Sammy Watkins 'scarred' by Bills trade, didn't want to be in Buffalo

Man he was overpaid for production but man would they have won the Superbowl without him man while he has not had a great career man he has the man at QB now and here is sitting with THE MAN without his purple zoot suit talking football man.  Don't even talk about it man not retiring, but man he might just want to rest up and chill man look at options man. Man he might want to go somewhere else and be THE MAN and create another Super Bowl team man.

Oh I heard the Batman movie they are working on will have multiple villeins - can't you see Dieon in it with a Louie the Lilac cameo?

7ixfgpj53w7nju5rhoxm.jpeg

2 hours ago, Limeaid said:

Man he was overpaid for production but man would they have won the Superbowl without him man while he has not had a great career man he has the man at QB now and here is sitting with THE MAN without his purple zoot suit talking football man.  Don't even talk about it man not retiring, but man he might just want to rest up and chill man look at options man. Man he might want to go somewhere else and be THE MAN and create another Super Bowl team man.

Limeaid: I think you should "Man up"

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Teddy KGB said:

Kudos to Sammy.     Excellent showing in these 3 playoff games.  

Wake up Beane.   Y’all missed the bus on the Sammy/Zay shuffle.  

Sammy Watkins played his best football when it mattered most throughout the Chiefs Championship run.

With a player like Sammy in Buffalo its easy to imagine the Buffalo Bills advancing in the playoffs IMO.

Baked Beane brain fart on the Sammy trade... 

1 minute ago, Figster said:

Sammy Watkins played his best football when it mattered most throughout the Chiefs Championship run.

With a player like Sammy in Buffalo its easy to imagine the Buffalo Bills advancing in the playoffs IMO.

Baked Beane brain fart on the Sammy trade... 

The guy didn't want to be in Buffalo. Its not worth second guessing Beane or anyone else.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Needle said:

The guy didn't want to be in Buffalo. Its not worth second guessing Beane or anyone else.

Sammy didn't want to be in Buffalo probably about the same time he was given a heads up on a possible trade.

Right...

Myself personally, as the Bills GM I'm not trading a player the franchise sunk a fortune into for peanuts because a player is sad about not getting the football. This just in, great players want the football. Thurman Thomas wanted the football and became very disturbed about not getting it. Did we trade him?

It was a mistake...

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Jaraxxus said:

Sammy Watkins was never a true #1. Not here. Not in LA, and not in KC either.

If he'd stayed here, he'd have wanted to be paid like a #1.

Sammy would be a #1 in Buffalo IMO.

LA and Kansas City had solid #1s before Sammy joined the teams.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Figster said:

Sammy didn't want to be in Buffalo probably about the same time he was given a heads up on a possible trade.

Right...

Myself personally, as the Bills GM I'm not trading a player the franchise sunk a fortune into for peanuts because a player is sad about not getting the football. This just in, great players want the football. Thurman Thomas wanted the football and became very disturbed about not getting it. Did we trade him?

It was a mistake...

Sammy Watkins isn't a great player. I don't even think he loves playing football. He never wanted to come to Buffalo and has said as much. The mistake was drafting him and getting rid of him was the right move.

Thurman and Sammy should never be compared to each other. 

I also think it was telling that no players seemed to gripe about him being shown the door 1 game into the pre season. If he was highly respected, his veteran teammates would have had issue with it.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Jaraxxus said:

That's just creative fiction, sorry.

Watkins would do well in Buffalo for the same reason Williams had immediate success.

Size matters...

1 minute ago, Needle said:

Sammy Watkins isn't a great player. I don't even think he loves playing football. He never wanted to come to Buffalo and has said as much. The mistake was drafting him and getting rid of him was the right move.

Thurman and Sammy should never be compared to each other. 

I also think it was telling that no players seemed to gripe about him being shown the door 1 game into the pre season. If he was highly respected, his veteran teammates would have had issue with it.

Yet Sammy just spent the offseason working with Tyrod Taylor in an effort to build chemistry.

