Family Dog (Pit Bull) Kills 26-Day-Old Baby

Gugny

I know people will defend the breed, maybe blame the owners, but I won’t even read the article. I would not want one within 100 miles of my family. I know, “they are so sweet”, but NO! They are too often time bombs. You just can’t hear the ticking. 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 5

3 minutes ago, Augie said:

I know people will defend the breed, maybe blame the owners, but I won’t even read the article. I would not want one within 100 miles of my family. I know, “they are so sweet”, but NO! They are too often time bombs. You just can’t hear the ticking. 

The statistics don't lie.  They are bred killers.  No matter how well they're brought up, or how wonderful the environment is, genetics are more powerful.  They all have a trigger and no one knows what the trigger is until it's too late.

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Gugny said:

The statistics don't lie.  They are bred killers.  No matter how well they're brought up, or how wonderful the environment is, genetics are more powerful.  They all have a trigger and no one knows what the trigger is until it's too late.

When is the last time you read this story and it was a Bijon or a Golden Retriever? It may have happened that one snapped, but you don’t worry that it could happen on a daily basis. If you have a Pit Bull it should be a concern at every moment. 

People will come here and argue for them, and they will be wrong. Pay attention and that is obvious. Bad stats will be presented, I’ve seen all this before. They are overly dangerous animals. 

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Augie said:

When is the last time you read this story and it was a Bijon or a Golden Retriever? It may have happened that one snapped, but you don’t worry that it could happen on a daily basis. If you have a Pit Bull it should be a concern at every moment. 

People will come here and argue for them, and they will be wrong. Pay attention and that is obvious. Bad stats will be presented, I’ve seen all this before. They are overly dangerous animals. 

Natural born killers.

People will come in and say how poodles and chihuahuas bite.  Yes, they do.  But they're not ***** piranhas.  

• Like (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Natural born killers.

People will come in and say how poodles and chihuahuas bite.  Yes, they do.  But they're not ***** piranhas.  

After I escaped from banking I got into a real estate appraising company for many years. Great deal, the happiest working years of my life. LOVED it!

Over 13 years, seeing 2-6 properties a day, with almost half having dogs....I saw a LOT of dogs. One time a guy (a stinkin’ Dolphins fan!) asked me if I had to go into the sunroom. Well, there was a 90 pound dog lunging at the french doors trying to get OUT of the sunroom to “meet” me. He said, “oh, don’t worry about that one, there’s one behind the couch who won’t let you see him, but he would kill you if he could”. I managed to see the whole room without going in. 

The only damn dog that ever bit me belonged to a friend of my wife. High rise condo worth a million or so, and she has two schnauzers, yappy little things! My wife wanted me to help her figure out what she should sell for, so I’m not even getting paid. Damn thing jumps up and gets me on the thigh, not tearing my pants, but breaking the skin beneath! Took all I had not to punt that thing off the balcony! She just kept saying “stop!”. I could have fixed that! 

• Haha (+1) 2

7 hours ago, Gugny said:

Natural born killers.

Exactly!!! They don’t just bite/nip; they latch on, rip, tear, and have no “off” switch. 

my little brother was attacked by a black lab when he was a kid, bit his face, arm, hand.  my pit and several other dogs were attacked at the dog park...that lab ended up getting put down.  frigging dog gave my dog an std!  

now why isn't this dog in the article called by the other breeds it was mixed with? since it was a mix

• Like (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

my little brother was attacked by a black lab when he was a kid, bit his face, arm, hand.  my pit and several other dogs were attacked at the dog park...that lab ended up getting put down.  frigging dog gave my dog an std!  

now why isn't this dog in the article called by the other breeds it was mixed with? since it was a mix

It happens with a lot of breeds.  My son was bitten when we lived in Florida as he was walking on the sidewalk, maybe it was a lab, I forgot.  

Nothing major just a scratch, we did report it though.  

i've know a couple of pits that have been very sweat, but those dogs just make me nervous.  that being said, i have a yellow lab, and labs are high on the list of dogs that bite...i do think that has a lot to do with how many people actually own the dog though.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

It happens with a lot of breeds.  My son was bitten when we lived in Florida as he was walking on the sidewalk, maybe it was a lab, I forgot.  

Nothing major just a scratch, we did report it though.  

It does happen with lots of breeds.  I'm sure there's an article out there about a beagle killing someone.  My dog was attacked by a golden retriever.  Do I think golden retrievers are killers?  No. 

It happens exponentially more with pit bulls.  There is not a close second.

3 minutes ago, teef said:

i've know a couple of pits that have been very sweat, but those dogs just make me nervous.  that being said, i have a yellow lab, and labs are high on the list of dogs that bite...i do think that has a lot to do with how many people actually own the dog though.

I think it's important (whilst discussing this particular topic) to differentiate between dogs that bite and dogs that maul/kill.

Edited by Gugny
  • Like (+1) 3

9 hours ago, Gugny said:

we have a family friend that was attacked by his pit.  i don't know how old the dog was, but he did have it since it was a puppy.  at the time his daughter was young, (6 or 7) and she wouldn't clean her room.  in a dad fashion, this guy raised his voice for his daughter to do her chores, and it was enough to set the dog off.  it attacked him and did quite a bit of damage to his arm...some permanent.  he told my aunt that all he thought about was how his daughter was going to watch him die.  he managed to get the dog in the bathroom and lock him in.  

no thanks.

Just now, Gugny said:

I think it's important (whilst discussing this particular topic) to differentiate between dogs that bite and dogs that maul/kill.

very true.  i've been bitten by a chow, (which are known to be aggressive) but it was a quick single bite to the hand and then just walked away.

Just now, eball said:

Until they're not.  I think that's the whole point.  What other breed presents as many challenges?

don’t know.  I’m not a racist who penalizes millions for the actions of a few. 

20% of all dogs have pit in them.    This is foolish.   

• Thank you (+1) 1