Sammy Watkins 'scarred' by Bills trade, didn't want to be in Buffalo

HOUSE

22 hours ago, Cripple Creek said:

Reid aught to sit his ass. He won’t be the difference between a win and a loss.  WTF talks like that at this time?

There’s a really good chance that this happens.  Usually receivers who have put up 400 yards of offense in the past 2 seasons of postseason play get benched in the Super Bowl.  Why would Andy Reid want to utilize the guy who has been literally the most productive postseason receiver in the league in the biggest game of the year, right?

• Haha (+1) 1

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001099825/article/chiefs-sammy-watkins-concedes-pay-cut-a-possibility

....Set to count $21 million against the salary cap with a base salary of $13.75 million, none of which is guaranteed....

For those who believe a complementary receiver who generated 519 yards and 673 yards along with six total touchdowns in 24 regular-season games in his two seasons in K.C. doesn't merit the money owed, Watkins noted he's worth more than on-field production. 

"I don't think numbers prove anything," he said. "Numbers are just numbers to me. Numbers may mean a lot to the world, but I don't think that proves what I do for this team. Me bringing the great energy every day, me being the person that I am...if you can value me off that, I think my value would be very high. I don't think my value is all off scoring touchdowns or getting 1,000 yards receiving. I don't think I'm valued like that. I'm valued off being around the guy, being positive, coming into work every day, being a professional. I think if you would judge me off that, you would give me the world." 

?

I

Edited by BillsFan4
  • Haha (+1) 4

13 hours ago, JR in Pittsburgh said:

this guy is seriously a joke. At least he didn’t make the usual decoy argument. 

No doubt!  Sounds like he may have taken a marketing class though.  I thought Mahommes was the Chiefs' no-so-secret sauce... maybe it's actually Sammy, bringer of positive energy.

He is such a weird player. 98 yards in the Super Bowl. Do you pay for that and his first round skillset even though he can disappear for weeks and genuinely doesn't seem very intelligent? I don't know. Maybe? He's coming up on his 7th season so he's never really going to be a #1 but he can be an elite option at times. I'll give it to him, Sammy is kind of an enigma at this point. I can't think of many like him - borderline 3 for weeks that can flash like a 1 in the biggest games.

14 minutes ago, Real McNasty said:

this thread is lame

u sound like a FOOL

Another idiot

Another fool

HOW many stupid fans do the Bills have?

Well ... you just quoted the same guy two times.

Sam Watkins is a piece of crap.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

This post season, he had 14 receptions, 288 yards & 1 TD, which according to the graphic in the video above, is the most yards in Chiefs franchise history.

He's right, had his ups & downs, and he never really panned out the way we wanted, but the Bills have a history of over thinking things & making the wrong pick in the draft.

We traded 2 x 1st round picks for him when we could've just stayed still & taken 2 far more productive WR's, just like we opted not to take Patrick Mahomes, took a bunch of picks & traded up to take Josh Allen the next year (when we could've just stayed in place & taken Lamar Jackson if anything). 

Amusingly enough, now they're both on the same team. Hell, we eventually realized our offense sucked so bad after trading him away that we lost even more draft capital trading away a 3rd round pick for Kelvin Benjamin hoping to fill Sammy's spot....that worked out even worse.

So I don't really blame Sammy. Not happy with him when he talks smack about the Bills, but the organization wasn't exactly known for doing their research or making the smartest moves.

Edited by BigDingus
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Sounded perfectly fine & yep a nice SB..... 

The point that continues to be hammered home was that they just tossed him away for nothing when 2017 would have been interesting to see what they had.

I hope John Brown builds in 2019 & we have a true # 1...

Edited by Billsfan1972

33 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Sounded perfectly fine & yep a nice SB..... 

The point that continues to be hammered home was that they just tossed him away for nothing when 2017 would have been interesting to see what they had.

I hope John Brown builds in 2019 & we have a true # 1...

They had a borderline number two wideout who got paid way more than he is worth.  Can we close this thread already?   

3 hours ago, BigDingus said:

We traded 2 x 1st round picks for him when we could've just stayed still & taken 2 far more productive WR's, just like we traded opted not to take Patrick Mahomes, took a bunch of picks & traded up to take Josh Allen the next year (when we could've just stayed in place & taken Lamar Jackson if anything). 

Wait .... really????

13 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

They had a borderline number two wideout who got paid way more than he is worth.  Can we close this thread already?   

I have liked to see him in the Bills uniform in 2017.

There was no reason to trade a productive #4 pick under contract, who had put up 1000 yard in 13 games in 2015.

4 hours ago, BigDingus said:

This post season, he had 14 receptions, 288 yards & 1 TD, which according to the graphic in the video above, is the most yards in Chiefs franchise history.

He's right, had his ups & downs, and he never really panned out the way we wanted, but the Bills have a history of over thinking things & making the wrong pick in the draft.

We traded 2 x 1st round picks for him when we could've just stayed still & taken 2 far more productive WR's, just like we traded opted not to take Patrick Mahomes, took a bunch of picks & traded up to take Josh Allen the next year (when we could've just stayed in place & taken Lamar Jackson if anything). 

Amusingly enough, now they're both on the same team. Hell, we eventually realized our offense sucked so bad after trading him away that we lost even more draft capital trading away a 3rd round pick for Kelvin Benjamin hoping to fill Sammy's spot....that worked out even worse.

So I don't really blame Sammy. Not happy with him when he talks smack about the Bills, but the organization wasn't exactly known for doing their research or making the smartest moves.

We gave up one first round pick the following year and swapped first round picks to move up that current year. We did not give up two first rounders as so many people like to say. 

1 hour ago, Billsfan1972 said:

I have liked to see him in the Bills uniform in 2017.

There was no reason to trade a productive #4 pick under contract, who had put up 1000 yard in 13 games in 2015.

The guy was coming off a year where he missed 8 games, had 28 catches for 430 yards and 2 touchdowns.   He played one full season in three years and liked to mope.   They were never going to pay him, he didnt want to be here, so why not get what you can from him?  Also productive is a very odd term to use.  He is the 8th most "productive" wideout from his own draft class after being picked fourth.  Below is a list of where he has ranked in Receptions, Yards, and TDs since coming into the league.  The guy has been in the top 20 in the statistical category twice in his entire career.   I guess you could say he is "productive" for a number three or four wideout but the truth is Bills fans just like to completely ignore reality.  Getting rid of him was a wise move.   He wont be in KC next year unless he takes a massive pay cut.   Sammy isnt some secretly amazing player that the Bills gave up for a bag of footballs.   There were plenty of reasons to move on from Sammy Watkins and I am glad they did.  

Year

Receptions

Yards

Touchdowns

45th

24th

35th

50th

22nd

17th

163rd

112th