Texans name Bill O’Brien as GM

YoloinOhio

33 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

The thread is about Bill O’Brien getting handed the GM title on top of the HC title, the only one in the nfl to hold that prominent of a dual role in the league. Not about whether he can beat the Bills as a coach. Your responses don’t align with the topic people are discussing, unless you intended to quote someone who specifically thought he was a bad coach compared to McDermott or something. 

Oh please.  I’m an adult, your an adult.  So let’s talk like adults and attempt to be honest about the true motivation behind bashing of Bill O’Brien.  Anything less is simply disingenuous.  The root of the criticism from “billsmafia” stems from one area and one area alone.

2 hours ago, RalphWilson'sNewWar said:

I’m not gonna stop anyone related to a mediocre/average teams from criticizing  teams that are superior.

Its just a really dumb look for those folks.

Be as unimpressed as you want.  End of the day...O’Brien gets the win, Buffalo takes the losses.  But keep saying he’s bad.  It’s a “unique” look.

Actually your view is in the minority, but you can live in your little world were context and facts have no bearing...

4 hours ago, RalphWilson'sNewWar said:

I’m not gonna stop anyone related to a mediocre/average teams from criticizing  teams that are superior.

Its just a really dumb look for those folks.

Be as unimpressed as you want.  End of the day...O’Brien gets the win, Buffalo takes the losses.  But keep saying he’s bad.  It’s a “unique” look.

This makes zero sense to me. You are criticizing people for having an opinion about a team’s unique personnel move (widely questioned elsewhere as well) because they are Bills fans, and this team was (barely) better than the Bills this season? So anytime one has a negative opinion about a team, in your world,  they need to compare records first to make sure it’s ok? Can we have positive opinions about moves that “worse”  teams make or is that a “dumb” look too? Not everything that teams with better records do is good. Not everything that teams with worse records do is bad. It’s ok to look at things objectively.  And this thread had nothing to do with the Bills until you raised up O’Brien’s record against them as some sort of referendum on him becoming GM. 

Edited by YoloinOhio

5 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

The thread is about Bill O’Brien getting handed the GM title on top of the HC title, the only one in the nfl to hold that prominent of a dual role in the league. Not about whether he can beat the Bills as a coach. Your responses don’t align with the topic people are discussing, unless you intended to quote someone who specifically thought he was a bad coach compared to McDermott or something. 

O'Brien has been functioning as GM in all but name for sometime. He gets credit or blame for the personnel moves this past year. 

5 hours ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Agreed.  Can we write like adults?

I dunno.  Can u?

i juz playin.  Juz plying.  your alright mans.  Your alright.  Hey!  No hard feelings.  Jus messin wit you.  You alright!  Awesomeness!

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

This makes zero sense to me. You are criticizing people for having an opinion about a team’s unique personnel move (widely questioned elsewhere as well) because they are Bills fans, and this team was (barely) better than the Bills this season? So anytime one has a negative opinion about a team, in your world,  they need to compare records first to make sure it’s ok? Can we have positive opinions about moves that “worse”  teams make or is that a “dumb” look too? Not everything that teams with better records do is good. Not everything that teams with worse records do is bad. It’s ok to look at things objectively.  And this thread had nothing to do with the Bills until you raised up O’Brien’s record against them as some sort of referendum on him becoming GM. 

Just know where you stand.  Nobody looks dumber than a Jets fan criticizing Bill Belichick on how to run the Patriots.  Unless, it’s a Bills fan telling Bill Belichick how to run the Patriots.

Usually when you're about to hand a QB a huge contract and have zero first round picks the next two seasons it doesn't end well long term.  Texans defense is average at best losing talents like Clowney and the Honey Badger.  How much longer does JJ Watt have?  I just see their ceiling as a divisional round team at best before regressing in a couple of years.  BOB will be gone by then as he's a so so coach.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, RalphWilson'sNewWar said:

Just know where you stand.  Nobody looks dumber than a Jets fan criticizing Bill Belichick on how to run the Patriots.  Unless, it’s a Bills fan telling Bill Belichick how to run the Patriots.

You are a sad little dude. 

On 1/28/2020 at 4:06 PM, Hapless Bills Fan said:

So now will he be the DC as well?

He promoted Anthony Weaver to be DC.  Posters from our area know this name well as he grew up in Saratoga Springs.  Played at Notre Dame and in the NFL as a d-lineman and was an assistant with the Bills for a short time.  He was the Texans D-line coach the last three years.

On 1/28/2020 at 7:52 PM, The Frankish Reich said:

No! Because the only mistake that keeps on giving is the one you refuse to cut your losses on. In retrospect that "trade" of Osweiler to Cleveland was brilliant.

Look, here's the point I'm trying to make on O'Brien: 

- made the playoffs in 4 out of 6 years

- won a game in the playoffs in a couple of those years

If McDermott's Bills make the playoffs in the next 2 seasons and actually win a game in each, we'll be applauding his contract extension.

Brilliant for whom? Cleveland got Nick Chubb out of that deal. What did Houston get? LT Julién Davenport in the 4th who was so good they sent him to Miami, along with THREE high draft picks and another player to obtain an actual LT. 

When they hang ‘His Excellency, President for Life, Field Marshal Al Hadji Doctor Bill O’Brien Dada, VC, DSO, MC, Lord of All the Beasts of the Earth and Fishes of the Seas and Conqueror of the British Empire in Africa in General and Uganda in Particular’, on him as a title, then I will be impressed.  ?

8 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Brilliant for whom? Cleveland got Nick Chubb out of that deal. What did Houston get? LT Julién Davenport in the 4th who was so good they sent him to Miami, along with THREE high draft picks and another player to obtain an actual LT. 

I forgot. Nick Chubb led the Browns to a playoff victory. Sorry.