boomer caricature.

This was all started with a couple of friendly jokes. But you took it real serious because youre easily offended. Just move on "gramps", none of us really hate you. We got better stuff to worry about.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

You had doubt?

I would not be offended if you wanted to delete every off-topic, generational-argument post in this thread.

Except for my first one where I booo'ed your hot take ??

Also, speaking of Offseason... are there Mod plans to allow Mock Draft posts on the Main Board after the Super Bowl? It's making less and less sense by the day to keep them quarantined to College Football

3 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

I would not be offended if you wanted to delete every off-topic, generational-argument post in this thread.

Except for my first one where I booo'ed your hot take ??

Also, speaking of Offseason... are there Mod plans to allow Mock Draft posts on the Main Board after the Super Bowl? It's making less and less sense by the day to keep them quarantined to College Football

Good question on the Mock Drafts.  After the Superbowl seems reasonable...I'll throw out a query to the Mod Hive Mind(tm)

• Awesome! (+1) 1