LeSean McCoy wants to retire an Eagle

sunshynman

8 hours ago, BuffaloBillies said:

Here comes the ceremonial $1 contract with Filthadelphia

Don't forget the ceremonial "please fill this cup" for the piss test.

7 hours ago, Coach Tuesday said:

More interesting is his comment that he was trying to leave and they wouldn't let him.  Wonder if that went back to 2018.

When players are leaving are they offering to give back portions of signing bonuses?

If not they are not trying hard.

6 hours ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

Most likely he's not on the Chief active roster for 2020 or any other team.  This might be his last chance for a ring.    If he gets it or not it won't make a difference to me and I hold no ill will toward the guy.  My focus is on the Bills going forward. 

I think there is enough respect for McCoy still to get on a roster during training camp.  Whether he gets high enough offer or stays on a roster is another issue.  Ideally for him the Eagles would lose a back between draft and training camp.

3 hours ago, Formerly Allan in MD said:

This is newsworthy?

Newsworthy enough for you to make a reply.

3 hours ago, dave mcbride said:

My guess is that a spread like that is pretty typical given that passing plays generate more yards per play but at a higher risk. That's why fumbling is so unacceptable now - you're accepting you're going to get fewer yards through running, so you better not turn it over. Back in the old days, the great RBs fumbled at a rate between 2.5 and 3 percent (OJ, Franco Harris, Dorsett, Jim Brown ...). No one does now. If they did, they'd be out of the league.

Singletary was 2.6%

16 hours ago, wagon127 said:

Frank Gore had a better year too. That says alot. The chiefs have needed their best players on the field the last 2 weeks, and Reid hasnt had him touch the football once, and only played 1 snap.

Unfortunately older RBs tend to ware down towards the end of the season.  I believe you will see him in the SB.  He will likely be well rested.

Edited by formerlyofCtown
  • Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Using overall ypc like you did the Chiefs and Rams tied for the biggest spread in the NFL at 2.0................so the Chiefs spread was unusually high.

Tampa Bay’s was over 2.0. Basically, if the qb has a high ypa rate, then the spread will be bigger. 4.2 ypc is upper end.

12 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

Singletary was 2.6%

Yeah, it was really bad - worst in the league with backs over 100 touches, if memory serves. Chris Carson led all backs wit 7 fumbles, but fumbled at a 2.2 percent rate (still bad). That said, Singletary was a rookie with a rep for not fumbling in college. If he contnues to fumble at that rate, he won’t be a Bill for long.

Edited by dave mcbride
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, dave mcbride said:

Tampa Bay’s was over 2.0. Basically, if the qb has a high ypa rate, then the spread will be bigger. 4.2 ypc is upper end.

Yeah, it was really bad - worst in the league with backs over 100 touches, if memory serves. Chris Carson led all backs wit 7 fumbles, but fumbled at a 2.2 percent rate (still bad). That said, Singletary was a rookie with a rep for not fumbling in college. If he contnues to fumble at that rate, he won’t be a Bill for long.

No 4.2 ypc is not upper end............it was only good for 20th best in the NFL this year...........definitely a far cry from the top which was Baltimore at 5.5.

I don't know if the spread between ypp and ypc is all that telling as a stand alone but what you do see is that the other teams at the upper end of that split threw the ball A LOT more than the Chiefs...........which inevitably raises their yards per play.......that's a statistical given.   Those teams struggled and found themselves behind by a lot or in shootouts often.

Interestingly the Chiefs were only 15th in pass attempts on the season so contrary to some of the suppositions made earlier........their ypp isn't really loaded by Mahomes pass volume.

They were just explosive in the pass game when they threw which kept defenses on their heels and they were then able to stay more balanced because they weren't playing from behind a lot.............which helped mask one of the least desirable RB tandems in the NFL.   

24 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

No 4.2 ypc is not upper end............it was only good for 20th best in the NFL this year...........definitely a far cry from the top which was Baltimore at 5.5.

I don't know if the spread between ypp and ypc is all that telling as a stand alone but what you do see is that the other teams at the upper end of that split threw the ball A LOT more than the Chiefs...........which inevitably raises their yards per play.......that's a statistical given.   Those teams struggled and found themselves behind by a lot or in shootouts often.

Interestingly the Chiefs were only 15th in pass attempts on the season so contrary to some of the suppositions made earlier........their ypp isn't really loaded by Mahomes pass volume.

They were just explosive in the pass game when they threw which kept defenses on their heels and they were then able to stay more balanced because they weren't playing from behind a lot.............which helped mask one of the least desirable RB tandems in the NFL.   

