Sammy Watkins 'scarred' by Bills trade, didn't want to be in Buffalo

11 hours ago, SWATeam said:

100%

i assume his “not trusting coaches” comment is directed at Marrone who played him in the preseason with broken ribs.

And Rex who brought him back off IR when he wasn't right to try and save his ass.

7 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Image result for learn english

Yea.... even for an American Sammy's English stinks...... ;)

11 hours ago, HOUSE said:

Sammy Watkins, former first-round pick of the Buffalo Bills, said the team trading him in 2017 “helped him a lot.”

The comments about the team that drafted him went downhill from there.

“It left me scarred by just not trusting coaches in general,” Watkins told reporters via 13WHAM-TV during Super Bowl week in Miami ahead of Sunday’s Chiefs-49ers showdown.

https://billswire.usatoday.com/2020/01/29/sammy-watkins-scarred-buffalo-bills-trade-didnt-want/

Are you sure he didn't say scared? I think it's a typo.

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

True. I didn’t fact check this, but did I hear the announcer right in the AFCC game when he said that was Watkins first TD since week 1? 

Its true.  He also hadnt had a 100 yard game since then.  Hes had one 1000 yard season in 2015 and never eclipsed 65 catches in a year.  People want to believe he is a victim of circumstance, thing is when the circumstance changes and you get the same result maybe he just is what he is.   We are in year six of this thing now, despite being paid well he is a low level number two wideout who produces more like a number three.   He will be a cap casualty this offseason and from there who knows.

13 hours ago, Joe in Winslow said:

So: confirms what we all knew (or most of us anyway).

Sammy Watkins is soft.

As GrandMaster Flash once famously said:

"Step, step, step, step off, because ya gotta get lost, because ya know you're soft...uh-huh-huh..."

Edited by matter2003

10 hours ago, Utah John said:

There are at least two other former Bills on the Chiefs' squad, Shady McCoy and Reggie Ragland.  I haven't heard either of them say a single negative thing about the Bills or Buffalo.

McCoy was in a tough spot and things worked out great for him.  He was clearly on the way down last year.  No team wanted to trade for him due to the high contract cost he had.  Cutting him was probably done with his best interest in mind.  The Bills didn't expect to be a contender this past year, and letting McCoy pick his new team let him go to a contender, a plan that's worked out brilliantly for him.  The Bills handled that situation with class and respect, and I think McCoy appreciated it.  It's turned out that McCoy's decline has continued, and this is clearly going to be his last year before he retires.  He's not the kind of guy who wants to be a backup, and he's too professional to want to play when he can't play well.

Ragland was traded so early in his career and so long ago, and he's turned out to be so unremarkable, that no one seems to care what he thinks about Buffalo.  

Shady article - https://billswire.usatoday.com/2020/01/28/lesean-mccoy-buffalo-bills-not-honest-brandon-beane/

Ragland article - I don't have Buffalo News but there was a thread talking about his comments on the Bills 

13 hours ago, Just in Atlanta said:

He's in a better place and we are, too.

I look forward to him being scarred when we shut him down next year in the playoffs. 

Also, he's a flat-earther. 

That right there proves he is not to be listened to, with a brain that small there is not enough surface area to be scarred, flat-earther, to be that willfully stupid..., what a moron...

Edited by Don Otreply

13 hours ago, Chaos said:

Are you new to reading newspapers? 

Yes.

12 hours ago, NoSaint said:

do you always feel so persecuted?

Huh?

Because I expect more of a journalist than to bait someone into a predictable response so that they can point their fingers and say “Aha! Buffalo isn’t a great place to live, work, and play after all! If Sammy says it’s true, it must be!”

It’s stupid, lazy, and disappointing.Thats not “feeling persecuted”. 

He's my classic case of not drafting dumb and emotionally immature players, regardless of the talent, which in his case evaporated after college. He's averaging 3.3 catches for 46 yards per game since he's been traded. He simply lacks the two things everyone is celebrating about Kobe Bryant: a desire to be great and a work ethic to match. 

So it's on the Bills for drafting this clown and on him for not rising to be what the physical gifts he was given suggested he could be.

10 hours ago, Utah John said:

There are at least two other former Bills on the Chiefs' squad, Shady McCoy and Reggie Ragland.  I haven't heard either of them say a single negative thing about the Bills or Buffalo.

McCoy was in a tough spot and things worked out great for him.  He was clearly on the way down last year.  No team wanted to trade for him due to the high contract cost he had.  Cutting him was probably done with his best interest in mind.  The Bills didn't expect to be a contender this past year, and letting McCoy pick his new team let him go to a contender, a plan that's worked out brilliantly for him.  The Bills handled that situation with class and respect, and I think McCoy appreciated it.  It's turned out that McCoy's decline has continued, and this is clearly going to be his last year before he retires.  He's not the kind of guy who wants to be a backup, and he's too professional to want to play when he can't play well.

Ragland was traded so early in his career and so long ago, and he's turned out to be so unremarkable, that no one seems to care what he thinks about Buffalo.  

McCoy was running his mouth recently about how bad the Bills did him and how they should have traded him last year, Ragland stated he was upset the Bills traded him without giving him the chance to show what he can do.  All former players took there shots at the Bills.  Sammy should not have been traded up for.

12 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

I liked the trade at the time for excitement purposes but then grew to resent it because... it was just too much to give up for a WR. Then I hated the trade sending him away but grew to understand it. Oh well, players come and go. 

Same for me. I thought, ok we got a supremely talented player this is going to be great. Then seeing how OBJ, Evans and Cooks all did and passing on Mack, ugh what a terrible deal