Sammy Watkins 'scarred' by Bills trade, didn't want to be in Buffalo

HOUSE

15 minutes ago, Figster said:

Myself personally, If I'm the Bills GM I would explore the possibility of bringing Sammy back to Buffalo. 

Andy Reid made it a point to reference Sammy Watkins in his post game interview after the Superbowl. I think Reid realizes what he has in Watkins and finds a way to keep him in the fold.

He was a luxury to Reid.   It actually appeared that KC had relegated Watkins in the second half of the season........perhaps preparing for life after they cut him.

As far as bringing back former Bills that Andy Reid had success with I'd prefer Jason Peters..........who Reid once called "The Peyton Manning of offensive lineman" after he pilfered him from the incompetence that was Russ Brandon(who had the torches and pitchforks on his side back in those days).

Put Peters at RT on a one year deal and let he and Nsekhe manage the spot in rotation to keep them fresh and if Dawkins misses time you have Peters to fill that spot coming off another top 10 performance at LT.

• Like (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

He was a luxury to Reid.   It actually appeared that KC had relegated Watkins in the second half of the season........perhaps preparing for life after they cut him.

As far as bringing back former Bills that Andy Reid had success with I'd prefer Jason Peters..........who Reid once called "The Peyton Manning of offensive lineman" after he pilfered him from the incompetence that was Russ Brandon(who had the torches and pitchforks on his side back in those days).

Put Peters at RT on a one year deal and let he and Nsekhe manage the spot in rotation to keep them fresh and if Dawkins misses time you have Peters to fill that spot coming off another top 10 performance at LT.

Weren't we having the same conversation about Peters last year?

Are they really more willing to deal him now after Dillard’s relatively lousy rookie season and no Vaitai to step in?

I suppose they may be...

1 minute ago, thebandit27 said:

Weren't we having the same conversation about Peters last year?

Are they really more willing to deal him now after Dillard’s relatively lousy rookie season and no Vaitai to step in?

I suppose they may be...

He's a free agent.

I guess it's just assumed he won't change teams but he played for cheap on a 1 year deal last year.

52 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Sammy Watkins has the unique ability to stop on a dime creating holes in the oppositions D.  To me this ability along with his size is a good match for Josh Allens high velocity throws IMO.

On the other hand, having the elderly albeit Jason Peters back in Buffalo wouldn't hurt my feelings 

Edited by Figster

14 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

He's a free agent.

I guess it's just assumed he won't change teams but he played for cheap on a 1 year deal last year.

Great. Sign both Peters and George Fant and I’ll be happy with the RT situation. Ford goes to LG, Nsekhe is your game day swing OT.

Fant is OT4 and Bates is IOL behind Long.

19 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

He's a free agent.

He's going to go into the Eagles HOF. If they want him, he's likely to stay. 

58 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

You do realize the irony in offering Peters the RT spot, right?

21 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

Great. Sign both Peters and George Fant and I’ll be happy with the RT situation. Ford goes to LG, Nsekhe is your game day swing OT.

Yeah I've been intrigued with Fant since seeing him in that game against the Bills in 2016...........dude practically walked off the basketball court onto the field and was able to play some tackle in the NFL.     If the "standard", college-trained-for-3-4 years NFL OL is pretty much useless until year 3 then maybe a guy with no experience has the light come on in year 5 or 6?  

24 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

He's going to go into the Eagles HOF. If they want him, he's likely to stay. 

You do realize the irony in offering Peters the RT spot, right?

Yeah but do they want to pay him $8M-$9M after getting him on the cheap last year?

And I do realize the irony.........but this time you tell him ahead of time you are keeping him at his LT pay level.:thumbsup:

51 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

You think Peters would even consider coming back here?  Everyone that was here when he was here is gone now so.....maybe?

On 1/29/2020 at 7:01 PM, SirAndrew said:

Come across as immature at times, and varies from taking accountability for his career one day, to taking none the next. Good thing there are some legit playmakers on that team so he can ride their coattails to the big game. 

When I watch Sammy he does nothing for me. Good mits, ok routes, never breaks tackles or gets YAC. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Peters would be entering his 17th season!

Everyone just stop this...

We sign a RB in his 15th season, talk about possibly bringing in a TE with 13 seasons played, and now all hell breaks loose.  I wonder what House Ballard is up to these days...

• Haha (+1) 2