Who Is Your Least Favorite Bill of All Time ... and Why?

Gugny

42 minutes ago, arcane said:

I may have missed an explanation as I haven't read every post here, but why does Chris Kelsay appear as often as he does? Just asking because I was a young fan when he was here, didn't understand much, and he always seemed fine to me. 

A lot of people didn't like his lunch pail.

44 minutes ago, arcane said:

I may have missed an explanation as I haven't read every post here, but why does Chris Kelsay appear as often as he does? Just asking because I was a young fan when he was here, didn't understand much, and he always seemed fine to me. 

As best I understand it, the hate is because he was overpaid and underproduced.   He worked hard, but never seemed to produce any influential plays.  Oh, and probably because we kept him around for a while because we never got anyone better to replace him.   So I think that gets held against him.   

40 minutes ago, arcane said:

I think it was a couple of things (neither of which were his fault):

1. Similar to why fans disiked D. Whitner, Kelsay was over-drafted. To make matters worse, Donahoe knew that the Steelers liked him, so he traded up into the 2nd round to get ahead of the Steelers to take him.

2. Related to the above, Donahoe over-sold the fans and media on Kelsay's abilities -- which inevitably led him to be a bit of a disappointment.

By all accounts Kelsay was a good guy and not a HORRIBLE player. He was strictly a role-player and not a difference-maker. Buddy Nix indicated as much when he signed him to a contract extension, referencing Kelsay as a "good -- not great player".

Justin Rogers.  I know it's not his fault he wasn't good.  But he was so clearly pinpointed and targeted and was just terrible.  It made me incredibly mad watching the game so I kind of hate him for it.  I remember being like the angriest i ever was at a football game watching stephen hill just burn him over and over again.  I know gilmore was hurt - but come on.  How could you not find ANYONE ELSE?!

Based on personality - McGahee.  What a jerk.  

1 hour ago, st pete gogolak said:

Torrel Troup because he was picked one spot ahead of a Hall of Famer at a position of desperate need and because NE had so little respect for our front office that they didn't even bother to try to move ahead of us and because I can't think of one - ONE! - play he made during his pathetically short career with the Bills.

Oddly enough - he had horrible back problems.  And the reason Gronk slipped so far, was because he had back issues.  

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, njbuff said:

So was Derrick Burroughs. ?

And there were 85 players take before Andre. ?

Honestly, I liked Burkett as he had serious size/speed but him and Kelly butted heads yet letting him go lead to us getting Lofton which wasn't horrible as the rest is history. 

Edited by The Jokeman

4 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

I doubt half the fans remember good old #85, hard to believe we took him before Andre Reed. 

There often has seemed to be the search for that "Big Receiver" that we so "desperately" need. Do you remember James Hardy - I think he was 6'6" with that coveted huge catch radius. It was popular back then to say that he ran like Frankenstein - although that may have been shortchanging Mr. Frankenstein's mobility a little bit. Let's hope that this years new crop of receivers doesn't include another swing & miss on a "big" receiver, just because he is tall.  

1 minute ago, The Jokeman said:

Honestly, I liked Burkett as he had serious size/speed but him and Kelly butted heads and the rest is history. 

Burkett was actually pretty good in 86 and 87, but the relationship went downhill when the Bills became a totally ball control offense in 88.

1 minute ago, Bulldog said:

There often has seemed to be the search for that "Big Receiver" that we so "desperately" need. Do you remember James Hardy - I think he was 6'6" with that coveted huge catch radius. It was popular back then to say that he ran like Frankenstein - although that may have been shortchanging Mr. Frankenstein's mobility a little bit. Let's hope that this years new crop of receivers doesn't include another swing & miss on a "big" receiver, just because he is tall.  

Of course I remember Hardy and hated the pick when we made it as he had red flags in the draft,  granted the guy I liked, Devin Thomas, didn't amount to anything either.

6 hours ago, K-9 said:

Do coaches count? I ask because it would Rex Ryan hands down. Lazy, no account, bloviating wind bag phony. 

I imagine a "least favorite coach" poll would be really close between Rex, Marrone, and Jauron.  A trifecta of incompetence.

• Like (+1) 1