Patriots lose their OL coach again - Dante Scarnecchia retires again

MAJBobby

1 hour ago, arcane said:

Lazy take. He's outstanding. NE was top 2 this year (not number 1) in fewest holding penalties called against them, but was only 20th the year before. 

In 2017 they were 10th, in 2016 they were 27th.

So the league can only go one year at a time having the spine to call penalties on them before Kraft chews them out and they back off the following year.

2 hours ago, arcane said:

Lazy take. He's outstanding. NE was top 2 this year (not number 1) in fewest holding penalties called against them, but was only 20th the year before. 

The fewest holding penalties had nothing to do with coaching.   The fix was in!

It is SO over, Johnny.

I know we're all conditioned w/ the "I'll believe it when I see it," but the Pats are having a terrible offseason, and a declining Brady is going to be 43 - if he even returns to that team.

Laugh, call me a crazy dreamer - the Patriots will finish 3rd in the AFC East next year.  Oh, how the turntables.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, arcane said:

Exactly, so they found a coach who was better at teaching how to hold. Thanks for proving my point dog.

That’s a HUGE loss. Belichick had to beg him to come out of retirement and save their o line. He is (was) the best o line coach in the NFL in my opinion. 

2 hours ago, Success said:

It is SO over, Johnny.

I know we're all conditioned w/ the "I'll believe it when I see it," but the Pats are having a terrible offseason, and a declining Brady is going to be 43 - if he even returns to that team.

Laugh, call me a crazy dreamer - the Patriots will finish 3rd in the AFC East next year.  Oh, how the turntables.

?  ?

Edited by BillsFan4
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Bangarang said:

That’s actually a pretty significant loss to the coaching staff

Yeah, it really is. The Pats have always had really good OLs without committing as many resources to the OL as you'd expect from their performance. They've always out-performed and over-achieved and Scarnecchia is a lot of the reason for that.

Good luck to him in retirement, but I'm happy to see this.

Edited by Thurman#1
  • Like (+1) 1