Bledsoe on Brady: "Thought he wouldn't be a starter"

People talk about not liking Bledsoe or Brady. Do you know which former NE QB I reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeally hate?

Scott Zolak. 

Anyone who doesn't know, he played for the Pats in the 90s before Parcells got there and was complete sh*t. His career totals are 8TDs, 7 INTS, 50 pct pass completion, 1300 yards.

The guy is now an analyst for the Pats games and he is beyond unlikable. Seriously, he's so arrogant (I've heard clips of his commentary on the Around the League podcast) because of what they became long after he retired. He's also supposed to be a dick to people on Twitter. Talk about living vicariously through the achievements of someone else.

10 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

Quite right.  I heard him interviewed by NFLR  sometime back, and came off that interview saying, thank god we were rid of him in two years.  He is just so full of himself, and the one time I’m actually happy for Brady.

...bet it took 'em three hours just to get to the mic......

• Haha (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Success said:

I certainly didn't think much of him in that 1st SB.  He had 1 TD, and basically 2 good passes - the one TD, and the one on the GW FG drive when Madden thought they'd take a knee and play for overtime.

Had the greatest show on turf showed up, that game would have been a blowout.  I wonder if/how that would have affected Brady's future. Probably not much since he's so driven, but one can dream.

It's funny reading the Pats boards right now.  They realize it's ending, and the most common sentiment is that it's perfect timing, because "all they have to do" is figure out some way to get Lawrence next year, either by tanking or getting a team in the top draft position to trade w/ them.

They have no idea how hard it is to get a decent QB.  It could be fun to watch in the next few years.

It will be interesting, I think a lot more for us Bills fans than anybody else. Not only did we live it ourselves (watching a perennial elite team erode as our QB retired)  but they're in our division and dominated us for 20 years. Unlike Buffalo, New England had little fan support prior. It is going to be a very sharp decline. Also not that scared of BB. He's damn good, but he showed plenty of signs that he didn't know what the hell to do this year when Brady was sputtering out. People site the Cassel 10-6 year a lot (see what Bill can do without Brady). Well, we will see. I imagine both are gone soon enough, but New England minus the greatest QB of all time is not New England and that statement is true if Brady plays for them or doesn't next year.   

Edited by KzooMike

• 3 weeks later...
1 minute ago, JR in Pittsburgh said:

Just finished Watching that E:60 on Bledsoe. I highly recommend it. He had a nice mention of really loving Buffalo when he played here. 

I saw this E:60 episode, as well.  It was very interesting, I came away with a new appreciation for Drew.  He could have been a real d**k and undermined the 2001 Patriot team, instead he was a great teammate and ended up being one of the reasons they won the SB (besides help from the refs vs the Raiders.)  Drew also hated Bill Parcells.

• Like (+1) 1

On 1/30/2020 at 2:58 PM, machine gun kelly said:

You mean Stonehenge.  Wasn’t that his nickname if memory serves.

It was actually funny to watch when the pass rush got to him.  Frequently they couldn’t get him down (because he was a statue!) and the play would be blown dead with 3 or 4 guys hanging onto him.

Sports Illustrated ran a story ~15 years ago about how Bledsoe punched his ticket out of Buffalo during the coin toss of that fateful game against the Steelers' backups.  Allegedly, the coaches told Drew which direction they wanted to kick & he instead chose the other direction.  The Steelers scored the majority of their points (23 of 29, iirc) going in said direction, though in all fairness, the Steelers had choice of direction in the 2nd half.  This is not to say that we would've won the game if Drew did as instructed, but it was another example of Drew thinking he knew better than everybody else.

5 minutes ago, Buffalo86 said:

Sports Illustrated ran a story ~15 years ago about how Bledsoe punched his ticket out of Buffalo during the coin toss of that fateful game against the Steelers' backups.  Allegedly, the coaches told Drew which direction they wanted to kick & he instead chose the other direction.  The Steelers scored the majority of their points (23 of 29, iirc) going in said direction, though in all fairness, the Steelers had choice of direction in the 2nd half.  This is not to say that we would've won the game if Drew did as instructed, but it was another example of Drew thinking he knew better than everybody else.

I have never heard this! 

I will say though that it seemed like the Bills were getting ready to move on before that season, as they drafted Losman in the 2004 draft. So it seemed like it was only a matter of time that Bledsoe would be gone anyway. 

4 minutes ago, JR in Pittsburgh said:

I have never heard this! 

I will say though that it seemed like the Bills were getting ready to move on before that season, as they drafted Losman in the 2004 draft. So it seemed like it was only a matter of time that Bledsoe would be gone anyway. 

True, though it wasn't uncommon back then for rookie QBs to ride the pine for 2-3 years before starting.  Having missed most of training camp & his rookie year with a broken leg, giving JP more time to develop probably would've been the sensible thing to do.  Then again, the drought era bills weren't exactly known for being sensible.

• Like (+1) 1