Who Is Your Least Favorite Bill of All Time ... and Why?

Gugny

Leodis McKelvin. No contest. I can't stand stupid and error-prone players he epitomizes the dumb but physically talented player that for years during the drought this team loved. Beane and McD are, thankfully, taking the smart, mature, emotionally intelligent, hard working player approach. Won't always be perfect but this league is littered with overdrafted physical freaks who could dominate in high school and college but lacked the smarts and work ethic to do it in the pros. 

On 1/29/2020 at 10:38 PM, Gugny said:

I just read the latest Sam Watkins thread.  Man, I couldn't stand that lazy piece of crap.

But my least favorite Bill of all time, hands down, is Doug Flutie.

Why?  He was a me-first, selfish player and a horrible teammate who divided the locker room.  A pompous, arrogant ass who had minimal talent.

People thought he was "a winner."  He was not a winner.  He was a QB with a top 3 defense who underperformed on offense, which led to the Bills doing nothing during his tenure.

Who is YOUR least favorite Bill and why do you feel that way?

Do we really need a new Flutie vs Johnson thread. And on Super Bowl eve?

12 hours ago, RyanC883 said:

I'm going w/ the guy on your avatar, Maybin.  Total bust, seemed to have a bad attitude.  That said, he should NEVER have been taken at 11.  

The avatar is an old joke I never changed. I made this selection after the Bills took Josh Allen. Its still TBD but I will make it whoever we pick this year.

• Like (+1) 1

Nathan Peterman, Jeff Tuel, Rob Johnson, Trent Edwards, and every other garbage QB that for some reason Bills fans fall in love with. 

The amount of brain cells I've lost debating about useless QBs...Arguing with fools makes me the biggest fool I guess. 

8 hours ago, Agent 91 said:

The avatar is an old joke I never changed. I made this selection after the Bills took Josh Allen. Its still TBD but I will make it whoever we pick this year.

Maybin was so bad...Totally forgot about him. 

On 1/29/2020 at 10:38 PM, Gugny said:

I just read the latest Sam Watkins thread.  Man, I couldn't stand that lazy piece of crap.

But my least favorite Bill of all time, hands down, is Doug Flutie.

Why?  He was a me-first, selfish player and a horrible teammate who divided the locker room.  A pompous, arrogant ass who had minimal talent.

People thought he was "a winner."  He was not a winner.  He was a QB with a top 3 defense who underperformed on offense, which led to the Bills doing nothing during his tenure.

Who is YOUR least favorite Bill and why do you feel that way?

Ding ding ding.  We have a winner. If we won, it always was "I" or "me" and, if we lost, it always was "we" or "us."  If you ever meet a Buffalo Bill from that era, ask them what they thought of him.  Never has a QB gotten so much credit for a great defense.  His sycophants always seemed to think that we played with 11 little Fluties on offense and 11 little Fluties on defense when we won.

To put the icing on the cake, he is friends with the guy who wanted to move the Bills to Toronto. 

e2e390904314169c9fbeb776f94528a5--fighti

His minions always seem to forget how this playoff game ended.

Edited by Peter
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 1/30/2020 at 3:11 PM, elroy16 said:

I always had a soft spot for Trent. I just started really paying attention and watching the Bills around then. My first Bills game was Bills at Washington when he dropped a beautiful pass to Josh Reed to put them in FG position to win the game. I thought we were set. I was so young and foolish. 

Peters' hold out pissed me off, so he's up there.

I liked Lynch, but then he kept being a dumbass.

I really liked Dareus and thought he was going to be a stud, then he kept fu'king up. 

Robert Royal is up there cause he sucked, his inability to keep his foot in bounds for a TD that one time sealed it.

I liked Leodis, but that GD fumble against NE will forever piss me off. 

I remember that pass to Josh Reed and had the same reaction to it.  Looked for a video of it a few years back but came up empty.  Was an amazing throw.

