Chargers moving on from Philip Rivers after 16 years

YoloinOhio

7 minutes ago, BuffaloRebound said:

Must be rolling with Tyrod and 1st round pick.  

I won’t rule out a trade for Dalton or Cam, and/or taking one with a 1st rd pick. Dalton plays well in nice weather. Cam would be a good transition to Herbert who I think they like. Not sure they want Cam’s personality there but they do need to spark a fan base somehow. I could also see them signing mariota. But this is the year they take a QB, I believe. 

Edited by YoloinOhio

Chargers must be in the market for Tua.

Detroit is sitting pretty at the number 3 draft position right now as the Dolphins and Chargers will really have to pony up to get Tua.

FOR ONCE............ it's nice to be in Detroit's position.

Edited by njbuff

3 minutes ago, BuffaloRebound said:

Gonna take more than their 2nd rounder to go from 6 to 3 and leapfrog Dolphins.  I’m sure Bills would be happy to take Bosa off their hands and give Chargers the draft capital they need to get Tua.  

What exactly would you want the Bills to give up for Bosa?

• Haha (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, njbuff said:

What exactly would you want the Bills to give up for Bosa?

What’s fair for an elite 25 year old pass rusher?  
Something slightly less than what raiders got for Mack... 1st and 5th this year.  Swap 2nd rounders with them this year.  3rd next year that can escalate to a 2nd.  

Just now, BuffaloRebound said:

What’s fair for an elite 25 year old pass rusher?  
Something slightly less than what raiders got for Mack... 1st and 5th this year.  Swap 2nd rounders with them this year.  3rd next year that can escalate to a 2nd.  

Not gonna happen in a million years for many reasons.

But if it does, you can bash me all you want. ?

1 minute ago, njbuff said:

If Bosa isn't a centerpiece for the Chargers rebuild, then everyone in that organization should be fired.

They are actually a good candidate for a young QB - good WRs, good running game and good defense to prop the kid up while he develops. take the Rivers $$ and invest in the OL and there you go!

Just now, Reed83HOF said:

They are actually a good candidate for a young QB - good WRs, good running game and good defense to prop the kid up while he develops. take the Rivers $$ and invest in the OL and there you go!

Even with Rivers gone, there is still something amiss with that team.

6 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

They need more on the OL (has been the case for years) but I think Rivers made them look worse than they were because he couldn’t move. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

The 3 and 4 spots are going to be very interesting this April.

The marriage of Tepper and Rhule means that Carolina is a real threat to splash their way ahead of Miami to get Rhule his hand-picked QB...just guessing that would be Herbert.

If LAC want Tua, they could move to 4, as I’m sure Gettleman would be tickled to move back for a hefty sum.

That leaves Jordan Love for Miami at 5...else they miss out on a QB despite 3 first rounders. Bad, bad look IMO.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, njbuff said:

Not gonna happen in a million years for many reasons.

But if it does, you can bash me all you want. ?

Not saying it’s gonna happen, but all of us who’ve been Bills fans the past 25 years know a franchise that’s a mess when we see one.  Trading Bosa is like us trading Peters or raiders trading Mack.  Takes a special kind of dysfunction and that’s what I see out of the Chargers.  

• Like (+1) 1

So Melvin Gordon just made an interesting case for Rivers to sign with the Colts.

- It would reunite him with Nick Sirianni, who currently serves as the offensive coordinator in Indy. Before signing on with the Colts, Sirianni spent five seasons as an offensive assistant with the Chargers.

- Rivers also has history with Reich.  Reich spent three seasons with the Chargers, including two as the team's offensive coordinator (2014-15). In 2015, Rivers threw for a career-high 4,792 yards

-Colts had a decent run game with a young Marlon Mack, but were 30th in passing yards.

-Decent OL if they can re-sign Castanzo (or tag him)

-$86M of clear cap, so they could theoretically sign both Rivers, and Castanzo

Hmmmmm.

• Like (+1) 1