Sammy Watkins 'scarred' by Bills trade, didn't want to be in Buffalo

HOUSE

1 minute ago, Ray Finkel said:

The guy has had a few good games since he left.  He is not a dominating receiver and disappears for long stretches.  Good trade for the Bills.

Horrendous trade to get him in the draft. 

Great trade to get rid of him

• Like (+1) 1

Funny how his career was "revived" by leaving Buffalo but his 2 most productive seasons were here. Sounds like it was revived by allowing him to coast on other players coattails and not have the pressure of being the #1 WR.  Maybe that's more his makeup...he can't handle the pressure of being "The man"

2 hours ago, wppete said:

Sammy is a headcase. 

Actually, he was more of a 'foot case'. Probably why Rex loved him. ?

2 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Oh there is plenty to be critical of........but the vague opinions of former players who left under less than amicable(read: "normal") circumstances is not one of them.

Everybody's feelings get hurt when they don't get treated like they want.

McCoy is the prime example.........all they did was throw money at that guy..........Rex/Whaley tore up his Eagles deal that still had 3 years left and allowed him to double dip...........then McBeane gave him $2M bonus in summer of 2017 to help sell "the process".    And he's still got beef with the team for how he was treated.    Whatcha' gonna' do?  

It will be interesting to see what Jordan Phillips has to say about the organization and this 'Process Regime' once the Bills decline to re-sign him. He's on record as saying that he loves Buffalo, the staff, and the fan base. Will he be singing a different tune come March?

• Like (+1) 1

What a non-story.  McDermott & Beane traded him in pre-season.  Why should he trust coaches that do that?

I don't see anything in the story that was not a fact.

In fact I remember them working prior to training camp.

https://www.newyorkupstate.com/buffalo-bills/2017/07/why_tyrod_taylor_paid_for_sammy_watkins_other_buffalo_bills_to_visit_offseason.html

4 hours ago, matter2003 said:

Funny how his career was "revived" by leaving Buffalo but his 2 most productive seasons were here. Sounds like it was revived by allowing him to coast on other players coattails and not have the pressure of being the #1 WR.  Maybe that's more his makeup...he can't handle the pressure of being "The man"

He makes no sense.  I was thinking the same thing. 

Now, he says he might take next year off to chill (after accomplishing so much?) or maybe create another Super Bowl team (like he's the one who led them there)

"But I'm really in a different space right now. I don't know what I'm going to do. If we win it, I might chill out. I might sit out a year. You just never know.

"Not retiring, but I might just want to rest up and chill. I don't know. I don't want to say I'm going to do something, but you never know. I might want to go somewhere else and create another Super Bowl team. So it's just all about how I'm feeling. I've got to sit down with my family, my parents and grandparents and everybody and just see what I want to do.''

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/28600847/chiefs-sammy-watkins-ponders-future-sit-2020-season  

31 minutes ago, bbb said:

Now, he says he might take next year off to chill (after accomplishing so much?) or maybe create another Super Bowl team (like he's the one who led them there)

"But I'm really in a different space right now. I don't know what I'm going to do. If we win it, I might chill out. I might sit out a year. You just never know.

"Not retiring, but I might just want to rest up and chill. I don't know. I don't want to say I'm going to do something, but you never know. I might want to go somewhere else and create another Super Bowl team. So it's just all about how I'm feeling. I've got to sit down with my family, my parents and grandparents and everybody and just see what I want to do.''

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/28600847/chiefs-sammy-watkins-ponders-future-sit-2020-season  

LOL create another Superbowl team LOL jesus christ

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, bbb said:

Wait.... what?? 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1

He must be a high reptilian alien wizard, he somehow got paid 34 million dollars for the last 2 seasons of average at best production. 1180 yds and 6 tds in two seasons with Patrick Mahomes at QB for 34 million bucks. His cap hit was the highest in the NFL this past season and the Chiefs have no interest in the last year of his contract.  He might just chill and create more Super Bowl teams. With all that money he should take a trip to the underside of the flat Earth and get some pictures.

Edited by Turk71
  • Like (+1) 1

...huh?..."sit out and chill"?....he's under contract for 2020......doesn't like rumors about possible pay cut, so NO PAY instead?.....

Chiefs' Sammy Watkins ponders future, might sit out 2020 season

Adam Teicher ESPN Staff Writer  3:25 PM ET  

AVENTURA, Fla. -- Wide receiver Sammy Watkins said he's considering many options -- including one where he would sit out the 2020 season -- as he contemplates his future with the Kansas City Chiefs.

"If it suits me and my family and [meets] my needs, for sure," Watkins said Thursday when asked about possibly renegotiating his contract as the Chiefs prepared for Super Bowl LIV against the San Francisco 49ers. "But I'm really in a different space right now. I don't know what I'm going to do. If we win it, I might chill out. I might sit out a year. You just never know.

Good lord, what a baby. I feel like the guy didn't wanna be here from day one. I remember seeing the video of him making his way up here after the draft and he was like, "Off to Buffalo, where I'll be for...the next little while, I guess." Didn't seem excited at all. Probably too busy thinking about his starship or whatever the heck he's into.

McCoy whining about not being traded makes zero sense. They cut you, which gave you the chance to sign wherever you wanted instead of having no say in where you went, ya big dummy. 

I think both these dudes would've pissed and moaned regardless of how they left the team. 

8 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

The quote in bold is what kills me. "Create another Super Bowl team..." ya, buddy, cause the current Chiefs roster surely couldn't have done it without your Week One 3-TD explosion...which was nice, sure...and then followed up with a disappearing act for the rest of the season. Dude didn't cross the goal line again until the Houston game. 

Man, I admit, I was a fan when they picked him. I was excited that they made the moves to go after the guy they wanted. Especially after years of the whole "We just gonna stand pat with our picks" BS that Nix did. Hindsight, of course, tells us that it was caca, but it was exciting for me even if for a minute or two. Now, I hope four passes bounce off his mitts and get picked off, and then post-game Mahomes kicks him in the jimmies for being a putz.

Edited by blacklabel
  • Haha (+1) 1