Go figure...

• Like (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, zow2 said:

As i recall Sammy was down on the Bills and Buffalo.  So McBeane did what McBeane does... they keep guys that WANT to be here and accommodate the guys who don't.  In other words...see ya.  

Jim Kelly didn't want to be in Buffalo once upon a time, but you know what?

I think If you asked him now he would tell you differently.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Figster said:

Watkins would do well in Buffalo for the same reason Williams had immediate success.

Size matters...

Yet Sammy just spent the offseason working with Tyrod Taylor in an effort to build chemistry.

Go figure...

Football is year round. Sammy working with Tyrod in the off-season is kind of his job no? I dont think that proves anything. He is a good player but not a great player and he didn't want to be here. You can wish for it all you want but the truth is it he wasn't going to ever work out here. 

4 minutes ago, Needle said:

Football is year round. Sammy working with Tyrod in the off-season is kind of his job no? I dont think that proves anything. He is a good player but not a great player and he didn't want to be here. You can wish for it all you want but the truth is it he wasn't going to ever work out here. 

I just think comments like Sammy doesn't love the game of football is pure speculation.

Working through the off season suggests otherwise IMO.

With all due respect Needle...

27 minutes ago, Figster said:

I just think comments like Sammy doesn't love the game of football is pure speculation.

Working through the off season suggests otherwise IMO.

With all due respect Needle...

A few days before the biggest game of his career he is talking about taking next season off to "chill".

What a gamer!

• Thank you (+1) 1

It seems a lot of people around here seem to forget KC paid Sammy $16m per year, insane deal at time he got it.

There was ZERO chance we were paying him anything near that, nor should anyone.  Beane already knew what they were going to be seeking and said so, and said he knew he couldn’t afford to resign him.  He literally said this was the core motivator in the trade, the inability to resign him.

Beane made the RIGHT and only choice he had, and he got pretty good compensation in return given what Sammy had showed the previous 2 seasons here.  

Sammy is soft.  I was one of his biggest fans, but he doesn’t have the drive to be great.  He has a ton of talent, and when be pushes himself he can do great things.  But he just doesn’t have that drive to do it week in and week out.  

We are in a great spot to add some serious WR talent in the draft this year, so who cares about Sammy who just wants to “chill” next year

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

Sammy Watkins 2019- 52 catches 673 yards 3 TDs

John Brown 2019- 72 catches 1060 yards 6 TDs

This^ Sammy had a great Super Bowl, but between injuries and lack of productivity (3 TD’s in week 1, with none the rest of the regular season), Sammy wouldn’t have had the chance to shine without his team carrying him. Hill and Kelce carried them to the postseason, and Sammy happened to step up at the right time. Take away Mahomes, Hill and Kelce, and who knows where that team would have been. Sammy played well, but take away all the other weapons leaving Mahomes with just Watkins as the number one, and I doubt they have the second seed in the AFC. 

Edited by SirAndrew
  • Like (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, SirAndrew said:

This^ Sammy had a great Super Bowl, but between injuries and lack of productivity (3 TD’s in week 1, with none the rest of the regular season), Sammy wouldn’t have had the chance to shine without his team carrying him. Hill and Kelce carried them to the postseason, and Sammy happened to step up at the right time. Take away Mahomes, Hill and Kelce, and who knows where that team would have been. Sammy played well, but take away all the other weapons leaving Mahomes with just Watkins as the number one, and I doubt they have the second seed in the AFC. 

He smoked Sherman yesterday a # of times.  In 2015 his last game as a Bill he caught 11 passes for 136 yards vs. Revis.  

He would have been the Bills #1 receiver in 2016 and a huge updgrade over the Bums the Bills had that year.  He was under a rookie contract.

I get it....  The Bills were so smart they traded him because if he put up big #'s they would have had to pay him, didn't want too and it was a win/win scenario.....

2016 and the 30th ranked offense put in pl;ace, so they could progress to 24th in 2019????

This coaching staff is too smart for their own good.....?