You are right about 4.2 being middling. In my sampling, I seemed to randomly pick the teams below them at a disproportionate rate. I do disagree about the ypp being higher for bad teams because the bad teams - i.e., the Bengals, Redskins, etc.  -- had such bad ypa numbers that it dramatically affects averages w/regard to yards per play. TB had an explosive offense that put up a ton of yards, and that happened in games they won and lost. https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/stat/yards-per-pass-attempt

Interestingly, Chicago was worst in the league. They spent a second overall pick on Trubisky with Mahomes (KC finished second) and Watson (Houston finished 12th) on the board. My word.  I won't call him a bust yet because he has talent and is still young, but the early returns are not good. 

On 1/28/2020 at 9:58 AM, C.Biscuit97 said:

Are we sure Gore had a better year?  He averaged 3.6 ypc and 2 tds.  Shady averaged 4.6 ypc (I m honestly shocked by that) and had 4 tds.  I don’t know if there is more to the story but when given carries, he’s actually been fairly productive. 

I think Andy Reid was smart enough to bench him, and play him significantly less as the season went on. The Bills stubbornly kepy using Gore more then they should, which killed Gore's average.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, wagon127 said:

I think Andy Reid was smart enough to bench him, and play him significantly less as the season went on. The Bills stubbornly kepy using Gore more then they should, which killed Gore's average.

After 5 games Gore was averaging about 4.5 ypc...........but he was on a pace for a ridiculous 240+ carries.

He did the heavy lifting for the team at a high level to get them out to the 5-1 start which got them to the playoffs.   

He deserves A LOT more credit than he's gotten.

• Like (+1) 3

3 hours ago, dave mcbride said:

You are right about 4.2 being middling. In my sampling, I seemed to randomly pick the teams below them at a disproportionate rate. I do disagree about the ypp being higher for bad teams because the bad teams - i.e., the Bengals, Redskins, etc.  -- had such bad ypa numbers that it dramatically affects averages w/regard to yards per play. TB had an explosive offense that put up a ton of yards, and that happened in games they won and lost. https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/stat/yards-per-pass-attempt

Interestingly, Chicago was worst in the league. They spent a second overall pick on Trubisky with Mahomes (KC finished second) and Watson (Houston finished 12th) on the board. My word.  I won't call him a bust yet because he has talent and is still young, but the early returns are not good. 

I'm not expecting to see much of the Chiefs running game Sunday.

The parallels between this 49ers/Chiefs SB and SB XIX between 15-1 49ers and 14-2 Dolphins are pretty striking to me............the Niners being the better overall team with the great defensive front and outstanding but underrated QB and better run game..............and the Chiefs with the league's best passer at QB with the big name receiving threats and the flawed but recently successful defense that's not unlike that Dolphins "Killer B's" defense.

• Like (+1) 1

“I feel like winning a Super Bowl is like a lifetime thing. Come on? How many great players that haven’t been here, some that haven’t won. So I’m excited. I’m not going to complain. I can’t be selfish. This is probably the first time I’ve ever been in a situation where it was like this is bigger than Shady McCoy.”

And that’s why he was cut when it became clear that he wasn’t going to be the clear cut #1 RB anymore. 

3 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

Shady on Bills Fans

I hold no grudge against McCoy. No issue with his time here. He was a star for the Bills for a while there. Super fun to watch. 

I totally understand why he wants to retire an Eagle.

1 hour ago, BADOLBILZ said:

I'm not expecting to see much of the Chiefs running game Sunday.

The parallels between this 49ers/Chiefs SB and SB XIX between 15-1 49ers and 14-2 Dolphins are pretty striking to me............the Niners being the better overall team with the great defensive front and outstanding but underrated QB and better run game..............and the Chiefs with the league's best passer at QB with the big name receiving threats and the flawed but recently successful defense that's not unlike that Dolphins "Killer B's" defense.

I brought up that 1984 SB with a colleague at work earlier today when he asked my thoughts on the game!  Worth noting that Garrapolo has a lot of SB prep experience too. He didn't play, of course, but he's been to a couple of them and you know BB had him ready if duty had called.

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, dave mcbride said:

That said, Singletary was a rookie with a rep for not fumbling in college. If he contnues to fumble at that rate, he won’t be a Bill for long.

In college he could get away with his moves without most being able to recover.  In the league he's still slippery, but there is always someone on their way, fast enough to get back in the play and poke at the rock.  And sometimes making those moves loosens the grip on the ball slightly, but enough to get it knocked out if a back is unsuspecting; and 26 has never had to suspect a defender is getting back in a play after he shakes two or three of them.

• Like (+1) 1

Sorry if this was already posted.

https://billswire.usatoday.com/2020/01/28/lesean-mccoy-buffalo-bills-not-honest-brandon-beane/

Despite understanding, McCoy explained he still wasn’t completely happy how things went down.

“I just wish they would have been more honest, because I was trying to get out of there,” McCoy said. “So it was weird. So many things entered my mind.”

The running back explained he was getting phone calls from teams and others around the NFL tying to trade for him starting around the 2018 trade deadline.