Who Is Your Least Favorite Bill of All Time ... and Why?

Gugny

From the the moment both were signed i hated Kevin Williams and Jim Jeffcoat, i really hate anything that relates to those Cowboys teams that beat us. Jeffcoat was an acceptable role player, that leave Williams as my less liked Bills player, he was everything i expect from him: a terrible third WR, and even worst as  punt returner

3 hours ago, Bermuda Triangle said:

Damn...forgot about Kiko.  He was completely overrated too.  In addition to being dumb as a box of rocks, he had maybe 5-6 good games to start his career, and was pretty scrubby thereafter.  But for some reason, he was thought of as being good.

Preach brother. He was just ridiculous. I was into him but not irreplaceable. He was Just Another Guy who fans annointed 

4 hours ago, BigBillsFan said:

Maybin and it's not close. 2nd was Whitner. I never liked the 1st round busts who acted like they were kings without a crown.

I will say - after maybin went to the jets and rex talked him up i began to hate him.  I think his career ended when he flew around the end and got de-cleated by fred jackson and thrown aside like a little kid.  

I guess he's like a teacher and artist in baltimore now.  So I can say it seems like he's a good person.  

12 minutes ago, dneveu said:

I will say - after maybin went to the jets and rex talked him up i began to hate him.  I think his career ended when he flew around the end and got de-cleated by fred jackson and thrown aside like a little kid.  

I guess he's like a teacher and artist in baltimore now.  So I can say it seems like he's a good person.  

its started for me when he decided to holdout for more money before his rookie season and then came into the season at 220 soaking wet and unable to even make the active roster.

12 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

But...his time as a Bills QB wasn't personal, I liked him a lot as a person, but hated seeing him as our starting QB because I always knew we would still suck, but not enough to get a good draft pick, and people here were going spew nonsense to spin him into something he wasn't. 

This was almost exactly how I felt about Tyrod. Although I think "hated" is stronger than my feelings were.

3 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

its started for me when he decided to holdout for more money before his rookie season and then came into the season at 220 soaking wet and unable to even make the active roster.

I never blame players for taking advice given to them by an agent who kinda... negotiates with teams for a living.  

Not eating/working out was on him.  Its one of the main reasons he failed.  Guy was an athlete but i don't think he really liked football much.  Pure speed rusher with no counters.

Seems like McD and Beane tend to value the football more than the 40 time and the bench press reps, which i appreciate.  

• Like (+1) 2

First: Kelvin Benjamin. Guy had all the physical tools and was a legit #1 at one point and refused to do any work to even stay in shape.  How could you throw away $20M plus in career earnings by not even going to the gym.  

Second: Croom.  Makes mistakes all the time which are totally unforgivable because his ceiling is so low.  Knox drops are easier to take with the ceiling factor. 

Third: Jeff Wright and Mark Kelso. Not that they were horrible players, just that a pro bowler in one of these slots would have brought home a Lombardi. 

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Charles Romes said:

First: Kelvin Benjamin. Guy had all the physical tools and was a legit #1 at one point and refused to do any work to even stay in shape.  How could you throw away $20M plus in career earnings by not even going to the gym.  

Second: Croom.  Makes mistakes all the time which are totally unforgivable because his ceiling is so low.  Knox drops are easier to take with the ceiling factor. 

Third: Jeff Wright and Mark Kelso. Not that they were horrible players, just that a pro bowler in one of these slots would have brought home a Lombardi. 

Benjamin was pretty bad in year 2.  He came to camp like 260 - not even remotely in shape.  So bad that they just flat out cut him midseason.  

I honestly never think in these terms. There are players I really like and others less so, but even if I think a player is bad, I don't put him in a "least favorite" category.  I think this kind of question fosters a form of brooding dislike that is unhealthy and sometimes unkind. I would never hate on a truly decent fella like Scott Norwood, for instance, who quite evidently took it very hard. Guy was clutch, but did not have a strong leg and never hit from that distance on grass. Bills partied hard and Belichick had an answer for an offense that was overconfident after smashing the Raiders 51 - 3. We were the better team and got outcoached and outplayed. It never should have come down to asking a player to do something exceptional given his particular skillset.

But if you're going to hate, at least be amusing about it. Gugny's good at it after a lifetime of honing his craft.

Edited by Dr. Who
  • Haha (+1) 1

15 hours ago, bbb said:

It seemed to me that Royal did that a lot.

Leodis - he did the one you mentioned - and then did the exact same thing vs. the Pats on a another Monday night game in 2015 

17 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Yep. Against KC in 2014. We finished 9-7 and missed the playoffs but would have been 10-6 had McKelvin not set them up in scoring range with a punt return fumble. 

My brain must have suppressed those memories or I was too inebriated to remember. 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Dr. Who said:

I honestly never think in these terms. There are players I really like and others less so, but even if I think a player is bad, I don't put him in a "least favorite" category.  I think this kind of question fosters a form of brooding dislike that is unhealthy and sometimes unkind. I would never hate on a truly decent fella like Scott Norwood, for instance, who quite evidently took it very hard. Guy was clutch, but did not have a strong leg and never hit from that distance on grass. Bills partied hard and Belichick had an answer for an offense that was overconfident after smashing the Raiders 51 - 3. We were the better team and got outcoached and outplayed. It never should have come down to asking a player to do something exceptional given his particular skillset.

But if you're going to hate, at least be amusing about it. Gugny's good at it after a lifetime of honing his craft.

it was Juice Era

a small slough of despond

some Knox/Cribbs years,

a huge slough of despond, best forgotten

Kelly Era

another slough of despond, best forgotten

Josh Era

image.png.5ee2e7cab025b57147401e7bd1e31304.png

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

This was almost exactly how I felt about Tyrod. Although I think "hated" is stronger than my feelings were.

Yeah he was nearly as divisive as Fitz was.  Although, to be fair, TT was better here than Fitz was.  Not much better, but at least made playoffs and didn’t give him a contract that made us stuck with him.

That was the best part of how they handled Tyrod, we paid him but did so in a way where we could get rid of him at any point if he didn’t take the necessary steps forward.  Handling TTs contract was one of the few things that Whaley did right as opposed to that utterly stupid contract the old guard gave Fitz.