Goodell comments on Bills stadium issues at Super Bowl media day

YoloinOhio

2 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

So make a stadium with nothing but corporate suites, that sounds like fun .

Yuck.  I was invited to a box in Pittsburgh this year to see Bills win.  Nice to have the amenities right there, but once is enough.  I guess I prefer being a commoner?

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Rochesterfan said:

He is speaking for the owners - his job as he did in SD, STL, Oak, etc - was to get in front and be the bad guy - warn those cities about what the owners want and put a threat of a move out there if they do not get it.  His job is not to make you feel good.

Notice how right afterward we hear the study is complete and they will be releasing it in the next few months - of course it is done - it falls right in the time frame Roger mentioned - coincidence?  Nope!  

They already knew the outcome - now it is Roger’s job to sound the alarm and be bad - put out a move, lack of competition, etc.  and then let the Pegula’s be the good cop and ask nice and move toward a public/private partnership to give them exactly what they want.

bull####

If the study is done you leave it to the OWNERS to speak about it, the team owners.

Roger is a Jamestown POS, zero class.

17 minutes ago, Cruiserplayer said:

The #NFL no longer seems to be pushing for a new stadium for the #Bills. A "significant renovation' of New Era Field is also acceptable to the league, per Commissioner Roger Goodell.

I think that's always been the case, it's either new stadium, or major renovations to the existing one, similar to GB, KC, CHI, etc.

somewhere... in a WNY gravel pit there are plain, ordinary pebbles that have existed for millennia as nothing more than sediment

But SOON they will have the honor of serving as aggregate for the concrete that will form the backbone of the new Bills stadium, and these pebbles will be witness to GLORY!

• Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, RiotAct said:

significant renovation = slap some paint on the concourse walls and upgrade the fixtures in the restrooms.  I’m down with that.

Well they have already done that.......

I would think with them not opting out of the lease they plan on renovating, and depending on the extent and proposed work, could try and do it in phases to not interrupt the team playing there. Or they could cut a deal to play in a nearby venue (Toronto isn't using the Dome for football anymore, Argos play in an MLS stadium, Hamilton has a brand new CFL stadium, Rochester has a dome). Size might not be an issue if the league agrees it's only for a short period, similar to the agreement to allow the Chargers to play in a tiny field til the new stadium is ready.

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Cripple Creek said:

bull####

If the study is done you leave it to the OWNERS to speak about it, the team owners.

Roger is a Jamestown POS, zero class.

You still can't understand how this works...when Goodell speaks, the owners are speaking?

How many more years does he have to be Commissioner before you get that?

14 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

No surprise there.  Cuomo likely told himhtere ain't no bag o' cash coming from the State for a new stadium.

Pegula, therefore,  is taking the less expensive route.  Nothing wrong with that.

On 1/29/2020 at 11:47 AM, Hapless Bills Fan said:

The Bills have to fix their stadium to his standards or what? 

He'll force us to move to Toronto? 

He'll stop scheduling home games?

He'll hold his face until he turns blue?

I mean, what happens if the Bills extend their current lease at New Era with only modest renovations?

Education please

grreat question.Would Goodell try to impeach pegula??

1 hour ago, Mr. WEO said:

You still can't understand how this works...when Goodell speaks, the owners are speaking?

How many more years does he have to be Commissioner before you get that?

No surprise there.  Cuomo likely told himhtere ain't no bag o' cash coming from the State for a new stadium.

Pegula, therefore,  is taking the less expensive route.  Nothing wrong with that.

Then Jerrah and HJ Bob can STFU. Is that better? Someone as pedantic as yourself should understand shoot the messenger.

I haven’t been to a bills game at new era/Ralph in quite a long time. But I have been to a lot of current stadiums and I know fans love new era however it’s not even as nice as some college stadiums. 
It is long overdue to build a new one. 
I see the pros and cons from both sides and it makes sense from both sides but it needs to be done. I hate to see ticket prices increase and food etc etc but it’s long overdue to happen. My opinion doesn’t count as much, I’m no longer living in New York, paying taxes, going to games so I fully sympathize for those it affects long term. 
I always liked the idea of a retractable roof stadium.
And in certain cold weather opening the roof for the hometown “advantage” 

Long time ago I wanted it moved outside Lewiston. From what I hear that area is now much more populated and doesn’t sound like it could survive the traffic. 

I can’t blame the league for pressuring for something to happen though. Pegulas can do whatever they want but long term a new stadium is better than doing more renovating.