Reggie Ragland speaks out about his career and leaving Buffalo...

eball

Is he a backup? I see him out on the field a lot every time I watch the Chiefs. And his quotes dont read like sour grapes. The Bills were a mess with Rex, that isnt a secret. He was scheme-specific and we didnt really give him a chance.

Why does everyone want to hate on former players on the Chiefs? This is a lot like when that jabroni made the thread bagging on Sammy Watkins for getting down when they fell behind to the Texans. ;)

• Like (+1) 2

I mean, he was brought into camp and given the opportunity to compete for the job. Lost the job to Preston Brown, who is terrible, and then got traded for a 4th round pick which helped us get a good TE who has the makings of a star... Not sure he was done dirty at all. He wasn't a scheme fit.

@Lurker and @DrDawkinstein you guys clearly didn't understand the context of my post (or follow up).  It would be nice if folks could actually read.  I didn't "hate" on Ragland and I didn't say he trashed the Bills -- I simply find it interesting how pro athletes' perception of what happened often doesn't match reality.

Just now, eball said:

@Lurker and @DrDawkinstein you guys clearly didn't understand the context of my post (or follow up).  It would be nice if folks could actually read.  I didn't "hate" on Ragland and I didn't say he trashed the Bills -- I simply find it interesting how pro athletes' perception of what happened often doesn't match reality.

If it makes you feel better, I was said jabroni that started the Watkins thread. I was just kidding with you.

16 minutes ago, eball said:

I can read fine.    Nothing Ragland had to say in the article was incorrect.    It matched reality perfectly...

23 minutes ago, Lurker said:

I can read fine.    Nothing Ragland had to say in the article was incorrect.    It matched reality perfectly...

He stated his opinion.  The "facts" are that he is a part-time player on an "ok" defense, yet he said the Bills didn't give him a chance to play (inferring he would have justified his draft selection).  I will politely disagree with your assessment.

16 minutes ago, eball said:

He stated his opinion.  The "facts" are that he is a part-time player on an "ok" defense, yet he said the Bills didn't give him a chance to play (inferring he would have justified his draft selection).  I will politely disagree with your assessment.

The fact is that McD didn't give him a chance, as he wasn't a good fit in his scheme.    Nothing I read in his quote says he was trying to justify his draft position.     All he wanted to do was get on the field and compete for a spot--which he did't get to do in Buffalo. 

What happened after he got to KC--whether as a part-time player or not (although taking 34% of the snaps for a LB with his speed issues is pretty good, actually)--is irrelevant, except for you reading something into it...     

His skill set is a horrendous fit for Sean McDermott's defense.  If he is a fit for what KC does on defense and he's still a backup, there is simply no way he could have been a contributor in what the Bills do now on defense.

3 hours ago, eball said:

You sound a bit sensitive.  Reggie Ragland, on a good day, plays roughly 1/3 of the snaps for a mediocre defense.  He's not what he was purported to be yet talked about how Buffalo didn't "give him a chance" to play.  He didn't bash the organization but his perspective on who he is doesn't seem to match reality.  That's the amusing part to me.

A guy who simply wanted more of an opportunity here?  He can't help where we drafted him or others' perceptions, and I didn't feel like he was holding himself up as some great player.  Maybe you did?

I don't know, maybe to you I am too sensitive but I just don't get why you have to look down on the guy?  He's not a super star but there's little demand for one dimensional run thumpers like him so kudos that he's managed to stick around the league and on one of the top teams.

6 hours ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

Ragland will be playing a lot in this game, he is good vs the run but will be targeted in the passing game. I think KC will be making a huge mistake if they sell out to stop the run thinking Jimmy G can't hurt them. Jimmy G broke most of Romos college records, he may not have the best WR's but I think he can easily put up 300+ and 3 TD's vs KC.

Personally I’d love all those pass catchers in Buffalo. Very underrated group. 

1 hour ago, TigerJ said:

His skill set is a horrendous fit for Sean McDermott's defense.  If he is a fit for what KC does on defense and he's still a backup, there is simply no way he could have been a contributor in what the Bills do now on defense.

This should be his take away.  Appreciate finding a scheme that got him snaps. He wouldn’t have made the 53 in Buffalo and Now he might get on the stat sheet in a super bowl. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Cripple Creek said:

I’m very meh on this.

Assume that he will be in the field plenty on Sunday though.

Not so sure. San Fran attacks the edges with speed. They might get smoked for 200 rushing yards if Ragland has to play sideline to sideline.

he is 100% an inside thumper 

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood