Bills potential interest in Pats UFA LG Joe Thuney?

YoloinOhio

29 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I think you are right there, and it makes my heart kind of sore because I really feel we need an OL upgrade. 

I really like Spain, but there 's a reason Tennessee upgraded for him resulting in improved run blocking.

Spain is solid and you can’t have a superstar at every position.... his pass protection is good but agree run blocking is average at best..

My perception is that Beane, McD and JA  like him and my off season FA prediction is he signs a 3 yr deal around $18- 20M.. that would mean Long is gone and gets replaced by an early Day 3 pick...

Also think they go with Ford and Nsekhe at RT in 2020 again..Hopefully Ford breaks through..

Edited by Aussie Joe
  • Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, Patrick_Duffy said:

Lol if they come to Buffalo they will finally get called for holding   ?

Look at Solder 

fell off the damn map, Giants made him the highest paid LT and one season later they’re going to have to switch him to guard and draft a guy

1 hour ago, WideNine said:

The Pats never overpay and they have always been able to turn middling o-line talents into rock stars. But usually their stars are not able to replicate the same success elsewhere. 

Brady usually gets rid of the ball quickly or throws it away, or in the dirt in front of him because he rarely if ever gets called for intentional grounding.

Their o-linemen usually do not have to hold their blocks as long. Also, they have had the services of arguably one of the best offensive line coaches still active last year to coach up a unit - Scarnecchia. Looks like he is hanging up the whistle for good this time so good news for Buffalo. He ranked right up there with the best in the business Hanifan, Bugal, the homer in me always though McNally was pretty darn good too.

I don't see the Bills getting into a bidding war for a guard sitting near the top of the FA pool, but who knows. I could see them going after a cheap FA someone like Van Roten because they take chances on players who are dinged up but were playing at a high level if they feel they can get them back into playing shape. He would come far cheaper than the FA guard top-list targets, and there is the Carolina connection.

There Oline was one of their problems on offense this season.

46 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

Beware former Pats o linemen. 

This. 

I liked Thuney coming out had him on my list of potential fits here when he was drafted and hated seeing him go to New England. That said, I have a golden rule of staying away from New England olinemen in FA. They are extremely well coached and play in a scheme with a QB who gets the ball out so quickly as to limit their exposure in pass blocking. The last two years the New England left tackle has got paid by another team in FA. Nate Solder has done okay for Giants but hasn't got near to playing up to the value of his contract and Trent Brown was such a tire fire at LT in camp that the Raiders moved him to RT for the season (where he was serviceable). 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Exactly,  we need a RT much more than a LG.  Stick Ford there and sign Conklin.

If we are spending big on OL this is the move I’d prefer as well. You can kick Ford inside and/or bring back Spain. RT has been the issue and that’s the most important OL spot to address this offseason IMO.

2 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

This. 

I liked Thuney coming out had him on my list of potential fits here when he was drafted and hated seeing him go to New England. That said, I have a golden rule of staying away from New England olinemen in FA. They are extremely well coached and play in a scheme with a QB who gets the ball out so quickly as to limit their exposure in pass blocking. The last two years the New England left tackle has got paid by another team in FA. Nate Solder has done okay for Giants but hasn't got near to playing up to the value of his contract and Trent Brown was such a tire fire at LT in camp that the Raiders moved him to RT for the season (where he was serviceable). 

Mostly right although Brown did make the pro bowl allowing only one sack in 11 games before he got hurt.  Buyer beware when it comes to Pats o-lineman. 

If we're going to go after an o-lineman I'd prefer Jack Conklin if the Titans don't resign him.

18 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Mostly right although Brown did make the pro bowl allowing only one sack in 11 games before he got hurt.  Buyer beware when it comes to Pats o-lineman. 

If we're going to go after an o-lineman I'd prefer Jack Conklin if the Titans don't resign him.

Yea Brown is serviceable at RT. The Pats got away with him for a year at LT with great scheme, a QB who gets the ball out quickly and actually by giving him some help with Thuney.

Did Ford ever play LG in college?

I've been thinking that if he were to move inside it would be to RG with Feliciano flipping to the left side.

All of Ford's reps were on the right side last year so wouldn't you want to continue his work there rather than making it more difficult on him. Feliciano when he signed was adamant he could play all 3 interior spots.

Edited by 2020 Our Year For Sure
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, 2020 Our Year For Sure said:

Did Ford ever play LG in college?

I've been thinking that if he were to move inside it would be to RG with Feliciano flipping to the left side.

All of Ford's reps were on the right side last year so wouldn't you want to continue his work there rather than making it more difficult on him. Feliciano when he signed was adamant he could play all 3 interior spots.

Yes. He played left guard in 2017 and 2018. Only moved to RT in 2019.

• Thank you (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

We are now in the “Authorized Pre-Legal Tampering” stage of the season. Where is Pegula’s jet??? 

I'm pretty sure we're not in that stage because the Super Bowl has yet to be played and the Chiefs and 49ers haven't signed their PS type guys to future contracts yet. 

Edited by The Jokeman