21 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Mario Williams was a 1st team all-pro as a Bill and averaged 11 sacks a year. It’s not his fault Rex thought he should drop into coverage.

Mario Williams was pretty great for us, until his last season.  Honestly, though ultimately they didn't win anything while he was in Buffalo, I consider that signing as one of the rare times we have "overpayed" for a player, and he met expectations. During his final season, I was positive his lack of production was the result of Ryans poor coaching...lie he was wasted.  The fact that he did nothing the next season, in Miami, now makes me think he just got old.  Can't hold that against him.

• Like (+1) 1

On 1/31/2020 at 5:04 PM, Fixxxer said:

Drew Bledsoe, the Patriots couldn't wait to get rid of him and Donahoe couldn't wait to overpay for him.

Didn;t work out well, in the end, but I swear, his first 8 games as a Bill may be the best stretch of QB play we have ever seen by a Bills QB in the last 45 years or....even counting Kelly.  

2 minutes ago, Buftex said:

Didn;t work out well, in the end, but I swear, his first 8 games as a Bill may be the best stretch of QB play we have ever seen by a Bills QB in the last 45 years or....even counting Kelly.  

I agree. The crazy part is if you exclude those 1st 8 games he was no better than EJ, Losman, Edwards, et al. 

After those first 8 games Bledsoe’s record was 18-22. He completed 702-1,213 for a 57.9% completion percentage. He threw 39 TDs and 38 INTs. Bledsoe was sacked 110 times in 40 games!!! He also lost 19 fumbles in those same 40 games!! He had 4 rushing TDs in that window. So to recap he had 43 total TDs and 57 turnovers!!!! That is an atrocious 2.5 years!!! He was NOT even an acceptable player after the first 8 games yet some people remember him as a star. 

• Like (+1) 2

14 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I agree. The crazy part is if you exclude those 1st 8 games he was no better than EJ, Losman, Edwards, et al. 

After those first 8 games Bledsoe’s record was 18-22. He completed 702-1,213 for a 57.9% completion percentage. He threw 39 TDs and 38 INTs. Bledsoe was sacked 110 times in 40 games!!! He also lost 19 fumbles in those same 40 games!! He had 4 rushing TDs in that window. So to recap he had 43 total TDs and 57 turnovers!!!! That is an atrocious 2.5 years!!! He was NOT even an acceptable player after the first 8 games yet some people remember him as a star. 

It was a dramatic descent.  :) 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Kirby Jackson said:

It really was. That’s why I shake my head when people try to argue him being the best Bills QB since Kelly. He was actually TERRIBLE aside from 8 games.

In his prime he was really good, but yes, we definitely got him at the end.  He had a great arm, and made some amazing plays with just his arm...but he would have needed the 90's Cowboys O-line to be effective once he hit the wall.  He didn't fare well with Dallas after his time with us.  Those first 8 games though...he really was spectacular.  That OT win over the Vikings was maybe the best passing performance I ever saw for a Bills QB, other than,  maybe Fergy going for 450 in Miami 1983.  

10 hours ago, Elite Poster said:

Nathan Peterman, Jeff Tuel, Rob Johnson, Trent Edwards, and every other garbage QB that for some reason Bills fans fall in love with. 

The amount of brain cells I've lost debating about useless QBs...Arguing with fools makes me the biggest fool I guess. 

Maybin was so bad...Totally forgot about him. 

We have had so much garbage. We havent had 1 good one in decades. Fitz and Tyrod were the best and... well you know how that goes. I just never understood what fans were trying to see in Trent. I literally would get pissed in conversations about how good he was before "the hit". He was garbage before, and scared garbage after. Forget 300 yards, 200 was enough for us to celebrate him. Nauseating to say the least

8 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

It really was. That’s why I shake my head when people try to argue him being the best Bills QB since Kelly. He was actually TERRIBLE aside from 8 games.

But as you pointed out all the other QBs were terrible too. No argument after first 8 games he was awful but you have to include those games when you compare him to all the others.