LeSean McCoy wants to retire an Eagle

sunshynman

5 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Chip traded a still in prime McCoy for measly Kiko.  I’d say that’s blame worthy.

why wouldn’t he want to retire an eagle in his home town, where he was drafted, where he played most of his career and where he had his three top seasons. 

if he wanted to retire a Bill it would be odd. 

One of the best trades in Bills’ history.  

• Like (+1) 2

I don't blame him. That's his hometown team and that's where he had his best years.

As for his anger about being traded for a bag of peanuts, I know what it's like to be mistreated by an employer after years of dedicated service, but I recognize the difference between the organization that treated me well for the bulk of my time there and a certain executive who tried to screw me over. Shady is mature enough to see that too.

44 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I think, read carefully, he is talking about different things.  Recall that there were rumors about McCoy as a trade target the previous year, in 2018 near the trade deadline.  McCoy says his agent was fielding calls.  Allen was injured and Peterman/Derek Anderson were starting; the OL sucked; we'd lost several in a row.  Teams were keying off McCoy and he was gaining  0.5, 1.1, 1.0 ypa.  Had to be pretty miserable for him.  Then Allen returned and business picked up for him.

This summer after TC though, I don't think the Bills were fielding trade calls.

Yes, I understand the difference between 2018 and 2019 but the Bills' reassurances in 2018 led him to believe he would be a part of the 2019 squad, thus the cut was a surprise.

“I feel like winning a Super Bowl is like a lifetime thing. Come on? How many great players that haven’t been here, some that haven’t won. So I’m excited. I’m not going to complain. I can’t be selfish. This is probably the first time I’ve ever been in a situation where it was like this is bigger than Shady McCoy.

The ego on this guy, jeez...

edit:  honestly, I enjoyed watching him when he was on the Bills.  But I'm kind of glad that he doesn't consider Buffalo his home or want to retire as a Bill.. because I don't think he would be a good representative of our area

Edited by berg1029

1 hour ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Are we sure Gore had a better year?  He averaged 3.6 ypc and 2 tds.  Shady averaged 4.6 ypc (I m honestly shocked by that) and had 4 tds.  I don’t know if there is more to the story but when given carries, he’s actually been fairly productive. 

Shady had 646 yards and 5 TDs on 129 touches (5.0 yards per touch), and Gore had 699 yards and 2 TDs on 179 touches (3.9 ypt).

This is exactly why he was cut. It wasn’t about money. It was because he couldn’t accept his own decline. He wouldn’t have been able to accept giving Singletary more carries. He wouldn’t have been able to be a “role player.” The Bills knew that, and didn’t want to deal with him having any kind of negative impact on singletary. 

The Buffalo thing was, ah, a money thing,” McCoy said. “We had (training) camp. I was better than guys they had in camp, you know what I mean? So that wasn't it. But it was a money thing. That was cool. I understand. It's a business. I just wish they would have been more honest, because I was trying to get out of there, and it's like, you handcuffed me, and then, when I guess the rookie was good enough that he could replace me in some way ... ”

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

More interesting is his comment that he was trying to leave and they wouldn't let him.  Wonder if that went back to 2018.

McCoy’s frustration with the Bills dated back to the 2018 trade deadline. With the Bills sputtering in the standings, McCoy was the source of plenty of trade rumors.

“My agent was getting a million calls,” McCoy said Monday. “I went to coach and said, ‘Hey man, what are we doing? You know, we're losing. It just was up and down. Are we rebuilding?’ If so, then let me roll. I'm older, I want to get a ring. … That's kind of how it happened.”

They shut it down, the trades. Then they cut me,” he said. “So it was weird. So many things entered my mind. I could have kept the contract, I could have played for this team. But it brought me here. It is what it is.”

What he isn’t understanding is that they didn’t have his replacement yet in 2018. And they weren’t out of the playoffs at the trade deadline. 

7 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

"Better than the guys they had in camp."

No, Shady, sadly you weren't.

You are old and have lost a step.

Thanks for your time here, and you're entitled to your entirely wrong opinion.

He can’t process that. He still thought he was “the man”. He was saying it all the way up until he was cut. He isn’t playing for the chiefs, he’s behind Damien Williams who was a UDFA  nobody before going there,  and Darwin Thompson, a 6th rd rookie. so maybe it will sink in. 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 2

He looked like arguably the best back in preseason. Clearly Singletary was better once the real games started. It was definitely odd the way things played out. They clearly had no intention of keeping him when they signed Gore and Yeldon. They probably actually kept him around in case one of those guys got injured during preseason. Kind of a cold move from the Bills FO, but they did at least let him get to KC and Reid.

Edited by Troll Toll

Just now, Troll Toll said:

He looked like arguably the best back in preseason. Clearly Singletary was better once the real games started. It was definitely odd the way things played out. They clearly had no intention of keeping him when they signed Gore and Yeldon. They probably actually kept him around in case one of those guys got injures during preseason. Kind of a cold move from the Bills FO, but they did at least let him get to KC and Reid.

The TC reports were all about Singletary looking ridiculous 

13 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

He wouldn’t have been able to be a “role player.”

While I don't disagree with you, this is exactly what he has done in KC.  So for some reason he couldn't be a "role player" in Buffalo perhaps.

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

can't blame him. I would not of been happy either the way he was let go. 

I'm pulling for the 49ers but if kc wins I'll be glad to see him get a ring.

This. (with edits) 

He spent the most time there. and many players do this type of thing.  Sign a 1 day contract and then officially retire. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Jobot said:

While I don't disagree with you, this is exactly what he has done in KC.  So for some reason he couldn't be a "role player" in Buffalo perhaps.

He had no choice in KC. He came in as a “role player”. He wasn’t considered a big signing for them. He was just a vet pickup who knew the offense. In Buffalo, he had been  the main guy for years and being asked to take a back seat. Very different situations 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Jobot said:

If read into it sounds like McCoy didn't like the idea of being a role player on a losing team. I don't think he expected the Bills to turn the corner that they did this season. 

• Like (+1) 1

The further Shady McCoy's time in Buffalo passes on...the more stories will come out about his time here not being all that great.

Just wish it would be left at..." i enjoyed my time in Buffalo, Great fans, I'll always have fond memories" END.

But of course, reporters will press and ask about it to build a story..and Shady doesn't have much of a filter when pressed.

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

This is exactly why he was cut. It wasn’t about money. It was because he couldn’t accept his own decline. He wouldn’t have been able to accept giving Singletary more carries. He wouldn’t have been able to be a “role player.” The Bills knew that, and didn’t want to deal with him having any kind of negative impact on singletary. 

End of the day the Bills kept Gore who lost more than a step or two,  let's hope HC Sean learns his lesson with keeping the good old boys with limited talent.  Your not winning with losers like Smith/Dimarco/Kroft and Murphy who need to go or this team will never take the next step and win a playoff game.  

2 minutes ago, Jobot said:

Accepting being a role player on a team that went 6-10 the previous year is much different than accepting being a role player on the team that went to the AFC championship the past year